+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec LMIA Options

Dec 19, 2023
Now, I am working under my Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). I have a remote job with a Quebec-based employer, and I currently reside in Alberta. Additionally, I am already in the Express Entry pool. As I explore my options, I am also checking for Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) opportunities. Am I eligible for an LMIA under this Quebec employer?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Now, I am working under my Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). I have a remote job with a Quebec-based employer, and I currently reside in Alberta. Additionally, I am already in the Express Entry pool. As I explore my options, I am also checking for Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) opportunities. Am I eligible for an LMIA under this Quebec employer?
Any employer can apply for an LMIA. Many aren't willing to go through the process but you should certainly ask your employer if they are willing to do it.

Dec 19, 2023
Sure. Thanks for your reply. That's something I need to consider. Before that I just wants to make sure that this will also be a consideration. If I am not eligible for LMIA because of this remote position and residing out of province from Quebec then there is no point in asking that.

Singh__

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Sure. Thanks for your reply. That's something I need to consider. Before that I just wants to make sure that this will also be a consideration. If I am not eligible for LMIA because of this remote position and residing out of province from Quebec then there is no point in asking that.
You can get lmia for apply Close WP but you can’t get PR supporting lmia for increasing the points in express entry.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The majority of LMIAs will not allow remote work. It is tough to justify that you need an employee to be in Canada but then allow them to work remotely. If an employee could work remotely then you wouldn’t need to be in Canada.

Harry9889

Jan 1, 2024
Hi did you got your answer, I believe you can claim 50 cars points of having valid job offer even if you are in Phipps. Let me know your thoughts

Singh__

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Hi did you got your answer, I believe you can claim 50 cars points of having valid job offer even if you are in Phipps. Let me know your thoughts
No ,you couldn’t get 50 points in express entry from the Quebec pr supporting lmia.

Triptee

Feb 19, 2023
Hello everyone,
I completed 2 years of working as a welder in quebec on my PGWP with a Quebec Diploma of 2 years. I applied for CSQ in July 2023. But still waiting. I am working on my french.
Can anyone suggest me, should I wait for CSQ or move to other province?