+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine Plan for New Immigrants

Ammu_Jino

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Hi All,

Me and my husband are new immigrants and planning to travel to do first time landing at Toronto in June 2020. As per an email received from IRCC, we have to present a quarantine plan at the airport at the time of landing. I have few queries on this regard. Can somebody advise?

1. Can we show an Airbnb booking for the quarantine plan? If so, are there any conditions? As we are two members travelling , should we have two separate accommodation facility or can we stay together?
2. Also, I heard that the government provides quarantine facility in case the immigrants can't find one on their own. Does anybody have any idea on this? Should we inform them prior to travel or can we inform them at the airport?

Best Regards,
Remya

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but

1)Sure people are using AIRBNB and the few that have provided feedback have not indicated any issues as long as you have the address and also can provide contact details.

You would need to ensure that you can organise grocery delivery to the airbnb given you are not allowed to leave the isolation residence. Some people have negotiated with AIRBNB owner to organise something for groceries and often as they are pleased simply to be able to rent out their place they are approachable to helping out.

There is nothing in the guidance that implies 2 people travelling together cannot isolate together, both have to stay put.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html#ua

2)The government would provide a place of their chosing if someone either arrives with no plan or a plan that is not acceptable. It is a bit of grey area who pays for this whether the traveller or the government. If the latter does not seem much of an incentive for anyone to have a plan.

There is no process as it were to pre book this option given everyone is expected to arrive with an isolation plan or at least show they have made the effort. Although I do not know would expect CBSA to not be that happy if people turn up at the airport having made zero attempt to make their own arrangements but ultimately CBSA are professionals so not there to make judgaments just follow the process they have been given to manage.

Last edited:

Ammu_Jino

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Others can comment as well but

1)Sure people are using AIRBNB and the few that have provided feedback have not indicated any issues as long as you have the address and also can provide contact details.

You would need to ensure that you can organise grocery delivery to the airbnb given you are not allowed to leave the isolation residence. Some people have negotiated with AIRBNB owner to organise something for groceries and often as they are pleased simply to be able to rent out their place they are approachable to helping out.

There is nothing in the guidance that implies 2 people travelling together cannot isolate together, both have to stay put.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html#ua

2)The government would provide a place of their chosing if someone either arrives with no plan or a plan that is not acceptable. It is a bit of grey area who pays for this whether the traveller or the government. If the latter does not seem much of an incentive for anyone to have a plan.

There is no process as it were to pre book this option given everyone is expected to arrive with an isolation plan or at least show they have made the effort. Although I do not know would expect CBSA to not be that happy if people turn up at the airport having made zero attempt to make their own arrangements but ultimately CBSA are professionals so not there to make judgaments just follow the process they have been given to manage.
Thank you for your response :)