+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec CSQ Application

Walatbe

Aug 7, 2011
I applied for the Quebec CSQ after filling an online assesment and qualified, but after my application, i got a response saying i was refused and that i could appeal. I feel i have a good ground for my appeal as i was scored a zero in the oral french which i should not be scored as i was in Belgium for 2 years in which i was able to communicate passably in french even though it had been a while now and more over i went to do a beginners class in french during the period of my CSQ process as i thought i would be called for an interview and i am still registered for an intermediate class in french as i intend to reside in Quebec due to my background in Biotechnology. I will like to know if i stand a chance with the appeal or any other advice will be welcomed. I was sored a 54 points out of the needed 57 points. Advice and informatons needed. Thanks

montreal789

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Nomination.....
Denied August, 1, 2011 - Filed for admin review.
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 2011 (New AOR on May 6)
Hi Walatbe,

Sorry to hear about your refusal. I was also refused and going through an appeal.

Please provide us with a breakdown of your points. Did you provide any test results (delf, tef, tefaq etc) as proof of french proficiency? If french is the only thing holding you back then you can provide proof of intermediate french to score more points. This is just my suggestion.

Please post your message to the thread below so that others can also offer their advice. Don't lose hope. You're only three points away from CSQ and you should fight it!!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/quebec-applicants-lets-share-experience-t37196.5160.html

Walatbe

Aug 7, 2011
Hi montreal 789, i did not provide any test result, but i was scored a zero in the following Francais inter orale, sejour au Quebec, famile au Quebec, conj. francais, conj. Domaine forand conj. scolarite. I want to know, do i have to provide a test result as i am given 90 days to appeal and how is your appeal going?

montreal789

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Nomination.....
Denied August, 1, 2011 - Filed for admin review.
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 2011 (New AOR on May 6)
Walatbe said:
Hi montreal 789, i did not provide any test result, but i was scored a zero in the following Francais inter orale, sejour au Quebec, famile au Quebec, conj. francais, conj. Domaine forand conj. scolarite. I want to know, do i have to provide a test result as i am given 90 days to appeal and how is your appeal going?
I just filed this week and waiting to hear from them.

If you can provide proof of french knowledge then you'll do great. You will definitely score more than 3 points if you're an intermediate speaker. Find out from your french school what tests they provide. 90 days is a good enough time to do this. No worries.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi waltabe,
they will accept only test results of DELF/DALF, TEF, TCF, TEFaQ, TCFaQ. Your school certificate will not be considered valid to award you any points for french proficiency.

I suggest you to enrol for immediate exam date of any of the above tests and provide the test results to them.

TEFaQ and TCFaQ will be a better options for you, as the test results will be directly sent to BIQ with your file number, thus saving your time as you have 90 days time to appeal.

I hope this helps.

Bon Chance
Walatbe said: