AOR Received.
Jan 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 15 2014
if you want to put your kid in a daycare it will cost you $7 per day not $25 and the gov will cover the rest, i know because my mother owns one in Montreal.

another thing, on my CSQ the french level is not mentioned, you either get an "NF" (Non Francophone) or "F" (Francophone), because this is what i have seen so far, i have an "F" under connaissances linguistiques.

as for the housing, there are different types of areas, most of the lebanese go to st laurent, a typical 3 1/2 will cost you around $650, whereas in the downtown it will cost you like $1300, and in la salle it will costs you probably $450 etc... so it depends on the area. living expenses are the same as lebanon even better sometimes. for the transportation part, the best thing is to get 1 monthly ticket that includes metro, train, and bus, it gives you unlimited one month access. unless you're a typical lebanese and would only drive a BMW or mercedes :)

to get employed there, YOU HAVE TO KNOW FRENCH. this point has to be taken very seriously. the job market is very competitive there and knowing french will not give you a competitive advantage, it is taken for granted there, and the employer is expecting that you already know french. once you are in montreal, go and register in a free course where they will guide you how to get a job, they will show you ways you never thought of. moreover, go and do some voluntary work if you have some time, you will meet new people, bottom line, start networking and socializing in any way you can.

btw, we received an email from the embassy after we were inquiring about our file (the federal part), it doesn't contain much of info, it is mainly a standard letter, so don't bother to wait for any useful info in case you send them an inquiry. it is true that the embassy in damascus is still operating but it is like at maximum 5% pace. it's been 20.5 months since i have applied and still nothing (i applied in Jan 2010)

wdOnCanada

May 27, 2011
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
22-02-2011 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
22-07-2011 (Through email)
File Transfer...
Bucharest : 22-08-2013
Med's Request
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
Passport Req..
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
04-07-2014
Jet said:
if you want to put your kid in a daycare it will cost you $7 per day not $25 and the gov will cover the rest, i know because my mother owns one in Montreal. ....
Precious information Jet... Thank you for sharing this... Do you know if applying for a job before getting there makes sense? Some say it does, some others say it doesn't...

Jet

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009 for CSQ
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 15 2014
wdOnCanada said:
Do you know if applying for a job before getting there makes sense? Some say it does, some others say it doesn't...
you can always try, you won't lose a thing anyway, but how are you going to make it for the interview in case you find a suitable job? no one will hire you without an interview.. and in case you find one that doesn't require an interview or you made the interview in your country, there is a law that if the canadian employer wants to hire someone, a foreigner in specific, then he should have met all the requirements of trying to find a canadian citizen/permanent resident for the vacant position, which is putting ads and stuff like that for a period of 6 months. this is far as i know, maybe i am mistaken but i heard this info from many sources. anyway you can always find the info from the canadian immigration website.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Hello experts
is anybody here from Syria
i need a help from any Syrian, i want to ask him about the translation and notarization of docments

akramsam

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
AOR Received.
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waiting
Hey Jet,

Thanks a lot for ur information, it added a lot for me... So, we gotta continue french learning :)...

Best of luck for u,

Jet said:
if you want to put your kid in a daycare it will cost you $7 per day not $25 and the gov will cover the rest, i know because my mother owns one in Montreal.

another thing, on my CSQ the french level is not mentioned, you either get an "NF" (Non Francophone) or "F" (Francophone), because this is what i have seen so far, i have an "F" under connaissances linguistiques.

as for the housing, there are different types of areas, most of the lebanese go to st laurent, a typical 3 1/2 will cost you around $650, whereas in the downtown it will cost you like $1300, and in la salle it will costs you probably $450 etc... so it depends on the area. living expenses are the same as lebanon even better sometimes. for the transportation part, the best thing is to get 1 monthly ticket that includes metro, train, and bus, it gives you unlimited one month access. unless you're a typical lebanese and would only drive a BMW or mercedes :)

to get employed there, YOU HAVE TO KNOW FRENCH. this point has to be taken very seriously. the job market is very competitive there and knowing french will not give you a competitive advantage, it is taken for granted there, and the employer is expecting that you already know french. once you are in montreal, go and register in a free course where they will guide you how to get a job, they will show you ways you never thought of. moreover, go and do some voluntary work if you have some time, you will meet new people, bottom line, start networking and socializing in any way you can.

btw, we received an email from the embassy after we were inquiring about our file (the federal part), it doesn't contain much of info, it is mainly a standard letter, so don't bother to wait for any useful info in case you send them an inquiry. it is true that the embassy in damascus is still operating but it is like at maximum 5% pace. it's been 20.5 months since i have applied and still nothing (i applied in Jan 2010)

akramsam

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
AOR Received.
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waiting
Even the president himself is trying to flee to Quebec from the war up there in Syria!!! ;D

Hey Bachar...
I'm just kidding boss :D , as far as I know (in any country) u can translate all ur certificates from the institution that issued it.. and then u can notarize it from the same place or from the ministry of exterior!! Hope u find easily what u r looking for.

