+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine Plan For Vaccinated Travelers to Canada

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019
Even hotels can cancel the reservations you make, not only Airbnb hosts.
So that is a risk that everybody has to take.

I think the important thing here is that you demonstrate to the Canadian authorities that you have made the effort to come out with a quarantine plan.
Shxt happens, and they cannot fault you for circumstances outside your control. If they choose to exempt you from quarantine, then you dun even need to worry about this any further.

But if they do not exempt you, well I read of cases whereby people with hotel reservations for quarantine were canceled at the last minute when they arrived in Canada because the hotels were overbooked. What happens is that the Canadian authorities will move you to an undisclosed location where you will serve your 2 weeks quarantine. The good thing is, you will not need to pay a single cent if you are housed in a quarantine facility by the Canadian authorities.
Hello
May I ask what was your quarantine plan in the end?
I totally agree that booking for 14 days without knowing if you actually need it is a waste of money. Trying to figure out what is the best way to come out with a quarantine plan without spending thousands of dollars.

I only needed a stay for a maximum of 7 days, then I need to be heading elsewhere - that's my original plan if I don't have to quarantine + Negative covid test. but of course, if I get a positive result that 14-day quarantine will go as planned.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
May I ask what was your quarantine plan in the end?
I totally agree that booking for 14 days without knowing if you actually need it is a waste of money. Trying to figure out what is the best way to come out with a quarantine plan without spending thousands of dollars.

I only needed a stay for a maximum of 7 days, then I need to be heading elsewhere - that's my original plan if I don't have to quarantine + Negative covid test. but of course, if I get a positive result that 14-day quarantine will go as planned.
Don’t believe anyone is actually booking a place to quarantine if they have been vaccinated. Most assume they will remain negative and will book something if necessary while in Canada.

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019
Don’t believe anyone is actually booking a place to quarantine if they have been vaccinated. Most assume they will remain negative and will book something if necessary while in Canada.
Arent I required to provide a quarantine plan upon arrival even if I'm exempted from quarantine and fully vaccinated?
Do I just state if necessary will book accommodation at the hotel for quarantine?

I was under the impression I have to show them proof that i have a suitable place to quarantine for 14 days and more.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/isolation

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Arent I required to provide a quarantine plan upon arrival even if I'm exempted from quarantine and fully vaccinated?
Do I just state if necessary will book accommodation at the hotel for quarantine?

I was under the impression I have to show them proof that i have a suitable place to quarantine for 14 days and more.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/isolation
You are technically required. Haven’t heard of many vaccinated people with concrete quarantine plans in case they are asked to quarantine on arrival.

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019
You are technically required. Haven’t heard of many vaccinated people with concrete quarantine plans in case they are asked to quarantine on arrival.
Hmmmmmm I mean if they don’t need any physical proof I could just say “ I will book a 14 days hotel accommodation right away before entering and order food using food delivery app “ I’m just afraid they would ask me to show the booking confirmation or something.

just don’t want to get rejected and ask to go back into United state cause of it. I would be crossing via land in case that would make any difference.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hmmmmmm I mean if they don’t need any physical proof I could just say “ I will book a 14 days hotel accommodation right away before entering and order food using food delivery app “ I’m just afraid they would ask me to show the booking confirmation or something.

just don’t want to get rejected and ask to go back into United state cause of it. I would be crossing via land in case that would make any difference.
Haven’t heard of anyone being asked. I would assume you’d be able to book from the airport if necessary.