+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quality Assurance Group

Chai_to_Double-double

Nov 22, 2017
Hi All,

I am making this thread for all victims who have received the Quality Assurance Exercise documents.
Lets share our timelines and keep an eye & share if someone hears back from them after submission.

here is my timeline

Application Sent- Oct 16
Application received- Oct 17
Quality Assurance Letter dated - Dec 18
Quality Assurance letter received- Dec 28
FP Done - Dec 28

QAE documents submitted - Feb 5, 2018

yogiedmonton

Feb 3, 2018
Application received OCT 17,
AOR Nov 21,
IP Dec 8,
QA date Jan 5,
FP done Jan 9,
document submitted Feb 4 with FP.

cherif2100

Mar 1, 2012
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2011/11/21
Doc's Request.
2012 / 07 /10
Nomination.....
2012/10/ 06
AOR Received.
2012 /12 / 19
File Transfer...
2013 to bucharest
Med's Request
2013/09/24
Med's Done....
27-SEP-2013 // in process 9 Nov
Interview........
2012/11/21
Passport Req..
2014/04/15
VISA ISSUED...
2014/04/23
LANDED..........
2014/05/14
why do you call them victims?
Once you receive the request you will realize that it’s a big hassle to be asked to provide so many documents and some of them are impossible to acquire such entry exit records from each country you have entered in the last 5 years (many countries don’t provide such thing, most countries who provides it only for people who holds a national id of that country!!) , letter from each landlord (good luck if you left them with bad terms), a Canadian reference who is not a relative and knows about all your social and religious activities, jobs, volunteering, hobbies... ( no place for confidentiality) plus an endless list of documents that costs time and money , With 60 days time limit or your application will be abandoned! You will notice that most applicants received the request in their mailbox about 10-15 days late!! So no wonder the word “victims” was mentioned

cherif2100

Mar 1, 2012
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2011/11/21
Doc's Request.
2012 / 07 /10
Nomination.....
2012/10/ 06
AOR Received.
2012 /12 / 19
File Transfer...
2013 to bucharest
Med's Request
2013/09/24
Med's Done....
Interview........
2012/11/21
Passport Req..
2014/04/15
VISA ISSUED...
2014/04/23
LANDED..........
2014/05/14
Application received oct 19,
AOR Nov 22
IP + QA dated Dec 12,
QA received Dec 25,
FP done Dec 28,
document submitted Feb 2.

Chai_to_Double-double

Nov 22, 2017
I am actually going to voice a concern.. not sure if it will make any difference but just want to let them know as to how unfair it is.

They talk about justice system here in Canada, how is the delay for quality assurance candidates justified.

It’s a big lie and this should be put in their ears, I mean the ministers.

Last edited:

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I am actually going to voice a concern.. not sure if it will make any difference but just want to let them know as to how unfair it is.

They talk about justice system here in Canada, how is the delay for quality assurance candidates justified.

It’s a big lie and this should you put in their ears, I mean the ministers.
I understand your frustration and I personally hope I won't be selected, but how else would you do it?

Here are the options:
(A) the current process, where applications are randomly selected who have to prove what they wrote on the form
(B) you would let case workers make the call if people should be requested proof. This opens the doors to discrimination based on nationality, race, social situation,...
(C) Don't do any of this and simply believe everything that an applicant writes in their application.

So what would you like IRCC to do? (C) clearly isn't an option.

Again, I get the frustration, but I can't see what they can do differently.

Reactions: dunten

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010

It’s a big lie and this should you put in their ears, I mean the ministers.
While some delay in processing is to be anticipated, despite assurances otherwise, a complaint based on what one thinks WILL happen is NOT likely to carry much weight, except to reflect what it is, an unsubstantiated, unfounded complaint.

For now, some October applicants are still just barely getting AOR. There are obvious reasons for this, reasons many warned about long before the changes took effect: a huge surge in applications (which has happened, 40,000 or more in October alone, probably over a 100,000 already made under the new rules) at the same time one of Canada's largest bureaucracies (IRCC) was dealing with implementing the new rules and the bureaucrat learning curve that invariably entails.

No one who has applied since the change in rules has a factual basis for complaining about delays. Given the circumstances, even three plus months to get AOR is NOT a substantive reason for complaining about delays.

And, moreover, by IRCC standards (year timeline for citizenship applications), no one who applied under the new rules and issued the PPQ-QAE has had a decision on their application delayed past a year, so they have no basis for saying their application has been delayed, let alone delayed due to the PPQ, let alone delayed unfairly.

Sure, one is entitled to make a complaint if they like. Just in case there is a problem later on, however, might be better to not have already made a name for oneself complaining about things that have not happened, that could not have possibly happened. "Not yet . . . but . . . but it will" some may retort, but no, that's not going to gain any traction or save face.

