Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
ashaa said:
Hello guys, where did you translate the Bac certificate for the
"Évaluation comparative des études effectuées hors du Québec"
they said the translator should be a member of the OTTIAQ !! even for the ones outside Quebec so what did you do?

thanks
don't worry , they will retranslated it there anyway and they will ask u to pay for the translation later. So u do the translation here with any certified translator.

ashaa

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
AOR Received.
22-July-2013
Med's Request
03-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
22-Oct-2013
Interview........
Waived
RICOLUNA said:
don't worry , they will retranslated it there anyway and they will ask u to pay for the translation later. So u do the translation here with any certified translator.
Thanks Ricoluna, one more question, do the copy of the Bac has to be a true copy?? because I showed the translator the original one and he photocopy it and translate the photocopy without been stamped by a true copy stamp.
so what do you suggest? Should I take it to ministry of education to stamp on the copy?

Patientman

Star Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
File to Quebec: 1111 - File to CIC: 1112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Quebec: 30-10-2010 / CIC: 4-11-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 14-10-2013
AOR Received.
CIC - 17-12-2013
Med's Request
6-2014
Med's Done....
25-7-2014
I've read this somewhere and thought that it may be interesting ... it talks about the process of conducting security clearance:

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

Cheers,
Patient

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patientman said:
I've read this somewhere and thought that it may be interesting ... it talks about the process of conducting security clearance:

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

Cheers,
Patient
don't believe them :D because Ive seen cases in abu dhabi visa office visas after 7 days from meds, and I know some1 after 3 weeks from meds :p

mft25

May 13, 2012
Amman
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman - Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2010 2nd file 12-7-2012
Nomination.....
18-11-2011 short list email
AOR Received.
17-09-2010 2nd file 18-7-2012 with UCI number
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
04-03-2014 to Bucharest
Med's Request
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Interview........
04-07-2012 i got the CSQ
Passport Req..
20-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
3-07-2015
Patientman said:
Gents,
I sent my application to CIC in Sydney including the CSQ but excluding some of the Police Clearances as I had to collect from 6 countries (which is a project by itself). The file was received on November 9... In about a week's time, I will have the complete set of police clearances required.

Should I send these to the CIC office in Sydney or keep them with me till the Embassy in Abu Dhabi request them?

What do you think?

Cheers,
Patient
hi patient
It advise you to send them directly to your VO after you receive your file number and this is exactly what happened with me . sure you should send on separate paper your full info with file number ,uci number , your birth day , full name and small explanation about the updates. when I did my caps notes I saw in the updates that they received them and saved in my file
regards

danyboy

Star Member
May 17, 2013
mount lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
8-2013
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Interview........
4-2013
ashaa said:
Thanks Ricoluna, one more question, do the copy of the Bac has to be a true copy?? because I showed the translator the original one and he photocopy it and translate the photocopy without been stamped by a true copy stamp.
so what do you suggest? Should I take it to ministry of education to stamp on the copy?
yes it has to be a certified true copy, and u can check
a list of certified translators on the official website

Patientman

Star Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
CSQ 14-10-2013
AOR Received.
CIC - 17-12-2013
Med's Request
6-2014
Med's Done....
25-7-2014
Thanks for the advise.

I have some updates. My Federal application was received on November 9, 2013 to CIO in Sydney and on December 19, 2013 I got my AOR indicating that my application is complete and that it has been transferred to respective VO office.

Now, I went to check the status of my application online and here's what I got:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet.

First, I got the AOR in exactly 40 days instead of 60+ - I wonder how would this impact overall processing of applications? Second, when will I be able to obtain updates online? Is it once VO start processing the application?

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patientman said:
Thanks for the advise.

I have some updates. My Federal application was received on November 9, 2013 to CIO in Sydney and on December 19, 2013 I got my AOR indicating that my application is complete and that it has been transferred to respective VO office.

Now, I went to check the status of my application online and here's what I got:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet.

First, I got the AOR in exactly 40 days instead of 60+ - I wonder how would this impact overall processing of applications? Second, when will I be able to obtain updates online? Is it once VO start processing the application?
you'll b able to view it after 2 weeks, I heard updates only every Tuesday but mine was updated Saturday morning.
now 40 days maybe no more federal files received. ur fill will be transferred and received in abudhabi after 25 days then count 180 days maximum for meds.
ppl who lived in 3 different countries their visa taking 4 months minimum

raffayelaa

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
Hi Patientman,

You confused me you said you receive the VO on 19 december 2013, we are 18 today :eek: :eek:

my file was received by CIO on 7th October 2013 and sent me the file number number on 18 November, 2013 and now waiting for VO and the medicals hope get them sooooooooooooooooooon.

