+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC "Expression of Interest - Déclaration d’intérêt" (ALL UPDATES & DISCUSSIONS)

SQ1226

Apr 1, 2018
According to MIDI (Click Here for Detail) -

The intake rules for the 2017-2018 Regular Skilled Worker Program have been maintained and extended until August 15, 2018. Consequently, under this program, the Ministère can receive up to a maximum of 5,000 applications for a Certificat de sélection du Québec by August 15, 2018.

The Ministère will announce in advance, on its Internet site, the opening of all application intake periods.

Anyone has more updates on this?!?
No updates since they accidentally opened up these 5000 application on April 1. I think they're probably still figuring out how to process these 5000 applications before August 15. I really hope that this batch will still be processed under the current first-come-first-serve policy and not the EOI!

Reactions: coolcham

haider187

Apr 17, 2018
hello, i have applied in QSW but waiting for rite time to apply when its open however i want to make sure that i have done bachelors degree in IT 4 years but in quebec can this fall under the computer science category or not any body have a good idea ?

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No updates since they accidentally opened up these 5000 application on April 1. I think they're probably still figuring out how to process these 5000 applications before August 15. I really hope that this batch will still be processed under the current first-come-first-serve policy and not the EOI!
Well not sure of what is actually going on. These things are not at all transparent to most of us. Even after following things from very long time. We are unable to know the future process(es). Hope for the best.

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello, i have applied in QSW but waiting for rite time to apply when its open however i want to make sure that i have done bachelors degree in IT 4 years but in quebec can this fall under the computer science category or not any body have a good idea ?
You have to contact them to figure out your profession code and match if that match with Computer Science or Computer Engineering stream or not?1?

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New Quebec Skilled Worker Declaration of Interest System to Begin August 2, 2018

July 4, 2018 – Quebec has announced its new declaration of interest system for economic immigration will come into force on August 2, 2018.

The same date will also see the coming into force of higher investment requirements under the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program.

The new policies were announced on Twitter by Provincial Immigration Minister David Heurtel on Tuesday July 3rd. They are expected to be passed shortly by Minister Order.

Heurtel said the new skilled worker system, similar to the federal Express Entry system, will make Quebec immigration more modern, effective and efficient.

It is expected to reduce the processing time for economic immigration applicants to less than a year.

The Minister previously characterized the change as ‘revolutionary’. It will give priority to skilled workers who best meet the needs of the Quebec labour market.

What Will Be the Process of the New Quebec Declaration of Interest System?
The Quebec immigration ministry previously announced the following details of the declaration of interest system:

1. Candidates submit a declaration of interest to Quebec immigration.
  2. Highest-scoring candidates are invited to apply for a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ).
  3. Candidates receiving an invitation then submit their completed application to the Quebec immigration ministry for a CSQ.
  4. Once a CSQ is issued, candidates submit the federal application.
New Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP)
New investment requirements under the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) will also come into force on August 2, 2018.

The new program will feature an investment requirement of $1.2 million, up from $800,000. The qualifying net worth amount will increase to $2 million, up from $1.6 million.

What Are the New Requirements for The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program?
  • Legally acquired personal net worth of $2 million;
  • Two years of suitable management or business experience within the five years preceding the application;
  • Investment of $1.2 million into a passive government guaranteed investment for a period of five years bearing no interest;
  • Intend to settle in the province of Quebec.
Quebec has control over its own immigration system, with the power to set annual immigration levels independently from the rest of Canada.

The Quebec immigration program has not accepted any new applications since the summer of 2016. With its new declaration of interest system, Quebec will begin to welcome near 30,000 new skilled worker immigrants annually.

finj1994

Jul 7, 2018
Interested here. I hope I'll qualify and do hope also it's true that the processing time is reduced to less than a year. My brother's application took 29 months for the CSQ.

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interested here. I hope I'll qualify and do hope also it's true that the processing time is reduced to less than a year. My brother's application took 29 months for the CSQ.
The eligibility norms are not yet disclosed by MIDI. So we have to wait for the sure shot qualification status. As of now, you can share your qualification with us. We'd love to know more about you.

Dhyom

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hi can anyone pls tell if primary school teachers can apply? I have 6 yrs experience but I'm not sure I'm eligible for Quebec or not?

finj1994

Jul 7, 2018
The eligibility norms are not yet disclosed by MIDI. So we have to wait for the sure shot qualification status. As of now, you can share your qualification with us. We'd love to know more about you.

Hi, I'm from Philippines, 24 years old, Computer Engineering graduate with two years work experience as Software Applications Engineer.

senuju

Mar 8, 2017
Hi finji..
Can u plz share when ur brother has applied for csq n from where... Is he in federal stage now??plz reply.. I'm from srilanka.