All the best,
Akram

Bachar said:
Hello experts
is anybody here from Syria
i need a help from any Syrian, i want to ask him about the translation and notarization of docments

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Thanks akram for ur help
but what i wanted to ask about is something else, its about the military service documents, since i do not live in Syria now so i wanted to know exactly what to do about this

akramsam said:
Even the president himself is trying to flee to Quebec from the war up there in Syria!!! ;D

Hey Bachar...
I'm just kidding boss :D , as far as I know (in any country) u can translate all ur certificates from the institution that issued it.. and then u can notarize it from the same place or from the ministry of exterior!! Hope u find easily what u r looking for.

All the best,
Akram

Jet

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009 for CSQ
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 15 2014
Bachar said:
Thanks akram for ur help
but what i wanted to ask about is something else, its about the military service documents, since i do not live in Syria now so i wanted to know exactly what to do about this
loool Akram !!

Bachar, i have translated the military service exemption card, via a certified translator of course, but i can't remember if it was for the CSQ or for the federal part

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Jet said:
loool Akram !!

Bachar, i have translated the military service exemption card, via a certified translator of course, but i can't remember if it was for the CSQ or for the federal part
thanks Jet for ur reply
i want to prepare everything related to the immigration process, my friends and family members will do it for me there in Syria, but i dont know what to do for the military service document, can i just make a photocopy of "Military Service Document or Book" and translate it? i think sworn translator will refuse to translate it, do u know a name of translator, address or phone numbers , who know exactly what to do in such cases?

Jet

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009 for CSQ
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 15 2014
Bachar said:
thanks Jet for ur reply
i want to prepare everything related to the immigration process, my friends and family members will do it for me there in Syria, but i dont know what to do for the military service document, can i just make a photocopy of "Military Service Document or Book" and translate it? i think sworn translator will refuse to translate it, do u know a name of translator, address or phone numbers , who know exactly what to do in such cases?
yes, you need a sworn translator, in lebanon any sworn translator will translated for you for $10-$15. you don't need to certify it from any offcial or from the gov, so don't worry about this part. i know one if you want and i can give you the phone number offline. or i can call her if you don't want to say such stuff from syria over the phone.

btw, parlez vous francais ? a small and a very important advice for you and for everyone, is that when you fill your application fill it in french, very few people know how important that is. even if you know little french ask someone who is fluent in french to fill the info for you. because in the interview, the interviewer will be a francophone, and if you read a bit about the native quebecers and a bit of history you will know what i am talking about. every small detail counts mes amis ;)

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
D1=10-AUG-2010; D2= 30-MAY-2012
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
Interview 22 MAY 2012 Istanbul CSQ RECEIVED
AOR Received.
D1 05.10.2010 / D2 06.06.2012
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
JET...u knew all this info and not sharing till now.....we need to keep in touch if ur mom owns a nursery in Montreal, we all need it for our kids.In which area , St Laurent?
Thanks for info and keep us informed, as u have close relatives there u know exactly what is happening.My sister in low has only 2 month there.
Regards

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Jet said:
yes, you need a sworn translator, in lebanon any sworn translator will translated for you for $10-$15. you don't need to certify it from any offcial or from the gov, so don't worry about this part. i know one if you want and i can give you the phone number offline. or i can call her if you don't want to say such stuff from syria over the phone.

btw, parlez vous francais ? a small and a very important advice for you and for everyone, is that when you fill your application fill it in french, very few people know how important that is. even if you know little french ask someone who is fluent in french to fill the info for you. because in the interview, the interviewer will be a francophone, and if you read a bit about the native quebecers and a bit of history you will know what i am talking about. every small detail counts mes amis ;)
Thanks for ur reply and help
my French is A1 now and i want to go on till i reach a good level and command of this language
i like to fill the application in French but most of my documents are in English, so should i translate the file to French ??
send me the phone number by private message so i will try to reach her soon
Thanks a lot

genona

Apr 29, 2011
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - sub to montreal FEDERAL - sub to VO ABUDhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/09/2012 App received by CIC 11/03/2013 IN PROCESS
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
JULY 13, 2012( csq received)
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
akramsam said:
Hey Jet,

Thanks a lot for ur information, it added a lot for me... So, we gotta continue french learning :)...

Best of luck for u,

hi, u can use google translation, it helps!

akramsam

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
AOR Received.
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waiting
Jet,

That information about filling the application in french came a bit late for me ... just 11 months late !!! ... :-*

Anyways, if you have more info like this ... plz... SAY IT NOW .. or .. NEVER :mad: .... :D

Thanks anyway for ur help ...
Have a great day,

Jet said:

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
D1=10-AUG-2010; D2= 30-MAY-2012
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
Interview 22 MAY 2012 Istanbul CSQ RECEIVED
AOR Received.
D1 05.10.2010 / D2 06.06.2012
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
A new week has start, fingers crossed for those who are waiting for invitations and CSQ....Good luck and may this week be full of invitations......do not forget to keep us informed ! ;D