+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Qualified Job Offer

Mar 22, 2018
Hi All, I have a visa and an open work permit. Realizing that I have a open work permit, my employer ABC India gave me a job offer/transfer to ABC Canada so that they can retain me. (I am using ABC to mask my employers name) In this scenario, will the job offer/transfer letter provided to me by my employer be considered a qualified job offer in express entry? Can I claim the points for the qualified job offer on the basis of this letter?

Mar 22, 2018
Then the answer is no, you do not have a valid job offer yet.
If ABC Canada HR is willing to put in writing a letter that they will be retaining me in the same role with current pay even after I receive my PR, will that then be considered a valid job offer? If not, what can they do if they want to retain me and also support me to get my PR?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Assuming you'll be working on an ICT permit you need to work for them for a year (assuming full-time basis) before even thinking on claiming points for a valid job offer.

Mar 22, 2018
Assuming you'll be working on an ICT permit you need to work for them for a year (assuming full-time basis) before even thinking on claiming points for a valid job offer.
I do not have a ICT permit, I have an open work permit (because my spouse is on ICT), so if I work for them for a year on full time basis and secure a letter like that, i can claim points for qualified job offer?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not have a ICT permit, I have an open work permit (because my spouse is on ICT), so if I work for them for a year on full time basis and secure a letter like that, i can claim points for qualified job offer?
Then the answer is no, you cannot claim those points while working on an open work permit.