+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec - parent/grandparent sponsorship question

longt

Mar 12, 2020
Hello all,

I am looking to sponsor my parents and wanted to clarify some questions before the program opens up again. I am in the process of moving from Ontario to Quebec and notice the income requirements for Quebec are different than other provinces (12 months instead of 3 years). Is there a reason for this, like the income must be income generated in Quebec? Can anyone also tell me if there are specific residential requirements if you are applying for Quebec. For example, do I have to have lived in Quebec for at least 12 months leading up to my application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,

I am looking to sponsor my parents and wanted to clarify some questions before the program opens up again. I am in the process of moving from Ontario to Quebec and notice the income requirements for Quebec are different than other provinces (12 months instead of 3 years). Is there a reason for this, like the income must be income generated in Quebec? Can anyone also tell me if there are specific residential requirements if you are applying for Quebec. For example, do I have to have lived in Quebec for at least 12 months leading up to my application?
Somewhat hard to comment since it seems likely that there won’t be PGP this year and there were overhauls to the application going on. Will you not be working in Quebec?

longt

Mar 12, 2020
Somewhat hard to comment since it seems likely that there won’t be PGP this year and there were overhauls to the application going on. Will you not be working in Quebec?
I already do work in Quebec, I'm just on defense about moving there. But I'm worried that there are some provincial residency requirements that I'm not aware of. From what I can see, the Quebec website doesn't specify any requirements for the PGP besides having the right amount of income.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I already do work in Quebec, I'm just on defense about moving there. But I'm worried that there are some provincial residency requirements that I'm not aware of. From what I can see, the Quebec website doesn't specify any requirements for the PGP besides having the right amount of income.
Yes you need to live in Quebec to qualify for Quebec sppnsorship process.

yvanivanw

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Would you happen to know if you need to have lived in Quebec for the full 12 month period before your application?
No. You only need to be residing in Quebec when you're submitting the sponsorship application.