Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Anyone know when the new processing times for the Visa offices come out?? It's way past 3 months since they updated it last.

So frustrating when they don't update every 3 months like they should

Ok rant is over :)

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
lol it's so funny Sammy that they call it quarterly cause it seems to be pushed longer and longer each time. Last quarter they were late by more that a month If I remember correctly.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Patience09 said:
lol it's so funny Sammy that they call it quarterly cause it seems to be pushed longer and longer each time. Last quarter they were late by more that a month If I remember correctly.
That's true. Ever since I started monitoring the processing times back in the summer of 2013, it went from a "quarterly" update in Oct. 2013 to the one we see now in March 2014 (5 months between those two updates).

So yeah, for CIC the word 'quarterly' means 'whenever we feel like doing it'.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Avadava said:
That's true. Ever since I started monitoring the processing times back in the summer of 2013, it went from a "quarterly" update in Oct. 2013 to the one we see now in March 2014 (5 months between those two updates).

So yeah, for CIC the word 'quarterly' means 'whenever we feel like doing it'.
Yet when they ask us for stuff there is a time limit!!

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
sammystorm19 said:
Yet when they ask us for stuff there is a time limit!!
I definitely understand how you feel. I feel like since sponsors/applicants are pretty much blind in this process, it would be nice if the instruments that we are given (ECAS, processing times, GCMS notes) were updated in a consistent and timely manner at least so that we have something solid to follow.

But really, our hands are tied. We can vent in the meantime!

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Patience09 said:
I definitely understand how you feel. I feel like since sponsors/applicants are pretty much blind in this process, it would be nice if the instruments that we are given (ECAS, processing times, GCMS notes) were updated in a consistent and timely manner at least so that we have something solid to follow.

But really, our hands are tied. We can vent in the meantime!
You're so right, Patience. I don't even know where to begin with the rant. They're so "opaque" (so to speak) with the whole process. We are constantly left in the dark, and just like you said, the only tools we have to check on our applications and progress, are not working!

ECAS is just a big stinky BS, to keep us quiet and "entertained". Very vague information, I could do better without it, cause the only thing that's given me so far is OCD (by checking it every day in the hopes of a miracle).

Processing times are just a fairy tale. The only useful thing are those GCMS notes, which I'm grateful for, but I wish they wouldn't take so long to send them to you. They generate the notes a couple of days after you send the request, but they take their sweet as* time to email them.

Don't get me wrong, I perfectly understand that immigrating to Canada is a privilege and not a right, that it was my choice to marry a Canadian, etc. etc. But some days you just feel like cr*p and want to vent a little :)

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
To tell you the truth, I'm not sure why they make you wait 30 days for your notes. Wouldn't they want to make it really quick so that people will order more notes and they could make more money? Could be a nice side business of immigration if you ask me. Though I would probably be one of those people ordering every week or something lol. :-X

Avadava said:
You're so right, Patience. I don't even know where to begin with the rant. They're so "opaque" (so to speak) with the whole process. We are constantly left in the dark, and just like you said, the only tools we have to check on our applications and progress, are not working!

ECAS is just a big stinky BS, to keep us quiet and "entertained". Very vague information, I could do better without it, cause the only thing that's given me so far is OCD (by checking it every day in the hopes of a miracle).

Processing times are just a fairy tale. The only useful thing are those GCMS notes, which I'm grateful for, but I wish they wouldn't take so long to send them to you. They generate the notes a couple of days after you send the request, but they take their sweet as* time to email them.

Don't get me wrong, I perfectly understand that immigrating to Canada is a privilege and not a right, that it was my choice to marry a Canadian, etc. etc. But some days you just feel like cr*p and want to vent a little :)

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
i'm not sure why it matters if they update the information regularly? the statistics we get on application processing times on this forum is a heck of a lot more accurate than the "processing times" listed on the site. Personally, i trust the information gathered here more than anything that is posted on immigration's website. Looking for updates from a list that is probably based on statistics from months ago is just going to add to the frustration of the process. Using the spreadsheets on this forum gives a more up to date, real time average in my opinion.

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
Of course this forum is a much better source of info, but it's just that they are muddying the little bit of 'official' info that we get. One less thing to obsess about ;)

rhcohen2014 said:
i'm not sure why it matters if they update the information regularly? the statistics we get on application processing times on this forum is a heck of a lot more accurate than the "processing times" listed on the site. Personally, i trust the information gathered here more than anything that is posted on immigration's website. Looking for updates from a list that is probably based on statistics from months ago is just going to add to the frustration of the process. Using the spreadsheets on this forum gives a more up to date, real time average in my opinion.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
rhcohen2014 said:
I understand that and yes it is nice that people get through before the posted times on the CIC site...however when you've been waiting for over a year like myself and our VO wait time is 25 months...you are hoping it goes down. This way if I fall within those number of months they can work on my file

When we applied wait time was 17 months for Kingston, JA....and since then it has gone up 8 months. It sucks!!! Plus Kingston is all over the place. Some people on here get through in 8 months and others in 22 months. Most of the applications are the same and they pick and choose what ones to work on. People that have applied after me have gotten through and other before me are still waiting.

So seeing the CIC processing times change do work in favor for some people :) :) :)

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Patience09 said:
Of course this forum is a much better source of info, but it's just that they are muddying the little bit of 'official' info that we get. One less thing to obsess about ;)
personally i have found this process easier when i just accept the fact this process has no transparency and i can't expect much communicaiton or updates from immigration. it seems pretty normal for a government agency to tell you the truth. Trying to find information or updates that aren't available or getting mad at the system that i have no say in isn't going to help make the process any better. for me, it makes it worse. to each their own if seeing the immigration numbers helps ease the frustrations.

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
author=rhcohen2014 link=topic=226934.msg3281765#msg3281765 date=1403813289]
personally i have found this process easier when i just accept the fact this process has no transparency and i can't expect much communicaiton or updates from immigration. it seems pretty normal for a government agency to tell you the truth. Trying to find information or updates that aren't available or getting mad at the system that i have no say in isn't going to help make the process any better. for me, it makes it worse. to each their own though if seeing the immigration numbers helps ease the frustrations.
of course it doesn't make the process better nor quicker, which is why people need to rant sometimes. Remember, not everyone is the same.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
rhcohen2014 said:
personally i have found this process easier when i just accept the fact this process has no transparency and i can't expect much communicaiton or updates from immigration. it seems pretty normal for a government agency to tell you the truth. Trying to find information or updates that aren't available or getting mad at the system that i have no say in isn't going to help make the process any better. for me, it makes it worse. to each their own if seeing the immigration numbers helps ease the frustrations.
It will ease my frustrations if the wait time for Kingston goes down to say 15 months...then I would know they need to approve my file in less than 2 months.

Yeah it's just numbers but makes things easier when you are close to the end and you know that they HAVE to do something instead of your file collecting dust on a desk somewhere :)

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
I've seen the processing times for Vienna go up by 6 months (when I first looked at the CIC website for info, Vienna was at 8 month - and by the time I sent in my application it went up to 13 months and then 14 months).

I would love to see it drop because this would mean that they started clearing the backlog. But you're also right, those numbers are from the previous year. My husband always says "No news is good news" but with my personality (I stress about every little thing), optimism doesn't really stick.

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
rhcohen2014 said:
As weird as it sounds, obsessing about these things probably help many of us pass the immigration processing time. Is it healthy? probably not