+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine plans/potential problem

DuncanHague

Feb 9, 2020
I’ve been organising a trip to fly out to be with my partner (London-Vancouver with Air Canada) and quarantine before but may have overlooked something.

I intended on staying at a family friends place which has a separate basement suite area where I would be self contained. It’s only just come to me that said family friend is over 65. Will this cause issue? We should not come into contact.

Anyone else have recent experiences they can share with reuniting?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I’ve been organising a trip to fly out to be with my partner (London-Vancouver with Air Canada) and quarantine before but may have overlooked something.

I intended on staying at a family friends place which has a separate basement suite area where I would be self contained. It’s only just come to me that said family friend is over 65. Will this cause issue? We should not come into contact.

Anyone else have recent experiences they can share with reuniting?
You'll be fine as long as it's a separate apartment (i.e. separate kitchen, separate bathroom, separate entrance) and you won't be interacting with anyone else regardless of their age.

DuncanHague

Feb 9, 2020
It’s not a totally separate apartment unfortunately, the area in which I would quarantine is on a lesser/rarely used ground floor, has its own bathroom and my friend is organising some basic facilities like a fridge and some cooking apparatus. It is also away from the main entrance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It’s not a totally separate apartment unfortunately, the area in which I would quarantine is on a lesser/rarely used ground floor, has its own bathroom and my friend is organising some basic facilities like a fridge and some cooking apparatus. It is also away from the main entrance.
Does it have a door which shuts you off from the other people? Do they ever have to enter your area?

DuncanHague

Feb 9, 2020
It doesn’t have a door that shuts the area off but is separated from the main house by a long staircase followed by a long corridor to the room and bathroom I’ll be occupying. There’s no need for said person to enter the area.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It doesn’t have a door that shuts the area off but is separated from the main house by a long staircase followed by a long corridor to the room and bathroom I’ll be occupying. There’s no need for said person to enter the area.
Not ideal since covid remains in the air for 3 hours. You mentionned a fridge and cooking things, will that be in the bedroom? Would say it doesn't typically meet the definition of quarantine but it seems like many are not meeting the exact definition of quarantine.

It also comes down to the family living there. Are they healthy seniors? Are they having contact with more vulnerable people like their parents. They have to determine whether they are comfortable with the agreement.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Is your partner living in an apartment/house by him/herself? If so, is that possible to have your partner staying at the room that the family friend provided and you moved into your partner's place instead?

If that's not an option, then air b&b may be your best option.