+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec - Adding Spouse, sharing experience

unlimitedsmartness

Jan 13, 2013
jin114 said:
I got married my son's mother one month before i received the CSQ for me and my son. However 3 days before the CSQ came out, I have sent an email to BIQ informing them that i got married but my wife will not make the first landing with me. I have no reply from them. I mailed them a letter with the copy of the marriage certificate asking what is the process even though my wife won't accompany, they never reply. Now i have the CSQ with me valid for 3 years, i don't want to send my application to CIC until i get a reply from BIQ. I am thinking of filling an application for my wife, paying the fees and send them to BIQ even though she will not accompany in the 1st landing to canada. Please any advice is welcome.
UPDATE THE FILE WITH ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND FEES , HOWEVER SOMETIMES REPLYING E-MAILS DELAYING DUE TO OVERLOADED PROCESS .

unlimitedsmartness

Jan 13, 2013

According to the government, new laws to curb immigration through fraudulent marriages will go into effect next year. The new regulation will impose a two year period of conditional residency on foreign sponsored spouse. Spouses who have emigrated to Canada will not be able to themselves sponsor an overseas spouse for five years.

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
unlimitedsmartness said:

According to the government, new laws to curb immigration through fraudulent marriages will go into effect next year. The new regulation will impose a two year period of conditional residency on foreign sponsored spouse. Spouses who have emigrated to Canada will not be able to themselves sponsor an overseas spouse for five years.
Hello Unlimitedsmartness
Please let it be understood that they are refering to "MARRIAGE SCAM" and stuff....If your marriage is genuine
you dont have problem. But if after getting the PR and you divorce then there is a problem. This is a another GOOD WAY
to keep a real marriage together for some people who would have lied to get into Canada and spoil other real people
chances!!!

unlimitedsmartness

Jan 13, 2013
xse2573 said:
Hello Unlimitedsmartness
Please let it be understood that they are refering to "MARRIAGE SCAM" and stuff....If your marriage is genuine
you dont have problem. But if after getting the PR and you divorce then there is a problem. This is a another GOOD WAY
to keep a real marriage together for some people who would have lied to get into Canada and spoil other real people
chances!!!
dear XSE

the whole news is

Canadian Immigration Minister Jason Kenney announced this week Canada's plans to target marriage fraud among immigrants.

According to newly released documents, Canada's border agency has opened more than three dozen criminal investigations related to marriage fraud in the last few years.

"The most effective tool is to stop fraudulent marriages from being approved in the first place because they are so hard to deal with once the person is admitted into Canada. We will continue to be very vigilant. It's difficult, we want to let the legitimate married couples in but keep the fake ones out and that's what our officers are trained to do," said Kenney.

According to Kenney some overseas spouses have married Canadians simply to gain immigration benefits to Canada. Once in Canada some foreign spouses leave their Canadian spouse. There have even been cases of mistreatment of Canadian spouses by overseas spouses.

"If you come in as a sponsored spouse and become a permanent resident and then divorce your Canadian husband or wife, you will not be able to turn around and sponsor someone from overseas," Kenney said.

It is believed that a large number of these 'fake' spousal sponsorship visa applications come from China and India. Recently, a large number of applications from China were rejected.

"Canadians were being paid up to $60,000 by criminal organizations, to sponsor Chinese citizens they had never met and we started interviewing these applicants and we found out they knew nothing about the spouse and they had no consistent story or proof of relationship," said Kenney.

While it is common in South Asian countries for marriages to be arranged by families and a couple may not know very much about each other until after the marriage, Kenney noted that officials are specially trained to make an assessment of such situations.

"We know that in many cultures and religions it's conventional to have an arranged marriage, and our officers approve bona fide arranged marriages all the time. But if it looks like the marriage was not arranged for family, for the purpose of living together, then we will reject the application. So the test is whether the marriage is legitimate or whether it is just done for immigration purposes," he said.

so the role now is clear FOR ALL MARIAGES :
they will no allow any one one who didn't entre untill the date they will not be able also till five years passing >
the chinise and indian files should be more carefull >
all that for spouses' sponsers only else other employment or partnership ... etc not easy so

the conclusion right now is the best fit on the file life time to get mary is before the interview right after after the CSQ issue maximum before PR issue

SENIORS PLEASE MENTION IF AM WRONG ...

WISHING YOU ALL THE GOOD LUCK BROTHER / SISTER .GOD BLESS

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
unlimitedsmartness said:
dear XSE

the whole news is

Canadian Immigration Minister Jason Kenney announced this week Canada's plans to target marriage fraud among immigrants.

According to newly released documents, Canada's border agency has opened more than three dozen criminal investigations related to marriage fraud in the last few years.

"The most effective tool is to stop fraudulent marriages from being approved in the first place because they are so hard to deal with once the person is admitted into Canada. We will continue to be very vigilant. It's difficult, we want to let the legitimate married couples in but keep the fake ones out and that's what our officers are trained to do," said Kenney.

According to Kenney some overseas spouses have married Canadians simply to gain immigration benefits to Canada. Once in Canada some foreign spouses leave their Canadian spouse. There have even been cases of mistreatment of Canadian spouses by overseas spouses.

