+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec CSQ Applicants in the USA

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssanndy,

I applied on March 2010 from the US.

I hope anyone here can share his/her timeline if the same case.

Thanks,

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
speednab said:
ssanndy,

I applied on March 2010 from the US.

I hope anyone here can share his/her timeline if the same case.

Thanks,
Wow You applied one year ago? Have you heard anything at all?
I hope mine doesnt take that long. I applied Feb 2011. I guess i have a long wait ahead of me :(

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssaandy,

I only got a letter of receipt with a file number. Yes It seems too slow now. They have many applicants

Best wishes to you.

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
speednab said:
ssaandy,

I only got a letter of receipt with a file number. Yes It seems too slow now. They have many applicants

Best wishes to you.
Is there a way to check your current status?
One year seem too long. I have read on this forum people who got theirs within 3 to six months... Never 1 yr

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssanndy ,

There is no way but to call them. I did and they said they are working in the february 2010 applications.

It is a special year because I heard that they reached maximum in 2010, since 50 years now.

Let me know if you have any info that can help conclude something

Thanks,

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's really unfortunate for USA applicants because BIQ Montreal is now the slowest office, especially if you're not in the priority list. I guess they received too many applicants? If you compare with other offices, some have finished processing October 2010 applications!!!!

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/cost-immigrating/processing-times-table.html#amerique

sasa80

Star Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visa Office......
Montreal
Dear Friends
I have an urgent question and need your help

I applied for CSQ from Vancouver Canada last sept 2010 and got my AOR in Dec 2010 , I was in student visa in vancouver ,then I returned back to my country Egypt and will stay here at least for one year , now I need to change my address to Egypt to make the interview here in Egypt in case of if they will need an interview ... How I can do that .. By phone or Email or mail ?? and what is the address for each of them???

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sasa80 said:
Dear Friends
I have an urgent question and need your help

I applied for CSQ from Vancouver Canada last sept 2010 and got my AOR in Dec 2010 , I was in student visa in vancouver ,then I returned back to my country Egypt and will stay here at least for one year , now I need to change my address to Egypt to make the interview here in Egypt in case of if they will need an interview ... How I can do that .. By phone or Email or mail ?? and what is the address for each of them???
They will transfer your file. You need to write a letter and either mail or fax it using the address provided on your AOR. In the letter, state your new address and request that your file be transferred to the BIQ office overseeing your country. You will then receive a confirmation letter from them via the mail stating that they have transferred your file. Remember to include your file number when corresponding with them - also include it on the envelope to ensure faster processing.

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quebechopefull ,

Could you please provide me with a link that explain the transfer process.

Thank you

Speednab

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
speednab said:
quebechopefull ,

Could you please provide me with a link that explain the transfer process.

Thank you

Speednab
There's no link to explain the transfer process.

On the csq application, it states that you should inform them if any information on your application changes within 30 days of the change. That includes address change, marriage, babies, any errors etc.

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right. But this is within the same country. Anyway I have been told many times that there is no transfer if you move out from the country where the aaplication is initialed

Thanks again.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@ SASA80, due to handling charges,file transfer is not possible. all reasons provided by speednab are true.

stanka

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello comrades, I have a question for you.
I got my CSQ in January and I applied for federal in February, on the 15th of February my application was already in Buffalo.
I have been waiting for the AOR for 6 weeks already . How long does it take to get it? :(

Bihari

Oct 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just checked my CC account and the Immigration Quebec charged the application fees. Waiting for AOR now and I believe it will take atleast few weeks...Any updates from other prospects?