august 22nd 2013
Med's Done....
august 23nd 2013 Ecase shows received on 12/13.2013
Interview........
RPRF request 02/13/2014
Passport Req..
January 5th 2015
They just updated the program of their mission this is the link:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/Programmation-missions-travailleurs-lieu.pdf
It looks that soon we can hear from BIQ.
Good luck guys

KAMMAR

Star Member
Jun 27, 2010
Hi,

I just got a message calling for interview in Newyork. I'm very worry. Can you guys help me with some questions. I know a few of you had interview in the last couple of months.
Also, is there any tips for people going there?

Thanks,
-Khaled

rasein said:
Hi Ekim,

Please let me know what are questions asked at the interview, i am having my Interview on May 15 10:30 at New York, i haven't prepared anything on the French, my work kept me busy for past 1 year, if can give me some questions, it will be really helpful

Thanks

peso

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys i will like to ask if someone can reapply, after been denied at the interview?

axsultana

Aug 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-11
AOR Received.
12-12-11
Hello,

Please could you all provide some tips for preparing the French Language questions in the interview?

What do they ask frequently? I have to start the french language preparation.

Thanks
8)

osidabdelkader

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
New York- USA
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Doc's Request.
Requested Police certificate fom my homecountry 04/03/2014
File Transfer...
Ecas went "In Process" 04/02/2014
Med's Request
august 22nd 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
RPRF request 02/13/2014
Passport Req..
January 5th 2015
To anybody who is expecting an interview, the following documentary can help you know more about Quebec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCQZTCbzlZk&playnext=1&list=PL7CAF64659026F401&feature=results_main

osidabdelkader

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
New York- USA
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
august 22nd 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
RPRF request 02/13/2014
Passport Req..
January 5th 2015
I wanted to anticipate my federal file, so before receiving a confirmation for interview, I sent my request to thie FBI for a background check and I just received their letter saying that I have no prior record in their data.
Is this enough or do I still have to request a police certificate and I want to know what's the difference between the police certificatr and what I received?
Is it to early for me to receive this letter>?
Thanks in advance

osidabdelkader

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
New York- USA
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
august 22nd 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
RPRF request 02/13/2014
Passport Req..
January 5th 2015
this forum is getting slower and very quiet

FL2Quebec

Oct 11, 2012
Hello All!

I had a quick question regarding our US Diplomas. It may sound silly, but I'm confused on question 4 of the application. If we have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited American University, do we select yes to any of the following? Or just put no? I'm assuming no for Quebec diploma and Canadian diploma, but is a US diploma recognized by a Quebec regulatory body, or covered by the mutual recognition agreement. Thank you for your help!

Québec diploma YES NO
Canadian diploma YES NO
Diploma or training recognized as equivalent by a Québec regulatory body (with the exception of a diploma in medicine) YES NO
Foreign diploma covered by a mutual recognition agreement (ARM) YES NO

Thank you for your help in answering this question. Good luck to everyone and their applications!

MidoRafa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
FL2Quebec said:
Hello All!

I had a quick question regarding our US Diplomas. It may sound silly, but I'm confused on question 4 of the application. If we have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited American University, do we select yes to any of the following? Or just put no? I'm assuming no for Quebec diploma and Canadian diploma, but is a US diploma recognized by a Quebec regulatory body, or covered by the mutual recognition agreement. Thank you for your help!

Québec diploma YES NO
Canadian diploma YES NO
Diploma or training recognized as equivalent by a Québec regulatory body (with the exception of a diploma in medicine) YES NO
Foreign diploma covered by a mutual recognition agreement (ARM) YES NO

Thank you for your help in answering this question. Good luck to everyone and their applications!
Hi FL2Quebec,

You'd have to pick NO for all options. Here is the breakdown:
Québec diploma YES NO [OBVIOUS]
Canadian diploma YES NO [OBVIOUS]
Diploma or training recognized as equivalent by a Québec regulatory body (with the exception of a diploma in medicine) YES NO [NO, unless you get your degree validated by a regulatory body in Quebec, for example: the Order of Engineers, which is equivalent to getting the PE certificate in the US)
Foreign diploma covered by a mutual recognition agreement (ARM) YES NO [These ARM's only apply to (some?) French diplomas]

Good luck!
M.

Quebecophile

Nov 19, 2012
I just wanted to say a quick "bonjour" to all of you... I am getting ready to apply for the CSQ in Québec, as soon as they reopen the program, that is.

I have two questions:
1) I am a native English speaker, but in order to get points for English that count towards the app, it seems that I still have to take an English test to prove my proficiency. Obviously, my goal is to get as many points as possible, so it looks like it'd be worth my while to take the test, especially since I'm bilingual and plan on taking the TCF anyway. Is this correct?

2) Does anyone have any general advice or words of wisdom on how to go about this? I am only at the very beginning of the process, and am feeling a bit overwhelmed... however, I really want to go through with this as I've had a dream of living in Québec since age 16 (I'm almost 29 now!).

Quebecophile

Nov 19, 2012
QuébécoiseHonoraire said:
Hey there, Brebu!

Wow, that's pretty cool that you're from my 'hood. ;) I took my French classes at Truman. Believe it or not, I learned A LOT. In only two semesters, I got a solid foundation in many principles. Obviously, it would be in my best interest to take all four classes. (They offer 101 - 104.) One thing that was pretty cool was that when I went to Alliance Française for my placement assessment, it turns out that at Truman we had covered up into the lower end of the "intermediate" category of the international scale in only two semesters. The professor there is rather tough, but good. When I took the TEFAQ, I ended up scoring at low end of intermediate. Not super great, but I think it demonstrates to Immigration-Québec that I've been making an effort to learn French and that I've gotten a foundation which can be improved upon. (of course, I'm keeping my fingers crossed) Rogers Park is kind of up-and-coming, and has some pretty cool things. I'm thinking of Metropolis coffee, Heartland Cafe, Mayne Stage, etc. Okay, take care! :)
I'm from Chicagoland as well... wow, it seems that lots of aspiring Québécois(es) are from the Windy City! Pretty neat! :D

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Hi all!

Any recent CSQ interview experiences from NY/ USA? I have my interview coming really quick

bouchot

Apr 15, 2013
Well, my wife and I applied on July 2011, and we're finally going to our interview in New York City tomorrow. Let's see how it goes!