2014/04/15
VISA ISSUED...
2014/04/23
LANDED..........
2014/05/14
lemans207 said:
charif watch that youtube video
and youll get your medical soon, wont take as b4
i have seen some of those videos, actually that doesnt reflect all immigrants opinions, you have more than 250 000 persons enter canada each year, it is pretty normal to have some disappointed ppl, but it still all count on why are you going there, and what are your plans there..

waiting for CAIPS notes this month, i am expecting to see a waiting list till 2015!

alinec

Aug 9, 2012
lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
2010 from damascus
Med's Request
26 september 2011- remeds 25 february 2013
Med's Done....
remeds 8 march 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st request: november 2011 // second request: 26th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
first issue january 2012- SECOND ISSUE 22 AUGUST 2013
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
cherif2100 said:
i have seen some of those videos, actually that doesnt reflect all immigrants opinions, you have more than 250 000 persons enter canada each year, it is pretty normal to have some disappointed ppl, but it still all count on why are you going there, and what are your plans there..

waiting for CAIPS notes this month, i am expecting to see a waiting list till 2015!
exactly, they promised them work they landed and suddenly found that they cannot work in their field? sorry but it is well known that you need to do re-assess your degree and you should take in consideration that you might not start working at the same position .. people wants easy stuff .. networking networking is the key .
you need also to reinvent to yourself in order to convince employers that you can deliver .. if i was a business owner in canada thats i will look for.. i am not surprised that they dnt employ immigrants actually i understand them completely. You need to employ people who can deliver especially if you are going to pay them like what 60-70k per year.. you wont employ someone who barely speak english or don't know canadian work ethics/culture

Ahmad K.

Oct 3, 2011
Khobar - KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
NR
Nomination.....
waiting
I heard a lot of arguments about moving to canada, and its really strange when it comes from those who are applying to immigrate there what makes them in a big contradiction.

The idea is that most of those who apply for immigrating to canada assumes that they are supposed to arrive to the paradise where no more effort is required to get the desired life, thats why as soon as they arrive there without a realistic plan for the transition stage they fail to link to the job market and accept any available work even that is not related to their main profession in order to survive there.

the fact is that Canada is nothing but a country with an economy considered from the 10 most stable ones in the world with a relatively low population what makes it crave for more professional young people to expand on the wild spread lands lacking for Canadians from one side and to enhance and develop this stable economy.

In a simple similitude, consider it as a successful company that has a lot of projects waiting to be executed what makes it accepting new employees to expand its works, but still this has nothing to do with the idea that u are an engineer for example but didn't prove that u r qualified to do this job what let u work as a normal labor. For the company u still beneficial as u r filling a vacancy and doing a required duty and get paid relative to this job, but its ur role to convince them that u r eligible to PULL OUT an engineer vacancy and here comes the effort recommended from ur side.

In my case I was totally aware with the difficulty to get a job in my profession before applying, and I think its logical as the competition with the citizens who got their education there as well their training and experience according to the country standards, won't be that easy. First I have to equalize my chances with them by evaluating my degree getting any recommended courses, or even get a higher degree in a canadian university, get sufficient training in the canadian industry even if it is not paid. For me it worth to spend three years or more for that, and then I can argue about not getting my opportunity (and I doubt that anyone won't get his chance after doing all that otherwise there would be contradiction with the stability and development of the economy)

I advise those who are not ready for this idea yet, to think about this step again otherwise I guarantee for them that they won't find a job in canada.

cherif2100

Mar 1, 2012
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2011/11/21
Doc's Request.
2012 / 07 /10
Nomination.....
2012/10/ 06
AOR Received.
2012 /12 / 19
File Transfer...
2013 to bucharest
Med's Request
2013/09/24
Med's Done....
27-SEP-2013 // in process 9 Nov
Interview........
2012/11/21
Passport Req..
2014/04/15
VISA ISSUED...
2014/04/23
LANDED..........
2014/05/14
Ahmad K. said:
I heard a lot of arguments about moving to canada, and its really strange when it comes from those who are applying to immigrate there what makes them in a big contradiction.

The idea is that most of those who apply for immigrating to canada assumes that they are supposed to arrive to the paradise where no more effort is required to get the desired life, thats why as soon as they arrive there without a realistic plan for the transition stage they fail to link to the job market and accept any available work even that is not related to their main profession in order to survive there.

the fact is that Canada is nothing but a country with an economy considered from the 10 most stable ones in the world with a relatively low population what makes it crave for more professional young people to expand on the wild spread lands lacking for Canadians from one side and to enhance and develop this stable economy.

In a simple similitude, consider it as a successful company that has a lot of projects waiting to be executed what makes it accepting new employees to expand its works, but still this has nothing to do with the idea that u are an engineer for example but didn't prove that u r qualified to do this job what let u work as a normal labor. For the company u still beneficial as u r filling a vacancy and doing a required duty and get paid relative to this job, but its ur role to convince them that u r eligible to PULL OUT an engineer vacancy and here comes the effort recommended from ur side.

