2012/11/21
Passport Req..
2014/04/15
VISA ISSUED...
2014/04/23
LANDED..........
2014/05/14
RICOLUNA said:
I have a foreign passport not lebanese, and when i sent it from here wa stucked in Emnlaam in Beirut more than 4 days!!!! Now when i get it back from embassy must again pass by emnlaam first and after to be sent, no way to reach me in 3 days :(
oh ok that was the same case happened with jaddaher too, your only way is to explain it to your new work, get a copy by email of your passport , and visa and your COPR, show them to your employer this should be fine until you get it back

kita7789

May 13, 2012
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
10/02/2015
Med's Done....
11/5/2016
Interview........
12/04/2012
Passport Req..
01/7/2016
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2106
RICOLUNA said:
Hello there,
NOW FOR EVERYONE THAT HAS SMALL KIDS, UNDER 4, and u wanna them to go to a day care...u should put them on a waiting list from now, as the daycares here are fullll...they have waiting list 1-2 years!!! Otherwise u register them in private ones if u find places and u pay 40-65 $ per day, after each month the goverment pays u back 75% depending on ur financial situation.
About schools no problem, any area has its schools, all Montreal is vvv nice, but is a real problem with furniture, as everething u buy no one will come to deliver it unless u pay or to ensamble it unless u pay as well and is costy! To put a tv on a wall stand they asked 200 $ :eek:....but u can arrange all this with the Concierge in ur building oir with the maintenance guy ..they ask for 15 $/hour, so is fine. Sure is better u buy ur own furniture.Here all appartments are with all kitchen equipment fridge, stove...each floor u have washing machines so no need to buy those, all have built-in wall closets.
How old are ur kids?
Bring no goods, just money, maybe if u have Persian rugs bring them here are vvv expensive, jewerly...otherwise u have everything here. There is a site a sow everyone here use it to buy stuff, they have really nice things from clothes to furniture and vvv good prices, is called BEYOND THE RACK.
To rent an apartment u can try Ville Marie, Notre Damme du Grace ( here is NDG),Cote du Neige , but is vvv important to be close to a Metro.
In kijiji.ca u find for rent.
Regards
many many thanks 4 ur replay my 3 kids r 6 ,9,11 years old

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
D1=10-AUG-2010; D2= 30-MAY-2012
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
Interview 22 MAY 2012 Istanbul CSQ RECEIVED
AOR Received.
D1 05.10.2010 / D2 06.06.2012
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
kita7789 said:
many many thanks 4 ur replay my 3 kids r 6 ,9,11 years old
Aa good for you than , they will go directly to school.Is a very easy process, when u get here u go to Ministery of Education there is a section for new immigrants, u take ur kids there and after they will let you know wich school around ur area they can go , one full year french after they enter normal class by age. So 10 years go grade 4, 11 grade 5...and so on... Good luck

kita7789

May 13, 2012
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
10/02/2015
Med's Done....
11/5/2016
Interview........
12/04/2012
Passport Req..
01/7/2016
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2106
RICOLUNA said:
Aa good for you than , they will go directly to school.Is a very easy process, when u get here u go to Ministery of Education there is a section for new immigrants, u take ur kids there and after they will let you know wich school around ur area they can go , one full year french after they enter normal class by age. So 10 years go grade 4, 11 grade 5...and so on... Good luck
thank u lady very much keep in touch

jadzz

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2012
Doc's Request.
12-09-2013
AOR Received.
JUNE 2012
Med's Request
12-09-13
Med's Done....
05-11-13
Interview........
EXEMPTED
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-14
LANDED..........
08-11-2014
RICOLUNA said:
I sent them by Aramex to my sister, they stayed in Emnlaam 4-5 days!!!! My husband had to go there and ask for them, otherwise they stayed maybe till now!!! When i get them back they have to go again to Emnlaam. U can send them to anyone u want take them and receive them back, u just complete a paper.
Regards,
Why it does not go directly to ur sister? Why Amn el 3am keep it with them?

mft25

May 13, 2012
Amman
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman - Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2010 2nd file 12-7-2012
Nomination.....
18-11-2011 short list email
AOR Received.
17-09-2010 2nd file 18-7-2012 with UCI number
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
04-03-2014 to Bucharest
Med's Request
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Interview........
04-07-2012 i got the CSQ
Passport Req..
20-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
3-07-2015
RICOLUNA said:
Hello everyone !!! Finally i got some time to write ...and let you know about my Canadian experience !
I decided to leave Beirut due the tension and ugly situation we had there and i came here on a visit visa, waiting for my PR. I got it after 3 -4 weeks...i sent my passports from here, and now waiting them back.
In those 4 weeks i applied for some jobs, in big companies, and in no days i had good offers as well as good positions.IS MANDATORY to know French and English, so use the time u have and learn FRENCH!!
I was surprised myself to find jobs so quickly, and in my field....sooo no one is like anyone else, each one has his experience here is re and his own luck.
I love Montreal, i loved it since i came visit last summer.
For me with 3 kids....and Beirut schools was awful.
Here they have a future and yes there is respect, are rules, you get promoted for what u are not for "wasta", it does not matter if you are black or white or...Jewish ..or Muslim...etc, all big Companies here are owned by Jewish and lots of Lebanese i know are General Managers in those Companies, so forget here about Lebanese mentality.
I wish i could post here some photos....i will give you small examples with things i never found in Lebanon:
- near my house there is a recreation center ( 2 skating arenas, swimming pool, tennis courts, soccer fields..etc)...the residents of the area pay 50 $ PER YEAR AND THEY HAVE FREE ACCESS with all your family..we are 5 !!!!! In Beirut if i wanted to take my kids on a sunday to the beach, i have to pay 200 $ there access plus lunch plus not to mention the terrible traffic !
- there is a library...amazing 4 floors, 1 only for kids with playing space , computers, u can take dvd s, games, movies, anything, all for free!!!
They have a special interior garden where u can relax with hundreds of flowers and a small lake with fish...tables where u sit for coffe...read..is really amazing ! And again free...
- parks, nature, playgrounds for kids
- bikes to rent everywhere
Really Montreal for me is such an amazing place to live !
I never ever lock the door with keys when i go out...!
Not to mention festivals, and plenty of activities i never found in Beirut.
Not to mention the advantages you have as a family with kids....might be different for singles i believe!
The weather ok is ....COLD...but i prefer cold and fresh air than the humidity and pollution and garbage in Beirut! or Gulf weather, or Saudia Arabia !
Ok...that's it in few lines my life here till now...now...pls I need your help...if there is anyone coming to Montreal by next week...pls pls i need my passport...if it will be sent by DHL won t reach before 5-6 days and i need it urgently for my job.
Thank you in advance, have a great week end and again French, French, French !
The best answer for lemans fears from Canada . thank you so much RICOLUNA for this information you are the best member in this forum .

