+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine plan

frisbee2017

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hi guys, what are the CBSA officers expecting as an acceptable plan for quarantine? Can you guys please share your experience?

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
I just wrote our plan for returning, saying that should quarantine rules apply upon issuing CoPR, we have friends who will food shop for us for the fortnight while we quarantine and their details can be supplied on request.

At this stage, I'm not expecting the process to complete for 2 years, so who knows what things will look like by then?

trancemist

Aug 25, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hi guys, what are the CBSA officers expecting as an acceptable plan for quarantine? Can you guys please share your experience?
As a Canadian citizen I returned to Canada in June to deal with some family issues and all that the agent wanted to know was:
- address where I will quarantine
- how will I get necessities (groceries)
- phone number there

Really you just need a paragraph or so with these details showing that you've thought it out and that it will work.

Reactions: frisbee2017

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
I just wrote our plan for returning, saying that should quarantine rules apply upon issuing CoPR, we have friends who will food shop for us for the fortnight while we quarantine and their details can be supplied on request.

At this stage, I'm not expecting the process to complete for 2 years, so who knows what things will look like by then?
Does this have to be included with your initial application or is it a later item?

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Does this have to be included with your initial application or is it a later item?
No, I just included it as part of our 'cover letter' regarding intent to return to demonstrate we have thought about it and we have people who will assist us, but as I say what things look like in a year or two for requirements, who knows? We will just provide further information if asked.

maratoronto

Oct 24, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
For my husband at Montreal airport last month CBSA officer asked only for address and phone number

Reactions: frisbee2017

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
A quarantine plan does not need to be included with a PR application. That is a current requirement, due to covid, to board a plane destined for Canada and to give to CBSA when entering Canada.