+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC "Expression of Interest - Déclaration d’intérêt" (ALL UPDATES & DISCUSSIONS)

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

Like Express Entry, interested candidates, who are eligible for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program, would have to submit an Expression of Interest as a first step.

Also similar to the Federal Express Entry system is the fact a profile will be valid for 12 months.

It is expected that after entering Quebec’s Expression of Interest pool, a candidate would receive another score based on a ranking system that determines their position in the pool, much like Express Entry’s Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).

Under the Federal Express Entry system, a candidate’s ranking score is determined by points awarded for factors such as employment, education, language skills, age, as well as additional factors. It is expected that Quebec will have a unique points-system that operates in a similar way.

Candidates would be drawn from the Expression of Interest pool through invitation rounds during which a specified number of candidates who meet or exceed a specified cut-off score would be issued invitations to apply for a Quebec Selection Certificate (Certificat de sélection du Québec, or CSQ).

Those issued an invitation to apply will have 90 days to submit a complete application for CSQ. Applicants who receive an CSQ from Quebec can then apply to the Government of Canada for permanent residence.

More details about this system, including the ranking system and exact start date, are expected to be announced in the near future.

Follow this thread for upcoming news, updates & announcements regarding the new
QUEBEC "Expression of Interest - Déclaration d’intérêt" system.

Quebec91

Feb 22, 2018
Still, you have to wait another 15 months for the federal stage. Just playing the stick and carrot game with the new immigrants. will see what to expect from them very soon.

Pavani9

Mar 29, 2018
Hi, At this point of time, what is the best way to immigrate to Quebec,Canada?

I have a job offer from a Canadian Company in Montreal, Quebec (full-time) which is not validated yet and I am wondering which option is best to immigrate in regards with the time - via temporary work permit or via PR? I heard obtaining PR for Quebec is a very lengthy process and time consuming. So, do you think I should ask my employer for LMIA for getting a temporary work visa and apply for PR after 6 months or should I ask for validated job offer and go for the Quebec PR process.

Any advice will help! Thanks in advance.

Reactions: srvsh.pawar

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still, you have to wait another 15 months for the federal stage. Just playing the stick and carrot game with the new immigrants. will see what to expect from them very soon.
Well in any way you have to rely on their system and you can't change it. Better to accept it and move ahead. If you have plan to move in to Canada you have to go by their law and system. :)

Reactions: Manoulouiz

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I have a job offer from a Canadian Company in Montreal, Quebec (full-time) which is not validated yet and I am wondering which option is best to immigrate in regards with the time - via temporary work permit or via PR? I heard obtaining PR for Quebec is a very lengthy process and time consuming. So, do you think I should ask my employer for LMIA for getting a temporary work visa and apply for PR after 6 months or should I ask for validated job offer and go for the Quebec PR process.

You better post such queries in the main forum not here. This post is specific to the new system and needs time to take into action.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: chelsea9876

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi mates
Would like to know whether this new system will affect for 2016 applicants or not. Do you have any idea?? Pls reply..
The new system is not yet finalised and not sure when it'll start taking applications. For the time being, what it seems, only new applications will be taken under this EOI model. If you have already applied on or before 2017, then you are not into this system. :D

Reactions: boblast

srvsh.pawar

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
India
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
24-07-2017
Probably you can get the LMIA done and use the LMIA number to be used for your EE profile.
You must be getting a immigration lawyer from the employer who will manage your case for CSQ. Have a discussion with the lawyer and explain your case and your EE profile.

Reactions: Pavani9

omarvisa

Dec 4, 2017
Hi guys,
Do you know if this new system includes applicants who have temporary resident in Quebec (who can submit CSQ application at anytime)?
thanks

rl03

Oct 31, 2017
I dont understand why there is a payment on the new immigration is that always the case?

SQ1226

Apr 1, 2018
Apparently there will be another 5000 outland intake for QSW before August 15, and inland applicants can still submit applications until August 15. Does it mean that the current first-come-first-serve policy will still apply to applications submitted before August 15? I want to submit an application soon so that I could still benefit from the current policy before EOI comes into effect, but seeing that MIDI has a history of applying new policies to applications that have not entered preliminary review, I'm not so sure about this. Any ideas or insights?

Reactions: hjf123

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apparently there will be another 5000 outland intake for QSW before August 15, and inland applicants can still submit applications until August 15. Does it mean that the current first-come-first-serve policy will still apply to applications submitted before August 15? I want to submit an application soon so that I could still benefit from the current policy before EOI comes into effect, but seeing that MIDI has a history of applying new policies to applications that have not entered preliminary review, I'm not so sure about this. Any ideas or insights?
Well, hypothetically anything can happen BUT we need to wait till we get further update(s) from MIDI regarding this new system.

As far as the policies are concern, you have to change policies for the betterment of the system and get the maximum out of it. That is what MIDI is doing and trying to do. Let hope for the best.

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont understand why there is a payment on the new immigration is that always the case?
What payment you are talking about? There's no payment scheme as of now for the new system. We'll get an update soon.

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to MIDI (Click Here for Detail) -

The intake rules for the 2017-2018 Regular Skilled Worker Program have been maintained and extended until August 15, 2018. Consequently, under this program, the Ministère can receive up to a maximum of 5,000 applications for a Certificat de sélection du Québec by August 15, 2018.

The Ministère will announce in advance, on its Internet site, the opening of all application intake periods.

Anyone has more updates on this?!?