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
D1=10-AUG-2010; D2= 30-MAY-2012
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
Interview 22 MAY 2012 Istanbul CSQ RECEIVED
AOR Received.
D1 05.10.2010 / D2 06.06.2012
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
jadzz said:
Why it does not go directly to ur sister? Why Amn el 3am keep it with them?
Yeah..is only in Lebanon...each passport u send by mail will pass through emnlaam. I belive for security reasons...don't know !

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mft25 said:
The best answer for lemans fears from Canada . thank you so much RICOLUNA for this information you are the best member in this forum .
These all doesn't impress me at all, its not what I am looking for :D your married ........... 8) I'm already enjoying these info mentioned above.

I care to make lot of money and buy a Porsche and date quebec blond ladies 8)

mft25

May 13, 2012
Amman
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman - Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2010 2nd file 12-7-2012
Nomination.....
18-11-2011 short list email
AOR Received.
17-09-2010 2nd file 18-7-2012 with UCI number
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
04-03-2014 to Bucharest
Med's Request
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Interview........
04-07-2012 i got the CSQ
Passport Req..
20-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
3-07-2015
lemans207 said:
These all doesn't impress me at all, its not what I am looking for :D your married ........... 8) I'm already enjoying these info mentioned above.

I care to make lot of money and buy a Porsche and date quebec blond ladies 8)
Enjoy it man you are free now .but you should believe that Canada is a right decision for best future either for you as singe or for families . in the end you will marry and what Ricoluna said will apply to you. the only problem you are facing now is that you have the dream job that everyone dream of and it is very hard for you to leave it . I advise you to get the permanent residence then postpone the step of leaving Abu Dhabi as long as you can . by law you can postpone it for 3 years but may be some lawyer can find you a way for more time . move to Canada when you believe that it is the right time
Regards

nab26

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
mft25 said:
Enjoy it man you are free now .but you should believe that Canada is a right decision for best future either for you as singe or for families . in the end you will marry and what Ricoluna said will apply to you. the only problem you are facing now is that you have the dream job that everyone dream of and it is very hard for you to leave it . I advise you to get the permanent residence then postpone the step of leaving Abu Dhabi as long as you can . by law you can postpone it for 3 years but may be some lawyer can find you a way for more time . move to Canada when you believe that it is the right time
Regards
Do you know a consultant or a lawyer that can help us in a similar case?

initial

Feb 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
With what kind of pen should we write our info on the back of foto? If stylo a billes is not allowed.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mft25 said:
Regards
I already bought one way ticket 8) decision taken, because if I will stay 2 or 3 more years my salary will be double and higher positions etc.
But I see members here have fake/impossible dreams... I will give examples and I am not talking about anyone here..

When you compare your country to canada lets say lebanon to canada, what do you think you have better for your family in canada,
In lebanon there are offical free schools, your kids in lebanon in good private schools, you take them to canada to offical schools //lower life value//
In lebanon you have DAMAN/insurance/ ministry of health, in canada you spend 20 hours waiting to see doctor
safety?? in canada lot of criminals too, people beg in streets, youll see it in montreal when you land.

another issue, if your a nurse what youll become in canada doctor? if you are a doctor what youll work other than doctor? if your an IT what youll be?
employee is employee everywhere, limited salary etc only business will make money...

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
i am agreed completly what leman said,u should know what r advantages that dont exist in ur country in order to find it in canada,i am a doctor,my profession will stay the medecin everywhere,in canada,in lebanon,in any country,employee is employee everywhere,do u think that u will become professor there??.guys,u should plan what doing there and save money as much as u can,do u think that there is a paradise? of course not,there r disadvantages too.
guys i advice u : you must be prepared for the worst in order to get the best.

initial

Feb 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
dr tarekk said:
i am agreed completly what leman said,u should know what r advantages that dont exist in ur country in order to find it in canada,i am a doctor,my profession will stay the medecin everywhere,in canada,in lebanon,in any country,employee is employee everywhere,do u think that u will become professor there??.guys,u should plan what doing there and save money as much as u can,do u think that there is a paradise? of course not,there r disadvantages too.
guys i advice u : you must be prepared for the worst in order to get the best.

a doctor in Lebanon or syria will not be a doctor in canada before going a long hard process.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
initial said:
a doctor in Lebanon or syria will not be a doctor in canada before going a long hard process.
you cant judge ppl education, because you have ppl graduate from europe and usa, education better than canada.
2nd point, to work as doctor in canada, there are international exams, you can take pass it in lebanon ;) and youll work as dr in canada.

Thats not the problem, even my friend engineer she went for writing the exam and come back...