+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Permanent Residence through study (shifting from Ontario))

HarshYADAV

Jan 12, 2016
Hi, I am currently enrolled in a college in Ontario, and it will start in January. I m thinking of changing my college and going to Quebec. I needed to know that after studies and getting my Permanent Residence in Quebec, will I have to stay in Quebec only for work, for few years, like in other provinces we have to stay for around 2 years there.
Also, is it a good decision to shift to Quebec? (Taking into consideration the Part-time jobs availability and full-time jobs after graduation)

HarshYADAV

Jan 12, 2016
Maxsharma12 said:
Hey harsh,can you please share your profile?
B.Tech (Mechanical) 6.73
1 year MBA (from UK)
1 yr 4 months - Bank experience in India
Now enrolled in Project management course (2 year graduate certificate in Toronto)

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HarshYADAV said:
B.Tech (Mechanical) 6.73
1 year MBA (from UK)
1 yr 4 months - Bank experience in India
Now enrolled in Project management course (2 year graduate certificate in Toronto)
You have a good profile harsh and i do not see any problem if you move to quebec. look as compared to ontario if your main purpose is to get PR then i think its fairly a good call.once you get your state PR which is your CSQ,then next step is federal and till federal you have to stay there which takes around 8 to 11 months i guess and after that you can move to any province where you want for the jobs if your english is good you can get a good part time job.But the pay scale is little less from ontario though.Hope it helps..!!!

HarshYADAV

Jan 12, 2016
Maxsharma12 said:
You have a good profile harsh and i do not see any problem if you move to quebec. look as compared to ontario if your main purpose is to get PR then i think its fairly a good call.once you get your state PR which is your CSQ,then next step is federal and till federal you have to stay there which takes around 8 to 11 months i guess and after that you can move to any province where you want for the jobs if your english is good you can get a good part time job.But the pay scale is little less from ontario though.Hope it helps..!!!
Thanks a lot :)

HarshYADAV

Jan 12, 2016
Maxsharma12 said:
Also is it true mostly people communicate in french there? And not knowing french makes life a little difficult?

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HarshYADAV said:
Also is it true mostly people communicate in french there? And not knowing french makes life a little difficult?
People in montreal are bilingual so they speak both languages.i don't see any problem man.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Go through these links before moving to Quebec just for PR sake. Quebec might move to some system like Express Entry next year and PR through Quebec might no longer be as easy as it used to be.

immigration.ca/quebec-to-adopt-expression-of-interest-immigration-system/

immigration.ca/quebec-reform-immigration-policy-2017-featuring-declaration-intent-immigration-system-audio/

immigration.ca/quebec-smes-want-low-skilled-workers/

immigration.ca/quebec-fills-second-intake-quota-2016/

https://www.cicnews.com/2016/03/quebec-announces-future-intake-periods-skilled-worker-immigration-program-037332.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/quebec-skilled-worker-program-begin-accepting-new-application-august-16.html

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/quebec-skilled-worker-program-new-guidelines-upcoming-payal-mohapatra?forceNoSplash=true

http://alghoul.com/quebec-skilled-worker-program-selection-system/