08-07-2013
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
dkeyrouz said:
what is the difference between the background check and the security check isn't the same
this was posted before:

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

dkeyrouz

Aug 24, 2011
it means that it doesn't show medical received in the last line only if everything was good
and just waiting for the ppr
right ?

csaade

Mar 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Beirut/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-10-2010 CSQ
AOR Received.
24-1-2011 Federal
Med's Request
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
dkeyrouz said:
it means that it doesn't show medical received in the last line only if everything was good
and just waiting for the ppr
right ?
Not necessarily... Some ppl did their medical before me and knew from the CAIPS notes that everything is ok with their medical but the e-cas doesn't even show "medical results have been received". On my e-cas it showed after a week.
It takes time for them to analyze the results in France or UK and then send them to Ottawa.
I knew from the mp that my medical results are good, not from the e-cas

Moon.82

Feb 24, 2012
csaade said:
Not necessarily... Some ppl did their medical before me and knew from the CAIPS notes that everything is ok with their medical but the e-cas doesn't even show "medical results have been received". On my e-cas it showed after a week.
It takes time for them to analyze the results in France or UK and then send them to Ottawa.
I knew from the mp that my medical results are good, not from the e-cas
Csaade
when u will have a new update from your mp?!
hope that we will get our ppr in this coming month! lets pray for it

csaade

Mar 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Beirut/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-10-2010 CSQ
AOR Received.
24-1-2011 Federal
Med's Request
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
Moon.82 said:
Csaade
when u will have a new update from your mp?!
hope that we will get our ppr in this coming month! lets pray for it
The next update is supposed to be by mid December. I'm leaving to Ottawa by the end of November so I'll try to get updates on the spot from his office...
It states everywhere that the wait is usually 6 months after medical but what confuses us is what the embassy mentioned in the email about not contacting them before 8 months. The deadline to receive the ppr is by mid December or else it will stall till after New Years...
I really wonder why you haven't heard anything yet... November is here so let's hope things start moving faster

Moon.82

Feb 24, 2012
csaade said:
The next update is supposed to be by mid December. I'm leaving to Ottawa by the end of November so I'll try to get updates on the spot from his office...
It states everywhere that the wait is usually 6 months after medical but what confuses us is what the embassy mentioned in the email about not contacting them before 8 months. The deadline to receive the ppr is by mid December or else it will stall till after New Years...
I really wonder why you haven't heard anything yet... November is here so let's hope things start moving faster
so desperate from this waiting
especially in this bad situations in Tripoli!! bombs, clashes, sniping...
this wait killing me really

drali

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
jemesouviens said:
in the last email i received from Amman office ( concerning updating docs and requesting police certificate), they say PPR could take up to 6 months form the medical exam.
I hope so, but frequently they do not respond to mails, and if returned, they do not write general informations only informations about your file.
any way, can you share this mail please, because iam without medical since may 2011

EmYuzarsif

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Nomination.....
CSQ June 2012
AOR Received.
Federal July 2012
Med's Request
24 September 2014
Med's Done....
7 October 2014
Passport Req..
14 Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
20 Nov 2014
LANDED..........
inshallah Feb 2015
There's a form you need to fill out and sign granting him permission to submit this on your behalf. So just scan it back to him. He will also need 1 piece of ID, like a driver liscense to prove he's a Canadian citizen and a credit card to make the $5 payment. He will then upload everything to the online form. It takes about 30 days to receive the notes. I've done this 3 times so far.
[/quote]. Where do I find the form to sign granting him the permission to submit it on my behalf... Thanks Canadian citizen

Canadian_Citizen

Aug 24, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Beirut/Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/11/2009 for CSQ
Doc's Request.
April 24, 2013
Nomination.....
03/31/2010 Received CSQ
AOR Received.
Federal May 6,2010
Med's Request
April 24, 2013
Med's Done....
May 27, 2013
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
March 3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2014
LANDED..........
March 28, 2014
EmYuzarsif said:
There's a form you need to fill out and sign granting him permission to submit this on your behalf. So just scan it back to him. He will also need 1 piece of ID, like a driver liscense to prove he's a Canadian citizen and a credit card to make the $5 payment. He will then upload everything to the online form. It takes about 30 days to receive the notes. I've done this 3 times so far.
. Where do I find the form to sign granting him the permission to submit it on my behalf... Thanks Canadian citizen
Here you go!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

EmYuzarsif

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Nomination.....
CSQ June 2012
AOR Received.
Federal July 2012
Med's Request
24 September 2014
Med's Done....
7 October 2014
Passport Req..
14 Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
20 Nov 2014
LANDED..........
inshallah Feb 2015
Thanks a lot canadian citizen.... Why does my e-case page closes once it is opened,,, I mean in seconds..has anyone encountered such thing??!!

anthonylb

Apr 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EmYuzarsif said:
Thanks a lot canadian citizen.... Why does my e-case page closes once it is opened,,, I mean in seconds..has anyone encountered such thing??!!
Why did you edit your msg!? :p

EmYuzarsif

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Nomination.....
CSQ June 2012
AOR Received.
Federal July 2012
Med's Request
24 September 2014
Med's Done....
7 October 2014
Passport Req..
14 Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
20 Nov 2014
LANDED..........
inshallah Feb 2015
Hahaha coz I don't know if iam addressing a woman or a man :D

Canadian_Citizen

Aug 24, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Beirut/Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/11/2009 for CSQ
Doc's Request.
April 24, 2013
Nomination.....
03/31/2010 Received CSQ
AOR Received.
Federal May 6,2010
Med's Request
April 24, 2013
Med's Done....
May 27, 2013
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
March 3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2014
LANDED..........
March 28, 2014
EmYuzarsif said:
Hahaha coz I don't know if iam addressing a woman or a man :D
Woman :)...what message?

As for your e-cas closing, not sure, maybe it's your browser.