+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine facilities

smallcoffee

Apr 4, 2018
Paris
Hey,

My partner has her COPR and we are flying to Montreal from Paris end of July. Flight is booked. We are leaving our jobs and apartment behind.

We have to be quarantined for 14 days. I own a home in Montreal and was planning on going there but since my elderly parents live there now we have to go somewhere else.

We contacted a few airbnbs but they cant seem to host us. Anyone knows about quarantine facilities that the government is providing?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey,

My partner has her COPR and we are flying to Montreal from Paris end of July. Flight is booked. We are leaving our jobs and apartment behind.

We have to be quarantined for 14 days. I own a home in Montreal and was planning on going there but since my elderly parents live there now we have to go somewhere else.

We contacted a few airbnbs but they cant seem to host us. Anyone knows about quarantine facilities that the government is providing?

Thanks
There are no government facilities. You have to sort out accommodations on your own.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/04/08/twenty-three-canadians-being-held-at-federal-quarantine-sites-government-says/

The Public Health Agency of Canada says that as of Sunday night, the almost two dozen Canadians were in federally designated quarantine sites and federally supported self-quarantine lodgings.
Interesting. I wasn't aware these were publicly open to anyone. Wonder if that's accurate given this is a media article.

I would contact the public health authority in the province where you will be arriving to see what they say. Contact info is here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/2019-novel-coronavirus-information-sheet.html

Reactions: smallcoffee

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Interesting. I wasn't aware these were publicly open to anyone. Wonder if that's accurate given this is a media article.

I would contact the public health authority in the province where you will be arriving to see what they say. Contact info is here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/2019-novel-coronavirus-information-sheet.html
1. Passengers arriving in Canada without a viable quarantine plan will be directed to a hotel chosen by CBSA for 14 days.

• Haha
Reactions: Miss bee

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hey,

Thanks
Keep checking AirBnB's, some will, some won't. I am in one right doing doing quarantine.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/04/08/twenty-three-canadians-being-held-at-federal-quarantine-sites-government-says/

The Public Health Agency of Canada says that as of Sunday night, the almost two dozen Canadians were in federally designated quarantine sites and federally supported self-quarantine lodgings.
Note that apart from the fact this is in the press and not an official source it refers specifically to Canadians in government facilities so no other arriving traveller should assume anything comes for free and not at least make some effort/take responsibility for meeting the quarantine requirement or simply not come to Canada at this time. If is funded then great but nobody should travel based on that assumption and there is always the chance of being denied entry if not a Citizen or already a PR.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks for the reply.

What did the agent ask when you landed? Were you able to take a taxi easily or you rented a car?
They asked if you have a place to self isolate and have a plan to have groceries etc delivered to you, then read you the riot act of having to isolate of face a fine of up to $750,000. No problem taking a taxi, they didn't ask anything, didn't seem to be bothered by picking us up.

Reactions: smallcoffee

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
I called Public health Canada twice in last 2 days. They confirmed that people who don't have an adequate quarantine plan, will be taken to designated place , will be provided 3 meals a day and medication and you won't be charged anything.
Tax payers will be charged something ;) where do I sign up???

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I called Public health Canada twice in last 2 days. They confirmed that people who don't have an adequate quarantine plan, will be taken to designated place , will be provided 3 meals a day and medication and you won't be charged anything.
No surprises on that one. Someone should send that little gem to The National Post
It’s ironic though , to say the least, that some individuals including senior citizens have to resort to food banks in this country, or sleeping in the streets

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
No surprises on that one. Someone should send that little gem to The National Post
It’s ironic though , to say the least, that some individuals including senior citizens have to resort to food banks in this country, or sleeping in the streets
Completely agree with this, especially free accommodation AND 3 whole meals a day? Seems ridiculous. A valid quarantine plan should be part of the requirements for entering Canada. Don't have one? You don't get to enter. I can see so many people taking advantage of this, and they obviously already are. Shame.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Completely agree with this, especially free accommodation AND 3 whole meals a day? Seems ridiculous. A valid quarantine plan should be part of the requirements for entering Canada. Don't have one? You don't get to enter. I can see so many people taking advantage of this, and they obviously already are. Shame.
That is truly sad if people are coming here with that being their plan.

hnaveed89

Feb 24, 2019
I have contacted bnb owners as well as student accommodations they all keep refusing only by hearing the word Quarantine, what am I supposed to do now, I don't know anybody in Edmonton.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
I have contacted bnb owners as well as student accommodations they all keep refusing only by hearing the word Quarantine, what am I supposed to do now, I don't know anybody in Edmonton.
Book an airbnb for 2 weeks, there is no need to mention quarantine as that doesn't change anything beyond them not being able to come clean the apartment - you will have to do this yourself.

Edit: looked through your posts - make sure you book an airbnb that is private so that you don't have to subject hosts to quarantine as well.