This is NOT to say this procedure is fair. This is NOT to dismiss how profoundly intrusive and harsh this procedure is. It is not a mere inconvenience. It will cost money. It requires a considerable effort and amount of time. It requires disclosing status and current lack of citizenship to people the applicant would prefer to not be informed of this (employers, citizen references). It demands a summary of health care claims, which all by itself is a profound compromise of privacy.

But anyone who has successfully advocated an issue knows how important it is to do the homework and avoid compromising the weight of your position, and little will compromise one's position much faster than to make a blatantly unsubstantiated, unfounded assertion. Any good advocate knows that five great arguments will be largely ignored if a sixth bad argument is made, since that one bad argument will become the focus of attention, in effect consuming all the oxygen in the room. And make no mistake, unless and until there is an actual excessive delay in processing PPQ'd applicants, an argument that it is unfair because it unduly delays becoming a citizen is virtually a per se bad argument.

[Lessons personally learned going back to the 60's and many, many times since, in many contexts including professional endeavors. And amply illustrated in the post-OB-407 debacle in 2012 as well. Lessons for those who desire to effectively advocate what is fair and make a difference. Lessons to be ignored by those merely in the whine business.]

cherif2100

Mar 1, 2012
Visa Office......
Beirut
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2011/11/21
Doc's Request.
2012 / 07 /10
Nomination.....
2012/10/ 06
AOR Received.
2012 /12 / 19
File Transfer...
2013 to bucharest
Med's Request
2013/09/24
Med's Done....
Interview........
2012/11/21
Passport Req..
2014/04/15
VISA ISSUED...
2014/04/23
LANDED..........
2014/05/14
I understand your frustration and I personally hope I won't be selected, but how else would you do it?

Here are the options:
(A) the current process, where applications are randomly selected who have to prove what they wrote on the form
(B) you would let case workers make the call if people should be requested proof. This opens the doors to discrimination based on nationality, race, social situation,...
(C) Don't do any of this and simply believe everything that an applicant writes in their application.

So what would you like IRCC to do? (C) clearly isn't an option.

Again, I get the frustration, but I can't see what they can do differently.

I would suggest instead of asking everyone randomly selected the full exhausting list of documents... ask more selective documents to the same people or to a bigger number of people, make the length of the process more fair instead of tripling the time for randomly selected people! ( seeing my income tax filled for a full time job during the 4 years wouldn’t satisfy their concerns!! Instead I ended up sending them around 300 papers to proof to them that I didn’t escape the country during my eligibility period!!)

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I would suggest instead of asking everyone randomly selected the full exhausting list of documents... ask more selective documents to the same people or to a bigger number of people, make the length of the process more fair instead of tripling the time for randomly selected people! ( seeing my income tax filled for a full time job during the 4 years wouldn’t satisfy their concerns!! Instead I ended up sending them around 300 papers to proof to them that I didn’t escape the country during my eligibility period!!)
The whole point is that they want to check if your story is consistent across the board. It is easy to file a Canadian tax return even if you live on the moon. It is easy to have a Canadian drivers licence even if you live on the moon. It is easy to claim you worked for some restaurant in Toronto that went out of business even if you live on the moon.

But if you lived on the moon, you will have a hard time to collect ALL of this without any discrepancies between employment records, your personal references, your IDs and your tax history. That's the idea: They want to see if your story is consistent to the T. Checking a single fact/selective documents wouldn't really be quality assurance.

Also, the time isn't being tripled. So far there are no reports that QA applications went overboard with the processing time.

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
I'm curious to know if anyone who has had to go down the quality assurance route has had to provide entry/exit records for the US? I travel between 1 and 3 times a week to the US as part of my job as a truck diver and in the past 5 years will have hundreds of trips and as a result of that am currently in the long wait for an FBI criminal record check because I've had over 183 days there.
I'm wondering what I'll do if they chose me for quality assurance once I apply, as the entry into Canada is deemed an exit record for the US side and vice versa, when you drive over the border you only stop at the customs of the country you are entering, not the one you are leaving. I've checked my US entries and exits on their website and it doesn't seem accurate at all. There are lots of double entries into the US with no exit to Canada in between, suggesting that the Canadian border guard didn't scan my PR card in to the system or such like on the return to Canada between the two trips into the US in question.
On my physical presence calculator all my dates are 100% correct as per my drivers log book so are accurate, but if Canada customs for whatever reason haven't swiped my card in on some occasions to show my entry into the country on their system, what am I supposed to do about that?
Just a hypothetical question as I haven't even mailed my application yet, I just don't want to be caught on the back foot should the worst happen and a QA request heads my way in the future.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I'm curious to know if anyone who has had to go down the quality assurance route has had to provide entry/exit records for the US?
All those who have provided details about what they received report getting a consent form allowing IRCC to directly access their U.S. travel history. So no, they are not required to provide U.S. records but rather IRCC gets those directly from the U.S.

Reactions: robinhood_1984