25-11-2014
AOR Received.
24-01-2015/Aor2 27-02-2015
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Hi everybody.

do they consider me a Quebec resident, I a am born in Quebec, currently living outside the country, and we are planning to live in Quebec?
On the lists of docuemnts a few things are not asked for Quebec residents.
But on IMM5540 Q11 It says to provide proof of return to Canada, letter of parents?, job?... do I need to include that or not?

also I saw earlier in one of the forms proof of the current job I have, but I cannot find that statement anymore, do I need that?

thanks so much

fab

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.
25-11-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Please some help here. Thanks

Manoh

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
fab said:
Please some help here. Thanks
You are not a Quebec resident. A Quebec resident a someone is resides in the province of Quebec, officially u need proof this by showing you have a residential address in the province of Quebec, A tax return notice of assessment slip, pay slip, driver's license etc can be used.

fab

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.
25-11-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
anybody else could help me out here?

I have read different things here.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Pretty sure that you will need to act as a Québec resident if you are planning on settling in Québec. The PR will need a CSQ (certificat de sélection du Québec) to land in Québec and to obtain some services after landing. You will need to provide proof of your intent to settle in Québec in the future. CIC will want to see that you have a detailed plan. Write up what you intend to do, what you've done and will do to prepare to return to Québec. If you have family you can stay with, you can have them write a letter stating that you will be staying with them in Québec until you secure housing on your own. You can show that you have researched job opportunities or real estate in Québec.

The only real difference for Québec residents is the extra step (getting the CSQ, which you apply for after CIC gets your application and sends you a letter instructing you to apply for the CSQ) and I'm pretty sure you don't have to include the proof of income (think it's an Option C form from Revenue Canada, but I'm not sure that's the right name for the document others have to include) if you're applying through Québec.

I don't know about the proof of your current job. It's been almost two years since we sent off our app, and I can't remember what we had to include about hubby's employment (but it's simpler for us than some, because he's military...easy enough to show he's worked for the federal government since he was 19).

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
What visa office will you be applying through?

fab

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.
25-11-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Thanks so much QuebecOkie

It will be through Bogota, Colombia

on the documents checklist it says,if you are a quebec resident pass to number 21 so I would have to skip option C, proof of employment, proof of return....

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
fab said:
Thanks so much QuebecOkie

It will be through Bogota, Colombia

on the documents checklist it says,if you are a quebec resident pass to number 21 so I would have to skip option C, proof of employment, proof of return....
The point is if you are going to settle in Quebec or not (if you are going to become a Quebec resident). There have been people on these forums from other parts of Canada who settled in Quebec and vice versa.

You can skip over certain sections HOWEVER you will have to apply for a CSQ through the Quebec government. This means more forms and more cash to pay out.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Yeah, I've looked at the document checklist, and it definitely tells you to skip all of that. It certainly looks as though CIC doesn't require it. I've looked over the country-specific guide, as well, and there's nothing in there, either, about your plan to return.

As we filed inland through Québec, not outland, I don't know about the outland process. Perhaps Québec asks for proof of your intent to return when you apply for the CSQ? Not sure. Hopefully someone more familiar with the outland process through Québec will be able to help. *If I were in your position, I would still probably provide some information on your plan to return. It may not be necessary, but it may save you some time down the line if they already have what they need, instead of having to request it from you. You already have to put together proof of your relationship. Personally, I would add information about my future plans to the proof of relationship documentation. After putting together a timeline document to discuss the development and continuation of the relationship, I would add in a bit like, "We plan to live together at x address in x country until pr applicant is granted pr. Then we will be returning to Québec together. We will initially reside with my parents at x address (see letter documenting their offer to let us stay with them) while we search for housing in x city. I have searched x website and see a lot of job opportunities in my field. My spouse plans to continue her education and has familiarized herself with admission requirements at x university, where she will apply after receiving PR," etc. Just discussing your basic plan to make a life in Québec, how you plan to find work and support yourselves, how you plan to deal with housing, where you will live, showing you're familiar with the province and have given real thought to what you will do when you return.

Out of curiosity, how long did you reside in Québec, and how long have you been living abroad?

*Notice, I say this is what I would do in your position. I am NOT an immigration consultant, nor am I an expert. All I know is what I learned through my own experiences, and what I've learned from the experiences others have shared on this forum.

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
I applied outland. However, I was already established in Quebec.

The OP will need to fill out these forms: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/undertaking-application/kit-a.html

He will need to pay particular attention to: Undertaking Application form and Declaration of Sponsor Abroad form.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Okay, so that answers that. Stating that the sponsor plans to return is part of the Québec portion of the application. This part comes later, as you must include a letter from CIC with the Québec forms.

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Hi guys i need help on a lil matter i applied to cic got my approval letter then Applied for quebec selection which i received 3 days back can anyone tell me what next to do??? They didnt tell me what next to do...

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
fab said:
Hi everybody.

do they consider me a Quebec resident, I a am born in Quebec, currently living outside the country, and we are planning to live in Quebec?
On the lists of docuemnts a few things are not asked for Quebec residents.
But on IMM5540 Q11 It says to provide proof of return to Canada, letter of parents?, job?... do I need to include that or not?

also I saw earlier in one of the forms proof of the current job I have, but I cannot find that statement anymore, do I need that?

thanks so much
[/quote

Hi... Well i have applied As outland for my husband quebec selection both of us are currently living abroad... U do need to provide proff of ur intention. Of returning to canada as u havent been living there anymore... Like a job offer or searching for a home sumthing solid ... U can skip the option c aslong u intend to live in quebec but once u get ur cic approval u hav to apply for csq nd there also u hav to prove ur a quebec resident with ur quebec tax paper or ur licence or rentAl aggrement i aupose u hav none of those in that case u hav to file. Form in csq section of canadian living abroad where it state that once ur pRtner get pr u will b reaiding in quebec nd provide Ur prove of current address (where ever ur currently located)with either a phone bill or internet bill or from tax return if ur current country has that system

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Doc123 said:
Hi guys i need help on a lil matter i applied to cic got my approval letter then Applied for quebec selection which i received 3 days back can anyone tell me what next to do??? They didnt tell me what next to do...
They send you two copies. One for you, one *in case* you need to send it to CIC. They are also supposed to send a copy to CIC. So you don't have to do anything. Some people, knowing how inefficient CIC is, go ahead and send CIC their copy. I didn't, and CIC received their copy from MIDI (formerly MICC, Québec's immigration ministry) with no trouble.

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
QuebecOkie said:
They send you two copies. One for you, one *in case* you need to send it to CIC. They are also supposed to send a copy to CIC. So you don't have to do anything. Some people, knowing how inefficient CIC is, go ahead and send CIC their copy. I didn't, and CIC received their copy from MIDI (formerly MICC, Québec's immigration ministry) with no trouble.
Copy of what selection certificate?
I only received one copy nd it statea that cic has been informed of my quebec selection approval...
So what now i wait till the visa office contact me or my husband for further detail!?
Who will they contact anyway? Me the sponsor or my husband ?
And how will i know cic has been officially informed? Online there is no change in status or update