+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec CSQ Paris Office Applicants

cochin007

Apr 10, 2012
No for Uk it still accepts..
The stopped for Eastern Europe West and Sub-Saharan Africa as of March 16, 2012.
The usual treatment is maintained for other immigration categories. as per the site

Ashille said:
@ cochin007

Hi, the application process stretches over several years, so, it is vital that you state year whenever you are citing a date. So, do u mean you applied in April 2012? If yes, you might wanna check the link below as I guess the Paris office no longer accepts CSQ applications anymore now!

immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/biq/paris/actualite2.html

And yes, they do acknowledge. This is what they refer to as AOR. I got mine after 5 months but apparently these days, the length of time has gotten up to 9 months easily!

SUNSHINE4U

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
29/04/2015
Hi friends, does anyone from africa have interview scheduled for this june missions in Ghana?

babake

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whatever happened to BIQ Paris, do they still operate or they packed up and closed operations? Any of Us still waitting like myself and wondering whether the CSQ was sent and got lost along the way OR????? Many of the guys who applied after me ( April 2010 ) hv all been selected or atleast have recieved an interview call.........Applicants from subshara africa can I hear a shout out?!

Razaqng

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.
22/08/2011(Credit Card Refused)
AOR Received.
22/08/2011
babake said:
Whatever happened to BIQ Paris, do they still operate or they packed up and closed operations? Any of Us still waitting like myself and wondering whether the CSQ was sent and got lost along the way OR????? Many of the guys who applied after me ( April 2010 ) hv all been selected or atleast have recieved an interview call.........Applicants from subshara africa can I hear a shout out?!
@babake

I wuldnt know what is the problem with BIQ Paris nowadays,a lot of people have been calling them without any agent picking the calls.Due to this a lady's application was returned b'cos she forgot to include her credit card form,which was later sent a day after the main applicatn was sent,but you know what the applicatn was returnd.Now the lady has to pay the new fee that has increasd by about 50% due a fault not has but b'cos she calld the office of BIQ Paris to inform them of the event no one wuld pick the call.The lady also sent a bank draft later just in case the form doesnt work out still nothing.She has sent anoda demand to Montreal office now,but yet to receive the draft she sent to Paris office and she culdnt get them on phone to inform them of this occurence,just imagine!

On my part,I wuld have lovd to call to confirm the status of my applicatn but no response from this BIQ.

I think they have moved some applicatns to Montreal,if not all the applicatns of the countries whose BIQ wuld now be Montreal,therefore they are having problems giving informatn to the applicants whenever they call Paris since their files are now in Montreal.I suspectd this development when I was calling Paris to confirm if they have receivd my draft when my credit card was refused.They were just telling that they couldnt tell b'cos the agent handling my file has not updated it until I got the AOR in March,however,since March 30th that they said my file is undergoing study till now I'm still waiting for their response and culd not get them on phone to find out the status of my applicatn.

Anyway,I think we just hope for the best in few weeks to come my people.Cheers.

Ashille

Jul 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
[CSQ-Paris], [PR-Nairobi]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[CSQ-23 Oct 2010], [PR-15 Dec 2012]
AOR Received.
23 March 2011
Interview........
28 Nov 2012
To all those who are thinking whether calling BIQ-Paris would perhaps shed some light, you are so wrong. Calling them doesn't help at all. I called them under 2 circumstances. After making me wait for over 30 mins on international call, I managed to talk to a lady, however, all she could tell me was that my file is still under study and that @ her level, she just cannot tell me how much longer it is going to take. The I called again after 3 months hoping to hear something positive perhaps, but again she repeated the same old stuffs!

So, there's no point calling them. Wait and pray!

Razaqng

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
22/08/2011
Ashille said:
To all those who are thinking whether calling BIQ-Paris would perhaps shed some light, you are so wrong. Calling them doesn't help at all. I called them under 2 circumstances. After making me wait for over 30 mins on international call, I managed to talk to a lady, however, all she could tell me was that my file is still under study and that @ her level, she just cannot tell me how much longer it is going to take. The I called again after 3 months hoping to hear something positive perhaps, but again she repeated the same old stuffs!

So, there's no point calling them. Wait and pray!
@Ashville

I really appreciate ur tenacity for holding on for 30 mins on int call,but at least u got a response from them even though not reasonable,which confirmed wat i've been saying that some files might have been sent to Montreal making it difficult for them to give reliable info to apllicants.

Pls can I know your country of origin,b'cos I think it plays a role in quota allocation for process applicatns now that they are overwhelmd with applicatns.It is possible the no of applicatns from country is high which makes for the delay in the processing.I think quebec applicatns from my country,Nigeria are very few compared to other subsaharan african countries,especially the francophone countries.

Thanks in advance for ur response.Cheers

Ashille

Jul 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
23 March 2011
Interview........
28 Nov 2012
Hey Razaqng

I'm from Mauritius! The information that some files have been sent to Montreal office, does it come from trusted sources or it's just a speculation? While going thru the material on the web, what I did make out is that Paris office would no longer accept new applications for CSQ, rather than sending current application to Montreal!

Either way, even if they have sent the open files to Montreal, this should have shorten processing time, don't u think so?