In my case I was totally aware with the difficulty to get a job in my profession before applying, and I think its logical as the competition with the citizens who got their education there as well their training and experience according to the country standards, won't be that easy. First I have to equalize my chances with them by evaluating my degree getting any recommended courses, or even get a higher degree in a canadian university, get sufficient training in the canadian industry even if it is not paid. For me it worth to spend three years or more for that, and then I can argue about not getting my opportunity (and I doubt that anyone won't get his chance after doing all that otherwise there would be contradiction with the stability and development of the economy)

I advise those who are not ready for this idea yet, to think about this step again otherwise I guarantee for them that they won't find a job in canada.

i agree with you ahmad, but i am one of ppl who applied for immigration and expect things to happen in 1-2 years as i was told a fast track file by domain! my plans was to have my studies and higher degrees in there, but after you now spend 5-7 years only waiting your visa, what enthousiam you will have yet? you will start thinking about your age, if at 30's one want to start from the zero then when to save some money? and when to start planning for a family? the real problem about canada is not finding work or getting into the community faster, but actually the time we are waiting to get our visas we could use it to perfect ourselves in there!

Ahmad K.

Oct 3, 2011
Khobar - KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
NR
Nomination.....
waiting
cherif2100 said:
i agree with you ahmad, but i am one of ppl who applied for immigration and expect things to happen in 1-2 years as i was told a fast track file by domain! my plans was to have my studies and higher degrees in there, but after you now spend 5-7 years only waiting your visa, what enthousiam you will have yet? you will start thinking about your age, if at 30's one want to start from the zero then when to save some money? and when to start planning for a family? the real problem about canada is not finding work or getting into the community faster, but actually the time we are waiting to get our visas we could use it to perfect ourselves in there!
yes cherif u r right, thats why in my first reply I said .. that it deserves depending on age

all of us were disappointed by the long delay in the processing .. but for me if u r confident about ur plans .. u will try to benefit from these years while u r waiting by saving more money that will support u more throughout the first 2 3 years there .. and regarding the age .. spending these 3 years while we are in 20's or in 30's .. they still 3 years .. the idea is about having enough resources to avoid interrupting the track of our personal life during that 3 years.

in the other hand .. i believe that it won't take 3 years .. specially if the one was making enough effort with solid will and aspiration .. but it is always better to consider the worst case.

jimmy80

Oct 19, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ 15-05-2011 Federal 25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
update of Docs requested in June 2014 and provided in July 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 29/08/2014(without interview) Fereal application 20-09-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR 10 -08-2011- Federal AOR 30/01/2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable, (C1,B2 in TEFAQ Jan-2014)
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 inchallah
hallooooooo,

i want really to put a small comment regarding the immigration to Canada,it's my point of vue with all my respect to everybody's else opinion.

i know several people who didn't find a complexity in finding a job in Quebec,

As lebanese i dont think the situation else where is better than Canada,i went to France in Sep 2005 to do my master degree in Businees administration ,also my wife she did 2 master DESS & DEA and we didn't arrive to find a job not even a training due to the discrimination and also in our country if you don't have a powerfull connections even with your degree you can't find a work.

we have nothing other than try and keep trying to find the peace that we are looking for.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No no everyone stop taliking ;D not talking about finding job. there is a big problem. when these people searched for job. no one was hiring them because they dont have canadian degrees. also see people who are doctors n pharmacy some job must study 5 year in canada.
We didnt know about that hen we applied. now everyone telling me go to canada then move to uae all are doing this its easy to move to usa since u r in canada

alinec

Aug 9, 2012
lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
2010 from damascus
Med's Request
26 september 2011- remeds 25 february 2013
Med's Done....
remeds 8 march 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st request: november 2011 // second request: 26th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
first issue january 2012- SECOND ISSUE 22 AUGUST 2013
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
lemans207 said:
No no everyone stop taliking ;D not talking about finding job. there is a big problem. when these people searched for job. no one was hiring them because they dont have canadian degrees. also see people who are doctors n pharmacy some job must study 5 year in canada.
We didnt know about that hen we applied. now everyone telling me go to canada then move to uae all are doing this its easy to move to usa since u r in canada
tayeb in this case, retrieve your application.

if you are going there just to get a passport to use it elsewhere. you are not meant to work in canada.

as for the Doctors/nurses/pharmacy it is well known that you cannot work directly it is the same in the US. you cannot work in the US as a doctor unless you retake courses etc.. as for Architects/Engineers as i am an architect, it is well known that you need to be licensed to work and get a big salary nonetheless you can find work as unlicensed architect/engineer the hard thing (well it is not but if you live in a competitive environment) you need to convince companies / offices that you are reliable and you will deliver and you have the ability to move forward and this is the trick and to do that you need to prepare yourself before going. we are not living anymore in stoneage you have internet you have the ability to improve yourself and to do some networking and all begins way before you land that if you really want to move there.