"If you come in as a sponsored spouse and become a permanent resident and then divorce your Canadian husband or wife, you will not be able to turn around and sponsor someone from overseas," Kenney said.

It is believed that a large number of these 'fake' spousal sponsorship visa applications come from China and India. Recently, a large number of applications from China were rejected.

"Canadians were being paid up to $60,000 by criminal organizations, to sponsor Chinese citizens they had never met and we started interviewing these applicants and we found out they knew nothing about the spouse and they had no consistent story or proof of relationship," said Kenney.

While it is common in South Asian countries for marriages to be arranged by families and a couple may not know very much about each other until after the marriage, Kenney noted that officials are specially trained to make an assessment of such situations.

"We know that in many cultures and religions it's conventional to have an arranged marriage, and our officers approve bona fide arranged marriages all the time. But if it looks like the marriage was not arranged for family, for the purpose of living together, then we will reject the application. So the test is whether the marriage is legitimate or whether it is just done for immigration purposes," he said.

so the role now is clear FOR ALL MARIAGES :
they will no allow any one who had enter before the date to bring his / her spouse at least after passing two years >
and any one who didn't entre untill the date they will not be able also till five years passing >
the chinise and indian files should be more carefull >
all that for spouses' sponsers only else other employment or partnership ... etc not easy so

the conclusion right now is the best fit on the file life time to get mary is before the interview right after after the CSQ issue maximum before PR issue

SENIORS PLEASE MENTION IF AM WRONG ...

WISHING YOU ALL THE GOOD LUCK BROTHER / SISTER .GOD BLESS
We are both saying the same thing...if the marriage is found out to be FALSE....TROUBLE!!!
But if it is REAL , no immigration law on the surface of earth will say you can not have your
family together!!!
Immigration Laws are not to keep families apart, it is some people who have damage these good process!!!

unlimitedsmartness

Jan 13, 2013
xse2573 said:
We are both saying the same thing...if the marriage is found out to be FALSE....TROUBLE!!!
But if it is REAL , no immigration law on the surface of earth will say you can not have your
family together!!!
Immigration Laws are not to keep families apart, it is some people who have damage these good process!!!
YES DEAR BUT THAT NEW LAWS I THINK BEEN TAKEN FROM AUSTURALIAN LAW FOR FAMILY OVERSEAS WHICH MENTION THAT YOU HAVE TO STAY TWO YEARS OUT OF THE STATE BEFORE ENTRING , HOWEVER THEY BUT THAT LONG TIME TO AVOID A LOT OF THINGS IF IT'S REAL THEY HAVE NO PROBLEM WAITING EITHER IF IT'S FAKE THEY WOULDN'T ACCEPT WAITING BUT THE REAL PROBLEM FACING NOW THE FIVE YEARS WAITING CONDITION FOR SPOUSES' SPONSERSHIPS .. AM SEARCHING AND CONTACTING SOME LAWYERS TO GET THE REAL ACT STATEMENT AND THE CLAUSE WHICH INCLUDE VERIFYING THAT .. THAT'S CAUSE SOME PEOPLE KNOW THAT THEIR PARTNER WHOULD BE ABLE TO GETTING QSWC , PNPC .. ETC SO THEY THINK THEY SKIPPING THAT AND BY THE WAY THEY CANADIAN GOV. AVOID ENTRING FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT QUALIFIED ( LANGUAGE KNOWLEDGE , EDUCATION AND OTHER ISSUES ..ETC ) WHICH SOME IMMEGRANT DEPENDING ON THE SPONSERSHIP SYSTEM SKIPPING THE RULES BY A WEAK PARTNER WHO NOT FITTING CANADIAN IMMIGRATION PROCESSES

WISHING ALL THE BEST FOR YOU AND ALL THE OTHERS HERE

SENIORS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ANYTIME FOR ALL BENIFIT

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
unlimitedsmartness said:
YES DEAR BUT THAT NEW LAWS I THINK BEEN TAKEN FROM AUSTURALIAN LAW FOR FAMILY OVERSEAS WHICH MENTION THAT YOU HAVE TO STAY TWO YEARS OUT OF THE STATE BEFORE ENTRING , HOWEVER THEY BUT THAT LONG TIME TO AVOID A LOT OF THINGS IF IT'S REAL THEY HAVE NO PROBLEM WAITING EITHER IF IT'S FAKE THEY WOULDN'T ACCEPT WAITING BUT THE REAL PROBLEM FACING NOW THE FIVE YEARS WAITING CONDITION FOR SPOUSES' SPONSERSHIPS .. AM SEARCHING AND CONTACTING SOME LAWYERS TO GET THE REAL ACT STATEMENT AND THE CLAUSE WHICH INCLUDE VERIFYING THAT .. THAT'S CAUSE SOME PEOPLE KNOW THAT THEIR PARTNER WHOULD BE ABLE TO GETTING QSWC , PNPC .. ETC SO THEY THINK THEY SKIPPING THAT AND BY THE WAY THEY CANADIAN GOV. AVOID ENTRING FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT QUALIFIED ( LANGUAGE KNOWLEDGE , EDUCATION AND OTHER ISSUES ..ETC ) WHICH SOME IMMEGRANT DEPENDING ON THE SPONSERSHIP SYSTEM SKIPPING THE RULES BY A WEAK PARTNER WHO NOT FITTING CANADIAN IMMIGRATION PROCESSES