Do you think that there's a cap to the number of applicants they are allowing? You are right, the demand from subsaharan countries is huge! Mauritius belongs to the subsaharan category! There are a lot of people from my country who have moved to Quebec during the last 10 years. The number of people still applying for PR is ever increasing! Maybe they have had enough Mauritians! lol

babake

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,
For two years have been waitting and waitting...until in January this year I decided to divert resourses and applied for my wife postgraduate studies in Canada and guess shes got admissions and in August shod be landing there for studies......shes been making fun at me that I decided to put money in a wrong investment instead of going for something tangible and which you can be able to keep track like studies than this immigration process that you cant even know which part of the ocean your application is or stands.....Anyways I hope probably its my wife that will invite me to canada once shes stttled down, thats where the CSQ will find me....otherwise its such a funny process, nobody minds waitting even five years BUT atleast cant BIQ be giving updates even if its by email, coz it makes the brain thinks alot whether the letter got lost, or your file has been missplaced or whaterver, Dont we deserve to know the stage in which our application is guys?

Ashille

Jul 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
23 March 2011
Interview........
28 Nov 2012
Lucky you! Wish I had that option too!

Guess we should find work @ the Montreal immigration office and reform the whole processing thing! ;D What does it cost to send an email these days? What's the point of giving us a file number when we can't do a damn thing with it! I wish there were an automated website thing where we could at least enter our file number and the system would update us on our file progress!

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
babake said:
Guys,
For two years have been waitting and waitting...until in January this year I decided to divert resourses and applied for my wife postgraduate studies in Canada and guess shes got admissions and in August shod be landing there for studies......shes been making fun at me that I decided to put money in a wrong investment instead of going for something tangible and which you can be able to keep track like studies than this immigration process that you cant even know which part of the ocean your application is or stands.....Anyways I hope probably its my wife that will invite me to canada once shes stttled down, thats where the CSQ will find me....otherwise its such a funny process, nobody minds waitting even five years BUT atleast cant BIQ be giving updates even if its by email, coz it makes the brain thinks alot whether the letter got lost, or your file has been missplaced or whaterver, Dont we deserve to know the stage in which our application is guys?
@babake
I believe ur resources will not waste, i know before ur wife finish her study u will join her.

I just realised i will have to develop PATIENT!!! in this game.

Fiirm

Jun 25, 2012
Hello, my name in ILONA and I am new here..I gest passed 4 days ago the selection interview for Quebec in Paris. kcharito, I live in Grecce too, can i have your mail, please? I want to ask you some questions, only if you don't mind..

Razaqng

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
22/08/2011
ilona cristiana said:
Hello, my name in ILONA and I am new here..I gest passed 4 days ago the selection interview for Quebec in Paris. kcharito, I live in Grecce too, can i have your mail, please? I want to ask you some questions, only if you don't mind..
@Ilonachristana
Permit me to congratulate you for your long awaited success.
Pls culd share ur interview experience with us and ur application timeline.
Thank you and God bless.

Jun 25, 2012
Thank you very much, Razaqng, I thing that I was lucky enough, didn't have to wait too much for the interview, only 9 months.
The interview wasn't difficult at all, me and my husband we were anxious at the beggining, but that is very normal, is ok, the officer understands the human nature. ;D
He was kind and polite, he was speeking slowly an pronouncing well (for make sure that you understand), we have spoken a lot about our papers, not only one personal question ( for ex. "what is your motivation for immigrate?"), nothing like this, he asked me few times if I have only one child, but never the age of our child :eek:, we are phisiotherapists both of us, he wanted to check up our diplomas and the anexes of diploma from university, he asked to see a copy of my cotisations and the last three months of sallary paid papers, I had a french test TCFQ for my french level (intermediar level) it was ok, for my enghish level I didn't have an official test, so he put me one question in english gest to see the level, it was ok too, he didn't even let me finish, we had also to clarifiy some details about our names ( in romanian with "C", in greek with "K"), ANYWHAY was all ok, about an hour the interview, we didn't spoke a lot, gest question-answer and after he wrote a lot at computer, with my husband was not interesed to speek in english ( my husband don't speeks french), gest a few simple questions in french to see if he undertands a little bit (no, but was also ok0, and in the end he told me "madame, vous seule avez deja le pointage pour passer, vouz n'avez pas besoin des points de votre mari, felicitations, vous etes passes!!!"), thing who bothered a little my husband :D, but only a little.
At the end my personal opinion about the interview : once they call you there they want to help, not to trouble you. Assure yourselfs that you didn't right any lie in the papers, and speek clear and gest answer the questions they make, without too much bla-bla.
Good luck to everyone and be cool!

Jun 25, 2012
Hi, Genona, they don't let me to send you a personal message, I don't know why, so I answer you here, no, my profession is not under the priority list, I've gest been lucky. Your anxiety is understandable, myself I lost my sleep weeks before, but try to relax a little, is not a problem you don't have a french test, they will evaluate you at the interview, the officer is a french speaker, mine was very kind, he gave me maximum of points for my level and believe me I made mistakes..a lot!

So, good luck to you, remember, THEY WANT TO PASS YOU!

rebirth78

Dec 11, 2011
Hello everybody,
My CSQ application was submitted from Liberia, Africa through my lawyers in Montreal to BIQ Paris on November 11, 2011. I received my aor on June 14, 2012. I am now awaiting an interview date (actually, I'm hoping to have the interview waived).

Canada 2011 said:
Hi
I have applied on 25-02-2011, Paris(Europe)
Waiting for AOR
Other users please share your timeline
Thanks