+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QSW Questions

aj_1990

Aug 27, 2020
Hi All!

I am planning to apply for QSW within Canada with my spouse. I am currently working with an SOWP, and I want to ask the company that I'm currently working with for a validated job offer.

I am trying to find some answers before asking them to do this for me - just to make sure I actually will have enough points after that.

1. Education: I have Bachelor's Degree from Turkey in English Language Teaching. The diploma I have is not recognized in Canada and QSW point calculators don't exactly have the this field of study. Can I still get 10 points for education and 6 for education domain points from this as I can technically teach at secondary level in Turkey with my diploma? Also, do I need to get credential recognition to be able to get these points?

2. Validated Job Offer: in a website about immigration, I saw "if occupation is regulated in QC, the candidate must be licensed to practice". Although I don't think that it is, how can I check it? It is a NOC C desk job that doesn't really require much "dedicated" education, but it is always better to be sure in advance.

3. Spouse's Education: my husband has both a Sociology Bachelor's Degree from Turkey (again not recognized in Canada) and Graphic Design for the Web AEC from Quebec. Which should we choose for the most points? Sociology is not available in choices, and we are not sure what to choose for AEC.

If you have previously worked with a lawyer for this and can recommend someone, that would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read and reply!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi All!

I am planning to apply for QSW within Canada with my spouse. I am currently working with an SOWP, and I want to ask the company that I'm currently working with for a validated job offer.

I am trying to find some answers before asking them to do this for me - just to make sure I actually will have enough points after that.

1. Education: I have Bachelor's Degree from Turkey in English Language Teaching. The diploma I have is not recognized in Canada and QSW point calculators don't exactly have the this field of study. Can I still get 10 points for education and 6 for education domain points from this as I can technically teach at secondary level in Turkey with my diploma? Also, do I need to get credential recognition to be able to get these points?

2. Validated Job Offer: in a website about immigration, I saw "if occupation is regulated in QC, the candidate must be licensed to practice". Although I don't think that it is, how can I check it? It is a NOC C desk job that doesn't really require much "dedicated" education, but it is always better to be sure in advance.

3. Spouse's Education: my husband has both a Sociology Bachelor's Degree from Turkey (again not recognized in Canada) and Graphic Design for the Web AEC from Quebec. Which should we choose for the most points? Sociology is not available in choices, and we are not sure what to choose for AEC.

If you have previously worked with a lawyer for this and can recommend someone, that would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read and reply!
Please stay away from Quebec. Current government here can't be trusted with immigration. Those in PR stage are suffering from their quota choking policy. No one from mid July 2019 has got even an Acknowledgement of Receipt for their application. Hordes of people are leaving for other provinces and applying for EE.

aj_1990

Aug 27, 2020
Please stay away from Quebec. Current government here can't be trusted with immigration. Those in PR stage are suffering from their quota choking policy. No one from mid July 2019 has got even an Acknowledgement of Receipt for their application. Hordes of people are leaving for other provinces and applying for EE.
I'm already here and working :( because I have NOC C job only, I don't think I have enough points for EE :(