+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QSW application in process, how to bridge my stay in Canada ?

pineapple_tee

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have sent my federal application for the QSW since May 2, 2013. My partner is a dependent.
Our current status here are:
My partner: student, recently graduated
Me: open work permit, as a dependent of my partner.

Our temporary visa are due to expire on Jan 30, 2014

So, on Sep 29, 2013, I've applied to extend my stay as a worker to bridge the gap until the result of the federal application. I applied as the main applicant and my partner the dependent. What happened is, the CIC issued a post graduate work permit for my partner but refused the work permit for me. We did not actually apply for a graduate work permit and I was the main applicant. They gave him the work permit as a dependent and not me because they said I need a LMO. I do not have this because I initially came on an open work permit and I did not think I needed this since I already have a CSQ and my PR is in process.

What options am I left with? My federal application is in process, does that mean I can't work after Jan 30, 2014 and I have to leave Canada?

I thought I read somewhere that if I have an application already being processed, I am allowed to stay and work until a final decision is given by CIC. Can anyone help please?