+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Qualification and nature of job totally diff.

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
Hi,
I have a doubt. My qualification and nature of Jo are totally different. That is, I have done my Graduation in Chemistry followed by Post Graduate Diploma in HR. But my job role was mostly into customer service and administrative role.
Does that make me ineligible for EE. Is there any link between the two.
Pls advice.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ichowdhury said:
Hi,
I have a doubt. My qualification and nature of Jo are totally different. That is, I have done my Graduation in Chemistry followed by Post Graduate Diploma in HR. But my job role was mostly into customer service and administrative role.
Does that make me ineligible for EE. Is there any link between the two.
Pls advice.
They don't have to be related. My degree is in Opera Performance. My job is as a literary agent for screenwriters and directors. No problem.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, it doesn't. Even if someone is claiming work experience in a specialized domain, say hedge fund analyst, with a Masters in Rehabilitative Studies, for instance, that would be odd and certainly questionable but still mot make them ineligible for EE provided their education and work experience were both legitimate.

jamal ahamed a

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/4/2015
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
attached with application
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
MBA IELTS Cut off

Hello,

I am doing my MBA in HR and i would like to know whether i have to get 8 in IELTS to get through ?

Jamal Ahamed A

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: MBA IELTS Cut off

jamal ahamed a said:
Hello,

I am doing my MBA in HR and i would like to know whether i have to get 8 in IELTS to get through ?

Jamal Ahamed A
No such eligibility requirement. Basic FSW eligibility requirement is to have 6 in each section of IELTS.

jamal ahamed a

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/4/2015
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
attached with application
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Asivad Anac said:
No such eligibility requirement. Basic FSW eligibility requirement is to have 6 in each section of IELTS.
Thanks for your reply, But my consultant was asking me to have this as the basic cut off to get the process done.

shubhang_18

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Hi i have DONE MBA and bSC It.. my job code is 2171 which is in software line and my BSC in IT matches that.. but my question is that will my MBA be counted by CIC and wil i get points for masters degree (WES will validate by MBA also).. Currently i have only validated by BSC IT coz my agent told that i wont get points for MBA so he did not allowed me to get my WES for MBA.

as this group is about Qualification and nature of job different i fall in same case. can any one guide..will i get points for masters ? should i get my MBA degree validated from wes and update profiel? though my nature of job is of IT.

Regards

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shubhang_18 said:
Hi i have DONE MBA and bSC It.. my job code is 2171 which is in software line and my BSC in IT matches that.. but my question is that will my MBA be counted by CIC and wil i get points for masters degree (WES will validate by MBA also).. Currently i have only validated by BSC IT coz my agent told that i wont get points for MBA so he did not allowed me to get my WES for MBA.

as this group is about Qualification and nature of job different i fall in same case. can any one guide..will i get points for masters ? should i get my MBA degree validated from wes and update profiel? though my nature of job is of IT.

Regards
Ask your consultant to get a new job. Get your MBA assessed by WES to claim much required additional points if it is assessed as equivalent to Canadian Masters.

shubhang_18

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Ask your consultant to get a new job. Get your MBA assessed by WES to claim much required additional points if it is assessed as equivalent to Canadian Masters.
hi asivad thanks for increasing confidence..but my agent was telling that coz ur masters is in different field so cic wont consider that ..how far it is ture? coz in my occupation in desired education there is no mention of MBA in webiste of HRDC of canada. should i go ahead and get my wes evaluated for MBA...are u sure..? coz if it works out for me that it will be great booster of points... kindly advice

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
shubhang_18 said:
hi asivad thanks for increasing confidence..but my agent was telling that coz ur masters is in different field so cic wont consider that ..how far it is ture? coz in my occupation in desired education there is no mention of MBA in webiste of HRDC of canada. should i go ahead and get my wes evaluated for MBA...are u sure..? coz if it works out for me that it will be great booster of points... kindly advice
You need to understand how this thing works first.
1. For job experience the points are awarded separately.
2. For your WES assessed qualifications the points are awarded separately.

Both are separate things. It seems your agent is trying fool you and scare you into parting money. EE is so simple that you really don't need an agent to get you through it. Most of the people here have not used an agent and still scored a PPR. Then again its your personal choice.

You can calculate your score yourself by inputting your data in the CRS tool on the CIC website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
Thank you so much friends for the inputs. This gives me a clear idea that job and educational qualification are 2 different aspects of ranking system. So even if I have degree in field 'A' and work in totally different field 'Z', I am still eligible for EE provided all other credentials are met.
This gives me so much confidence to proceed further with the process.

shubhang_18

Star Member
May 30, 2015
cartwright said:
You need to understand how this thing works first.
1. For job experience the points are awarded separately.
2. For your WES assessed qualifications the points are awarded separately.

Both are separate things. It seems your agent is trying fool you and scare you into parting money. EE is so simple that you really don't need an agent to get you through it. Most of the people here have not used an agent and still scored a PPR. Then again its your personal choice.

You can calculate your score yourself by inputting your data in the CRS tool on the CIC website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

thank you so much mr cart and asviad for such info...thks a lot

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Is probation period would be count as my working experience?
My offer letter says 3 months period on probation from date of joining....
Seeking help