Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
I would like to know the purpose of this thread, I am also Quebec Outland 2013 sponsoring my wife, But is their any differences on timeline if applied from one province or another ?. I thought only purpose of Quebec was to take more money from us just to tell federal government that we are or not taking any social, while other province do it for free.

Did I missed anything ?

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
pardesifr said:
I thought only purpose of Quebec was to take more money from us just to tell federal government that we are or not taking any social, while other province do it for free.
The reason that Quebec requires a separate application is that they have a special deal where they have the right to accept or reject any applicant. In practical terms I can't think of any grounds they would have for refusing a spousal application. For other family class applications, Quebec has their own income requirement numbers. For other PR classes, Quebec has language and skill requirements that are unique to Quebec.

Bibitte

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Hello my friends! Hope u are fine! My husband and me are so happy ;D

Our Time Line:

Visa Office.....: Mexico
Med's Done....: 26-07-2013
App. Filed......: 10-10-2013
File Transfer...: 14-11-2013 Sponsorship Approval
AOR Received.: 10-12-2013
CSQ: Send.....: 24-12-13
Credit Charged for the CSQ: 08-01-14
CSQ:17-01-14 ( and I new it until today! I didn't receive the letter. My husband call to MICC and asked for the CSQ
I send the copy of the CSQ and my PGR document to the embassy: 26-01-14
Passport Request: 17-02-14 Shocked :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The next week I will go to the embassy for the visa! I am so happy but sad at the same time for leaving my family, friends, I love u Mexico! but I love my husband too! Smiley Sad I will tell u what happens! Smiley Love u my friends!

oasisfairy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
Bibitte said:

Our Time Line:

CSQ:17-01-14 ( and I new it until today! I didn't receive the letter. My husband call to MICC and asked for the CSQ
Passport Request: 17-02-14 Shocked :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The next week I will go to the embassy for the visa! I am so happy but sad at the same time for leaving my family, friends, I love u Mexico! but I love my husband too! Smiley Sad I will tell u what happens! Smiley Love u my friends!
Hi Bibitte,

congratulation! Wish you have a good time in Quebec. are you going to Montreal?

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bibitte said:

Our Time Line:

congrads..have a great life ahead..

Bibitte

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Thanks my friends! I am so happy :) My husband and me will live in the north of montreal a 20 minutes of there :) It is more relax :) do you have news from the CIC? I will pray for all or you :) I hope you will be with your loves very soon! :) I will go to the embassy the next week :)

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oasisfairy said:
Hi hi am there,

I made a stupid mistake when I mailed my CSQ application package. I forgot to attach the photocopy of my passport page as a spouse. the package just arrived at Montreal. do you know anything I can do to make up this? Or they will just return the package back to me directly?
i think its not required to attach ur passport copy since u r just submitting an undertaking application and csq application.hope u have included ur marriage certificate copy,attested, and PR card copy.if these things r there thn it sud work. i dont think u can include ur passport copy now unless the package is back.
if micc really needs it then they will return the package.dont worry, micc is doing their work faster. u will get ur csq maximum within a month.same time u check ur credit card statements.

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oasisfairy said:
Hi hi am there,

Thanks for your reply. Checklist does not ask for the marriage certificate and attested. my husband provided them with all his passport photocopy, citizenship and sponsorship approval letter from CIC, but I forgot telling him to include my passport ID page. I just remembered this today. :eek: :eek: :eek: . I am so worried now. Sign. wish that they wont return our package, which delay the whole process. I have been contacting MICC by email , but I am not sure whether it help!
dont worry..its really not necessary..its not going to delay the process...micc is superfast..i got my csq in 14days..micc forms sent on 15jan,credit card charged on 23rd jan,csq printing date 24th jan, and received in montreal adress on 28th jan.. pretty good!! ;D ;D ;D

which is ur visa office..can u post ur timeline ?

oasisfairy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
wixta said:
reading this forum I am confused. I got the first stage approval letter and I sent that with a document from the kit A (spouse birth certificate and a proof of address). Was I supposed to get some forms from MICC?

what forms from MICC? we also just sent the Kit A. did you send the photocopy of spuse passport ID page for the CSQ?

oasisfairy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
wixta said:
I logged into my ecas and it says this "CIC Forwards Sponsorship Application to MICC
We will send your sponsorship application to the Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities (MICC). They will send you forms for completion." What forms? I only sent kit A. my spouse-sponsor doesn't have valid passport so we sent his quebec birth certificate and driving license for the good measure.
I think they will send you the paper copy of CSQ. I has not gone that far yet. my sponsor sent his birth certificate for the application . Now I am confused whether I need to give MICC the photocopy of my passport ID page,which we did not include in the application package. Did you give them any photocopy of your ID? Thanks!

oasisfairy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
wixta said:
No I did not include any of my documents. I read the check list and they didn't ask for any of my documents or marriage certificate which looked odd to me.
the same as me. I did not include any my ID information. then I saw some post online which said that they included ID information for both sponsor and spouse. Then I got freak out and panic that MICC will return my package.

Maybe you can wait for a while to receive the paper copy of CSQ. otherwise phone MICC. I do not think you need to fill extra form to finish something. where is your visa office?

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
My husband and me got our SA yesterday, and now we are supposed to apply for CSQ. Already filled up the forms, but in the attachments page they say:
"Regardless of your situation, you must enclose: ... proof of your residential address in Québec
For example: A copy of your lease or a bill from a public utility (telephone, electricity, cable, etc.), school or
municipal taxes, indicating your name and address. "

Our situation is, that he is currently living together with me out of Canada, so he obviously does not have any of these. Should we just instead put in the papers we sent to MICC in the SA application to prove he's really moving to Canada with me? We got letters from his parents stating we are really coming and they're willing to help, and his mother did write a kind of a rental agreement to rent her basement when we move there, but it's dated to start in the autumn.

Also, so the only attachments needed otherwise are copy of the SA and copy of his passport?

Thnx for any advice!

oasisfairy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
Aniabella said:
My husband and me got our SA yesterday, and now we are supposed to apply for CSQ. Already filled up the forms, but in the attachments page they say:
"Regardless of your situation, you must enclose: ... proof of your residential address in Québec
For example: A copy of your lease or a bill from a public utility (telephone, electricity, cable, etc.), school or
municipal taxes, indicating your name and address. "

Our situation is, that he is currently living together with me out of Canada, so he obviously does not have any of these. Should we just instead put in the papers we sent to MICC in the SA application to prove he's really moving to Canada with me? We got letters from his parents stating we are really coming and they're willing to help, and his mother did write a kind of a rental agreement to rent her basement when we move there, but it's dated to start in the autumn.

Also, so the only attachments needed otherwise are copy of the SA and copy of his passport?

Thnx for any advice!
does he have any work contract ? If not, for sure he can use the letter from his parents or the rental agreement.
yes , the attachment is the copy of SA and his passport. we included his birth certificate as well.

make sure to use the 2014 version checklist which just updated the application fee to $269

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
oasisfairy said:
does he have any work contract ? If not, for sure he can use the letter from his parents or the rental agreement.
yes , the attachment is the copy of SA and his passport. we included his birth certificate as well.

make sure to use the 2014 version checklist which just updated the application fee to $269
Thnx, seems like we have then everything in order and ready to send off our CSQ application tomorrow. He doesn't have a work contract since we don't even know when we're moving, it'll be all in the hands of the London VO. I guess those papers should be fine then! Just kinda surprised how little they ask after compiling the main application so I had to make sure. :D