Any one has same case,plz advise.

Merci

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
D1=10-AUG-2010; D2= 30-MAY-2012
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
Interview 22 MAY 2012 Istanbul CSQ RECEIVED
AOR Received.
D1 05.10.2010 / D2 06.06.2012
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
ashaa said:
As far as i know they do not accept copies, they wanna see the original, after they keep a copy of it and return the originals back to u, but take good care as all my diplomas were lost this way ! The problem is that they send all the papers by regular mail...and they never reach here in Lebanon !!! So is better if u have someone in Canada or in a civilized country and us their address as corespondence address, otherwise u will never know what's going on. They sent me a second letter too asking for the translation fees...and i never get it !!! Finally i had to contact them by phone and see what's going on. I did't know even that my original diplomas were sent back to me .....i never get them back !!! Good luck

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
D1=10-AUG-2010; D2= 30-MAY-2012
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
Interview 22 MAY 2012 Istanbul CSQ RECEIVED
AOR Received.
D1 05.10.2010 / D2 06.06.2012
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
ashaa said:
"Les copies certifiées conformes des documents scolaires sont privilégiées. Le format « copie certifiée conforme » est une copie ou une photocopie d'un document dont la conformité à l'original est certifiée, soit par :

L'établissement dépositaire de l'original;
Une autorité légale, du pays de délivrance du document, reconnue pour certifier la conformité des documents.
Les documents originaux sont également acceptés."

SO YES IT SHOULD BE CERTIFIED AS TRUE AND IN THIS CASE U LL HAVE TO TRANSLATE IT AGAIN, AND LET THE TRANSLATOR ADD THAT IS A CERTIFIED TRUE COPY IN CASE THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION STAMP IS IN ARABIC.

ashaa

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
AOR Received.
22-July-2013
Med's Request
03-Oct-2013
Med's Done....
22-Oct-2013
Interview........
Waived
danyboy said:
RICOLUNA said:
"Les copies certifiées conformes des documents scolaires sont privilégiées. Le format « copie certifiée conforme » est une copie ou une photocopie d'un document dont la conformité à l'original est certifiée, soit par :

L'établissement dépositaire de l'original;
Une autorité légale, du pays de délivrance du document, reconnue pour certifier la conformité des documents.
Les documents originaux sont également acceptés."

SO YES IT SHOULD BE CERTIFIED AS TRUE AND IN THIS CASE U LL HAVE TO TRANSLATE IT AGAIN, AND LET THE TRANSLATOR ADD THAT IS A CERTIFIED TRUE COPY IN CASE THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION STAMP IS IN ARABIC.
Thank you both for sharing the information, I'll send only confirmed copies, I'll not take a risk and send the originals especially when a degree of them obtained from France so acquiring another one will cause me a headache.
Soon I'll send the copies and I'll hope for the best.
Today I sat with a friend of mine who landed last week and came back, he is very satisfied of what he saw there and he insure that it is worth waiting for.

Patientman

Star Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
CSQ 14-10-2013
AOR Received.
CIC - 17-12-2013
Med's Request
6-2014
Med's Done....
25-7-2014
raffayelaa said:
Hi Patientman,

You confused me you said you receive the VO on 19 december 2013, we are 18 today :eek: :eek:

my file was received by CIO on 7th October 2013 and sent me the file number number on 18 November, 2013 and now waiting for VO and the medicals hope get them sooooooooooooooooooon.

Any one has same case,plz advise.

Merci
Sorry rafayella... File received by CIC on November 9 - AOR sent to me on Nov 18! Now it's clear i guess ; )

cherif2100

Mar 1, 2012
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2011/11/21
Doc's Request.
2012 / 07 /10
Nomination.....
2012/10/ 06
AOR Received.
2012 /12 / 19
File Transfer...
2013 to bucharest
Med's Request
2013/09/24
Med's Done....
27-SEP-2013 // in process 9 Nov
Interview........
2012/11/21
Passport Req..
2014/04/15
VISA ISSUED...
2014/04/23
LANDED..........
2014/05/14
danyboy said:
how much does the evaluation of studies take time? i submitted my file in march or april 2013, received two mails saying to keep waiting, i would study and graduate in there and still the evaluation not done!

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cherif2100 said:
how much does the evaluation of studies take time? i submitted my file in march or april 2013, received two mails saying to keep waiting, i would study and graduate in there and still the evaluation not done!
mine took 18 months :D
but mine applied long ago, now its faster depends how lucky you are,