+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec application and EE

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
I applied for Quebec certificate through Mon Projet Quebec last June but now I have been invited to apply for EE so:

1) Do I need to withdraw my Quebec application before submitting my eAPR?
2) What should I answer to this question for EE: Has ****** applied for Permanent Residence (PR) before? If I answer yes then I need to insert Permanent Residence (PR) file number. Where can I find this? I am not sure if Quebec gave me this number.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Yes, you should not have both applications processing at the same time, you should be really careful with this.

2 - If you don't have it answer "no" and explain the situation in a LOE.

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
1 - Yes, you should not have both applications processing at the same time, you should be really careful with this.
I am calling Quebec tomorrow to withdraw my application but before creating my EE profile I read in more than one place that it is OK to have an EE profile and a CSQ application at the same time. But as you said I can't apply for both simultaneously.

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
2 - If you don't have it answer "no" and explain the situation in a LOE.
I do have an application number in the form of D000000****. Is this the Permanent Residence (PR) file number?

RoseAndRosemary

Feb 11, 2016
Alii2017 said:
I am calling Quebec tomorrow to withdraw my application but before creating my EE profile I read in more than one place that it is OK to have an EE profile and a CSQ application at the same time. But as you said I can't apply for both simultaneously.
Hi Alii2017,

I am pretty much in the same situation and want to ask you what happened when you called?
Did they withdraw your CSQ application?

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
It is fine to have both applications at the same time. However once you are approved for one (either CSQ for QSW or ITA for express entry) you should withdraw the other before submitting your application for permanent residency

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
RoseAndRosemary said:
Hi Alii2017,

I am pretty much in the same situation and want to ask you what happened when you called?
Did they withdraw your CSQ application?
I called and they said I have to mail them a letter for this. I typed and mailed the letter but forgot to sign it, don't know if I have to send it again. It was delivered a few days ago. I am calling them today to see what happens.

RoseAndRosemary

Feb 11, 2016
Alii2017 said:
I called and they said I have to mail them a letter for this. I typed and mailed the letter but forgot to sign it, don't know if I have to send it again. It was delivered a few days ago. I am calling them today to see what happens.
Was there a special format for the letter? And what did they tell you finally?

Also, did you first accept the ITA and then called to cancel your Quebec application or the other way around?

jampk

Oct 28, 2016
Read this its clearly written that you can proceed with the both applications

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1142&top=29

Reactions: Tuki

RoseAndRosemary

Feb 11, 2016
I also called them. However, they told me they could not close my file because they had not started processing it. I submitted the application in August 2016.
She explained to me that I can only request to close it after I received the next letter from them, requesting more documents.
I told her that I am about to accept an ITA and that this situation makes it complicated, but she continued insisting that it was not possible to close the file now. So I have to wait until no one knows, spring time maybe ..., when they start processing the applications. So how can I continue with the ITA? I'm confused. Don't know how to proceed. Please, advise me on this.

Alii2017, you said you were from June's applicants - had they already started processing your application?
Will you tell me to what address you sent them the letter to and what did you write in it? I think I may send them a letter as well, even though she said the above.

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
I also called them. However, they told me they could not close my file because they had not started processing it. I submitted the application in August 2016.
She explained to me that I can only request to close it after I received the next letter from them, requesting more documents.
I told her that I am about to accept an ITA and that this situation makes it complicated, but she continued insisting that it was not possible to close the file now. So I have to wait until no one knows, spring time maybe ..., when they start processing the applications. So how can I continue with the ITA? I'm confused. Don't know how to proceed. Please, advise me on this.

Alii2017, you said you were from June's applicants - had they already started processing your application?
Will you tell me to what address you sent them the letter to and what did you write in it? I think I may send them a letter as well, even though she said the above.
Just send a letter and explain you want to withdraw your application since you do not want to reside in Quebec any longer (and you do not qualify any longer either given the new pointing systems, if this applies to your situation). Include your accompanying fish from your Mon Projet account as well. They have not withdrawn my application but have acknowledged the receipt of my letter. When submitting eAPR I am going to explain that I have send my request to withdraw my application and include the receipt but if they have not withdrawn my application yet, that is not my fault.

RoseAndRosemary

Feb 11, 2016
Just send a letter and explain you want to withdraw your application since you do not want to reside in Quebec any longer (and you do not qualify any longer either given the new pointing systems, if this applies to your situation). Include your accompanying fish from your Mon Projet account as well. They have not withdrawn my application but have acknowledged the receipt of my letter. When submitting eAPR I am going to explain that I have send my request to withdraw my application and include the receipt but if they have not withdrawn my application yet, that is not my fault.
How did you sent the letter, I mean did you use a courier, or simply as registered letter?
Also how do they give acknowledgment that they received the letter?

ja_jamal

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
NOC Code......
I am also in the similar situation, but I dont see any problem in proceeding with Quebec CSQ and EE. I remember there is a question in EE PR application whether you have the CSQ, this should be NO unless you received it.

Reactions: Mjkab