+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Qualification required for Internal Auditor

Amo_sap

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
Hello Friends,

I am from India and I have 5 yrs of Internal Audit Experience across Accounting firms and companies. I did my MBA (Finance) from India and perusing Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).

Whenever i checked any Internal Auditor related profile in Canada, what they say is Candidate should have CA, CGA or CMA and CIA is an asset.

I am really concerned will i get Internal auditor jobs initially? Do they reject applications if candidate is not CA, CGA or CMA?

I understand that i need to upgrade myself by completing CA or CMA or CGA, which i will be applying soon, However i am really tensed whether at least initially would get a internal auditor job or not? :(

Any experience or thoughts are really appreciated and helpful

Regards,
Amos

Amo_sap

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
Amo_sap said:
Hello Friends,

I am from India and I have 5 yrs of Internal Audit Experience across Accounting firms and companies. I did my MBA (Finance) from India and perusing Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).

Whenever i checked any Internal Auditor related profile in Canada, what they say is Candidate should have CA, CGA or CMA and CIA is an asset.

I am really concerned will i get Internal auditor jobs initially? Do they reject applications if candidate is not CA, CGA or CMA?

I understand that i need to upgrade myself by completing CA or CMA or CGA, which i will be applying soon, However i am really tensed whether at least initially would get a internal auditor job or not? :(

Any experience or thoughts are really appreciated and helpful

Regards,
Amos

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Let me say upfront, I don't know the answers to most of your questions, but I see you need help, so I will try.

I did a job search for "Internal Auditor" on www.monster.ca, one of the popular job websites in Canada. Here is a sample of what I found:

http://jobview.monster.ca/Internal-Auditor-Job-Ottawa-Gatineau-ON-CA-120093975.aspx

It will give you the job qualifications and requirements. CIA wasn't listed, but some of the others were. However, that is just one of many listings!

My advice would be to search more closely for jobs in your target city and see what they offer on a broad scale.

Sorry I can't be more help. Hopefully someone else with better experience will have a suggestion.

Amo_sap

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
Thanks amikety for taking time out and doing some research for me!!
Can anybody working in the same field answer my questions??

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Have you been to this website yet? http://www.auditingcanada.com/home?lang=en

Parama

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
I cleared CA in nov 2010 and have about 3 years of post qualification experience and about 2 years of Pre qualification experience in the field of risk management and internal controls. Could you please guide me what certification I require to work in Canada

Thank you
Parama

bobocan

Mar 11, 2016
Amos,

If your resume is interesting enough for the companies you are applying, they will call you for interviews. In Canada, there is no CA, CMA, CGA anymore, just one CPA designation now.

bobocan

Mar 11, 2016
I cleared CA in nov 2010 and have about 3 years of post qualification experience and about 2 years of Pre qualification experience in the field of risk management and internal controls. Could you please guide me what certification I require to work in Canada

Thank you
Parama
Depends what you want to do. If you want to work in public accounting, you need CPA, or at least in the program.