+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration

Manu Shetty

Oct 6, 2014
Hi All,

I am also in the pool for Express Entry.I have heard that Quebec immigration is very easy compared to EE.Is it so ?

Thanks,M

Manu Shetty

Oct 6, 2014
Thanks Syed for the update.An consultant called me just now and told that it will take only 6 months. Looks like he was trying to trap me...

aravindkumarh

Jan 3, 2015
Manu Shetty said:
Thanks Syed for the update.An consultant called me just now and told that it will take only 6 months. Looks like he was trying to trap me...
6 months is what EE is trying to achieve for rest of Canada. For quebec it is still the old immigration method which takes longer time. Anyway 2014 quota is over, and awaiting new rules from April 2015.

But if you have a valid job offer now, you can apply immediately. quota applies to those without job offers.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
aravindkumarh said:
6 months is what EE is trying to achieve for rest of Canada. For quebec it is still the old immigration method which takes longer time. Anyway 2014 quota is over, and awaiting new rules from April 2015.

But if you have a valid job offer now, you can apply immediately. quota applies to those without job offers.
but you need french intermediate knowledge right?

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doesn't have any conflict if we apply for Quebec while we have applied for EE?

Suryak86

Sep 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
14-08-2014 ( Medical Received : 24-08-2014)
Interview........
RPRF : March 30th, 2015
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
The federal process is always always quicker because you only have to deal with one institution, CIC. With Quebec, the CSQ issuance is taking anywhere from 6 months to 3 years these days. And then tack on the federal timeline. Quebec is going to be a long process.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Having a job offer in Quebec doesn't have any impact on Advanced intermediate french requirement.

A lot of highly skilled people get temp work permits in quebec and still ultimately apply for Federal PR programs, meaning they intend to leave QC.

Acquiring that proficiency in french is no joke. And it is not just about getting PR, it impacts the rest of your life here. Education that kids gain (their English will be pathetic unless they end up going to McGill at some point latter in time).

And yes time frames are insanely long and unpredictable.

Lastly, if it matters to some one, the cost of CSQ is in addition to the fee you would pay for Federal programs. For a couple it would be close to 1K CAD.

aravindkumarh

Jan 3, 2015
dukhi said:
but you need french intermediate knowledge right?
Sorry for the late reply. I have no French knowledge and the pre evaluation showed positive for me for Quebec PR application. Knowing french is definitely the biggest advantage but its not mandatory.

Though you can join classes once you are in Quebec. But yeah need to think about long run. Finding english schools could be difficult for children.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
aravindkumarh said:
Sorry for the late reply. I have no French knowledge and the pre evaluation showed positive for me for Quebec PR application. Knowing french is definitely the biggest advantage but its not mandatory.

Though you can join classes once you are in Quebec. But yeah need to think about long run. Finding english schools could be difficult for children.
It is not mandatory on paper, but you are going to have a really hard time convincing the Interviewer (for CSQ) that you still intend to live in QC even without any french. The only way they could accept it is that you otherwise qualify and just haven't caught up to speed with the language for the time being. So you still would be expected to speak SOME french in interview.

Not to mention the insanely long and unpredictable time frame (could take 7 months to 2+ years for CSQ only, then add a year or more for the PR application itself). So you are potentially looking at a process that might take 3 years in receiving PR. The only reliable exception to this is with advanced intermediate french you get CSQ much sooner. E.g. for a highly skilled person with job, you get it in a couple weeks.

Suryak86

Sep 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
14-08-2014 ( Medical Received : 24-08-2014)
Interview........
RPRF : March 30th, 2015
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
fkl said:
It is not mandatory on paper, but you are going to have a really hard time convincing the Interviewer (for CSQ) that you still intend to live in QC even without any french. The only way they could accept it is that you otherwise qualify and just haven't caught up to speed with the language for the time being. So you still would be expected to speak SOME french in interview.

Not to mention the insanely long and unpredictable time frame (could take 7 months to 2+ years for CSQ only, then add a year or more for the PR application itself). So you are potentially looking at a process that might take 3 years in receiving PR. The only reliable exception to this is with advanced intermediate french you get CSQ much sooner. E.g. for a highly skilled person with job, you get it in a couple weeks.
Excellent advice.