WISHING ALL THE BEST FOR YOU AND ALL THE OTHERS HERE

SENIORS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ANYTIME FOR ALL BENIFIT
The 5-years clause is ...if you were sponsored by your spouse and you later divorce, and want to RE-MARRY
another person, you CAN NOT DO THAT until after 5-YEARS!!!...That is what they mearnt!!!

unlimitedsmartness

Jan 13, 2013

K. WORDS DIDN'T DEFINE ANY ( HE STATED SPOUSES WHO HAVE AS A SINLE HE MEAN ) SO PLEASE DEAR IF YOU GOT THE NAME OF THE LAW , CLAUSE AND ACT NUMBER THAT WOULD BE GREAT CAUSE AM APART OF SUCH TRICK ...

SOONER I'LL CONTACT SOME FRIENDS IN MONTREAL NOW TO CHECK THAT .

GOD HELP US

THANKS

sukip

Jun 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
AOR Received.
07-11-2013
Med's Request
20-12-2013
Med's Done....
28-12-2013
LANDED..........
Already Living in Canada
i am in montreal working and got my csq before wedding and trying to add my husband to csq and sent the necessary documents to immigration-quebec. How long does it take?
did anyone else face this?
PLEASE REPLY. i have to apply work permit if it takes late.
SOmeoneeeeeeeeeee reply!

ledoux

Sep 20, 2012
Moon.82 said:
Xse
i didnt understand by the priority list during CSQ stage, the first csq i took it durind 3 months without an interview and the second one the same! they asked me to send the old one and once i send it they transfeer the new one for me and my husband!
my CNP: Consultant in social work because i had 7 years experience in this field! and for federal part yes my money it's cashed
I have just read all posts and I think you can help me. Please can you give link how to contact BIQ to add my wife on CSQ and I don't have any clue, I have got married last March but I didn't know that I have to update BIQ as well. I did inform only my visa center (LVO), right now I am very confused and very sad :( :( because my wife and I we have done everything regarding to federal part (Medical exams, visa fee paid) but today I received a mail asking me to send my wife CSQ, I was speechless :eek: :eek: :eek:
Besides, I was given 60 days :eek: :eek:

I look forward to reading from you!!

Many Thanks

ledoux

Sep 20, 2012
unlimitedsmartness said:

K. WORDS DIDN'T DEFINE ANY ( HE STATED SPOUSES WHO HAVE AS A SINLE HE MEAN ) SO PLEASE DEAR IF YOU GOT THE NAME OF THE LAW , CLAUSE AND ACT NUMBER THAT WOULD BE GREAT CAUSE AM APART OF SUCH TRICK ...

SOONER I'LL CONTACT SOME FRIENDS IN MONTREAL NOW TO CHECK THAT .

GOD HELP US

THANKS

I have just read all posts and I think you can help me. Please can you give link how to contact BIQ to add my wife on CSQ and I don't have any clue, I have got married last March but I didn't know that I have to update BIQ as well. I did inform only my visa center (LVO), right now I am very confused and very sad Sad Sad because my wife and I we have done everything regarding to federal part (Medical exams, visa fee paid) but today I received a mail asking me to send my wife CSQ, I was speechless Shocked Shocked Shocked
Besides, I was given 60 days Shocked Shocked

Many Thanks

ledoux

Sep 20, 2012
jessica.c said:
hello everybody

thank you very much for your answers...

what i mean by the change of laws is the quota and the categories which showed up at the beginning of the year...

what i want to know is if we will concern by these even though my application as single what sent in 2010 and i got the csq directly this year :D I have already send my federal application.

in any ways am getting married ;D and will inform both BIQ and CIC :D I only hope that my futur husband gets his csq :D

i have already contacted the BIQ and the CIC. Both replied me and give me the steps i have to follow.. ;)

thank you once again :D hope there will not be shortage of points :)

I have just read all posts and I think you can help me. Please can you give link how to contact BIQ to add my wife on CSQ and I don't have any clue, I have got married last March but I didn't know that I have to update BIQ as well. I did inform only my visa center (LVO), right now I am very confused and very sad Sad Sad because my wife and I we have done everything regarding to federal part (Medical exams, visa fee paid) but today I received a mail asking me to send my wife CSQ, I was speechless Shocked Shocked Shocked
Besides, I was given 60 days Shocked Shocked

Many Thanks

Blue.A

Jul 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone

I read all your post, but no one says after getting the CSQ and later got married,then what happened with your application?
Will they revaluate the Application ? what if the points were less than 63 (60 for example), will they reject the file?
is there any new interview?
I got my CSQ and i want to get married.
Please only who are sure and have same case to answer and share experiance.

Thanks