Ahmad K.

Oct 3, 2011
Khobar - KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
NR
Nomination.....
waiting
lemans207 said:
Perhaps you didn't know about that when u applied, yet this doesn't make it their mistake its urs.
Just think about it, why they are adding 10 points for the one who has a job offer, why they give double points for those who have canadian certificates in the category of are of training, why they give extra points for those who had studied or worked before in canada .. and why their main concern in the interview to check if u really aware of the difficulties u will face, the steps u have to do there in order to get a job in ur profession and how much u prepared for that ??
the problem is not there .. I assure that they are much clear and frank .. the problem is in the mind of the applicants who think about canada as the rescue boat .. even regarding the processing time .. they never mentioned how long it takes .. and when they give estimation they mention (reference to 80% of the processed files last year or so on ...)

By the way, I know a lebanese doctor who worked there for low rate .. and worked very hard to get licensed .. and it took with him 1 or 2 years to get a significant job in his domain.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My fiance in montreal ;D she applied for me 8) s ince 4 years jobless phd graduate

ThunderBird11

Jun 6, 2012
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus l Montreal | Paris
NOC Code......
2174 - U115
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2011
Nomination.....
CSQ le 6 Fevrier 2015
AOR Received.
18 June 2015
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
9 July 2015
Med's Done....
15 July 2015
Interview........
06-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
27-August-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-September-2015
LANDED..........
Planning On April 2016
hallo everybody,
Just a quick question, does it really deserve to wait 6 to 7 years to get the Canadian Visa?
3 years to get the CSQ
3 years (37 months) to get the Visa
assuming that i'm extreemely luck to be selected, hhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jimmy80, in my opinion yes it really deserves to wait !!...
When I applied first my application I was doubtful about it, but when I am seeing around what is happening daily and the updates that it's going around us, and how our countries are becoming more DIFFERENT (instead of using another word) ..
I can tell you now that for me this is the BEST option I took long time ago ..
When I know now that I am applying to Canada .. I feel safe and lucky ...
I know that I am frustrated from waiting, but I hope everything will run just smooth after a while!!
Peace.

ThunderBird11

Jun 6, 2012
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
2174 - U115
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2011
Nomination.....
CSQ le 6 Fevrier 2015
AOR Received.
18 June 2015
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
9 July 2015
Med's Done....
15 July 2015
Interview........
06-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
27-August-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-September-2015
LANDED..........
Planning On April 2016
jimmy80 said:
hallooooooo,
i want really to put a small comment regarding the immigration to Canada,it's my point of vue with all my respect to everybody's else opinion.
i know several people who didn't find a complexity in finding a job in Quebec,
As lebanese i dont think the situation else where is better than Canada,i went to France in Sep 2005 to do my master degree in Businees administration ,also my wife she did 2 master DESS & DEA and we didn't arrive to find a job not even a training due to the discrimination and also in our country if you don't have a powerfull connections even with your degree you can't find a work.
we have nothing other than try and keep trying to find the peace that we are looking for.
You're right jimmy80, even some of the French people who have degrees are immigrating or traveling to Canada for Jobs ..
Just search in youtube for the french immigration and you'll find that many French are moving to Quebec ;)
So all the countries are in the same boat hehe
Peace

ThunderBird11

Jun 6, 2012
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
2174 - U115
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2011
Nomination.....
CSQ le 6 Fevrier 2015
AOR Received.
18 June 2015
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
9 July 2015
Med's Done....
15 July 2015
Interview........
06-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
27-August-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-September-2015
LANDED..........
Planning On April 2016
lemans207 said:
I think this is the same in all countries ..
Let's say any foreign person come to Lebanon with a Doctor degree, can he/she works with it ??!!
The answer is absolutely NOT!!!
I know a man (I think he's indian .. with all the respect of course) that he is in Lebanon since 20 years ago with a Doctor degree and he's working in shoes factory ..!!
Of course this doesn't apply to all the cases, but my point is that the discrimination is everywhere .. all around us ..
Peace.

jimmy80

Oct 19, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 inchallah
ThunderBird11 said:
You're right jimmy80, even some of the French people who have degrees are immigrating or traveling to Canada for Jobs ..
Just search in youtube for the french immigration and you'll find that many French are moving to Quebec ;)
So all the countries are in the same boat hehe
Peace
thanks Thunderbird
peace

jimmy80

Oct 19, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 inchallah
Hi everybody,

Just a quick question.
The brother of my wife is currently a permanent resident in Quebec, shall i update the BIQ?
And if yes which form i have to fill it and send it to them.

Thank you