+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QQ: get an ITA from OINP - Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream - but am I eligible to apply?

wtao09

Jan 19, 2024
So I got an ITA from OINP - Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream, but when reviewing the criteria and documents needed to prepare, I was not sure if I would be eligible to apply. (and ITA advised me to submit applications within 14 calendar days)

Hope anyone can help address
my questions below (the first 3 and last questions are the most important and hope anyone can advise and help!!!!!!!!)

QQs:
1. Saw required min 2 yrs experience. But as of now, I only have 1 yr 8 months of full-time experience, does this mean I could not apply?
i.e., The 2 years of experience must be met when you submit the application, not when they process your application.

To meet the work experience requirement, you must have at least two years of cumulative paid full-time work experience (or the equivalent in paid part-time work) in the same occupation (same National Occupational Classification code) as your job offer.
You must have gained this work experience within the five years prior to the date you submit your application, not the date you received the invitation to apply. If your work experience was gained in Canada, you must have been legally living and working in Canada.
Cumulative means the work you’ve done must add up to two years – it does not have to be two years of continuous work.
Full-time work experience means working in a job with at least 30 hours of paid work in a week that amounts to at least 3,120 hours of paid work over a two-year period. "
- Then in my case, I worked 37.5 hrs/week since 5/31/2022. As of today (1 yr 8 months), should be 85 weeks already which sums to 37.5 * 85 = 3187.5 hrs > 3120 hrs. Would this be sufficient to show I could be satisfied with the 2 ys of experience?​

2. The employer document includes the Employer form, if the HR/employer is not willing to provide or able to provide it before the DDL, does that mean I could not apply?

3. I started work on
5/31/2022, when would be the time I meet with 2 years of experience? Would it be May 2024, or Apr 2024?

4. The job offer requirement needs to satisfy the median wage requirement.
  • For this requirement, if my job offer title (Credit Risk Analyst) is different from the NOC code title (HR advised my job should be with NOC code - 11101- Financial and Investment Analyst, Teer 1), which should I follow to ensure I could meet the median wage requirement?
  • If not meet the requirement, what collective agreement document might be sufficient to support this requirement?

5. Suppose I fail the above 3 conditions I mentioned above, then it means I could not submit the application for Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream and would be removed from the pool ??
  • Then if I still want to express my EOI, it's better to wait for min of 2 yrs experience (i.e., April or May 2024 for example?) and other conditions to re-apply for the EOI??

Above are the 5 questions I have, and hope anyone could advise any or more of them!!!!! Super important!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!

Side notes for my current profile conditions:
- Working since 5/31/2022, currently working experience in Ontario for 1 yr 8 months
- Job offer title: (Sr) Credit Risk Analyst, but the HR previously advised my job to be within NOC Code - 11101- Financial and Investment Analyst, Teer 1
- English test result - IELTS, 8.5/7/7/8 tested on Nov 2023, almost the highest requirement (6 pts to the full score)

1. My OINP EOI system profile conditions:
- registered for the EOI system - Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream (EOI score - 50) -- got an ITA on 1/19/2024
- registered for the EOI system - Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream (EOI score - 81)

2. My EE profile condition:
- CRS score - 468; if satisfy the 2yrs of experience in April/May this year, get additional 25 pts ----> April/May 2024, CRS to be updated to 493

Last edited: