+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

qatar to canada work as a live in caregiver

daretodream

Sep 20, 2018
Hi everyone

I am currently working here in Qatar and already have approved LMIA. My sponsor in Canada will send the documents here for me to submit to Canadian Embassy for application of my working permit as a live-in Caregiver. I would like to ask if anyone here already had their experience same as mine? What are the steps and advisable ways to do for it. Thank you in advance.

rml

Jan 25, 2019
Hi everyone

I am currently working here in Qatar and already have approved LMIA. My sponsor in Canada will send the documents here for me to submit to Canadian Embassy for application of my working permit as a live-in Caregiver. I would like to ask if anyone here already had their experience same as mine? What are the steps and advisable ways to do for it. Thank you in advance.
Hi daretodream,

Were you able to submit your application?
I have a sister in Abu Dhabi who will be applying for a work permit (in Home Caregiver) and I am confuse about the requirements stated in the work permit Instruction of the visa office, there is no requirement specifically stated under In home Caregiver only Live in Caregiver. I believe
Live in caregiver program is already closed for application. Is inhome requirements same as live in caregiver?

thanks

rml

Jan 25, 2019
[/QUOTE

Thanks for your reply. Are you under the NOC 4411 _in Home Caregiver as well? When you said the requirements are the same, do you mean we have to follow the requirements for the live-in caregiver program on listed on this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5894E.pdf

Also I have 2 specific questions:

1. Did you provide Ielts/ proof of English proficency?
2. My sister's passport will expire next year, does she need to renew? The instruction says:
  • Passports or travel documents must be valid for at least one month after you intend to leave Canada.

Thanks again so much! Did you submit your application already?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi daretodream,

Were you able to submit your application?
I have a sister in Abu Dhabi who will be applying for a work permit (in Home Caregiver) and I am confuse about the requirements stated in the work permit Instruction of the visa office, there is no requirement specifically stated under In home Caregiver only Live in Caregiver. I believe
Live in caregiver program is already closed for application. Is inhome requirements same as live in caregiver?

thanks
Is your sister trying to become your live-in caretaker? Getting approved to work for a family member can be very hard because there was previously a lot of fraud.