+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Q&A for Post E-AOR, LVO, PPR, Updates, Post-Landing & Networking

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
I was not in touch with you guys for a long time due to my Health Issues and this resulted in backlogs of such a huge Questions bank that I have finally answered.

Therefore, I am starting a new forum to answer your additional questions related to changes in IRCC programs, Local Visa Office Backlogs, PPR, Post-Landing and most importantly using this forum as a one-window thread for all your questions.

The benefit for asking questions here will be that you will always get answers from experts and someone will always be able to help you.

Networking is key to success in Canada and it is important that all of you remain active after getting PPR and Post-Landing as this is when you need experts advice.

So, we are ready to go with a new chapter in this Forum. I will keep posting some special reports that will cover the official responses of IRCC as I have uploaded in the past.

Thank you all for your support and love.

Bill Hyatt

Cheers!

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
SR_01 (Special Report # 1) Immigration Policy of IRCC

IRCC has developed a policy to sustain an economy of Canada and to create a more skilled workforce for the growing industries. This means IRCC will be expecting more immigrants each year and the expected growth rate of new immigrants to be above 10% in the next 3 years.

However, this will result in the unbalanced economy throughout Canada as it will give choice to applicants to decide where they will settle. To control this IRCC has made it clear that the increase in new immigrants will now be more dependable on PNP route and the provinces will now have a greater share in Overall quotas of the new immigrants.

This will generate higher revenues for provinces and will also mean skilled workers are accepted according to there demand rather than points. To achieve this IRCC is planning to open new routes for Highly-Demanded Skills workers especially targeting IT professionals moving from the USA and allowing companies to sponsor workers through Job-Offer routes.

In addition, from next year the scores of rounds are expected to increase to encourage more applicants to consider the PNP route and asking Provinces to ease rules and providing more options to immigrate.

The conversation with Immigration officers also highlighted that IRCC is focused on conversion of PR to Citizens and that most of our resources are utilised to reduce the processing times for them. Once that phase is completed we will start processing more files in Canada for PR and that will mean most of the applications will be processed within 6 months.

So in conclusion, the future of PR application will mean more immigrants (350,000+ per year), more PNP quotas, Employer Sponsor routes, and reduced processing time.

Good Luck!

Next Report will be on the London Visa Office and the responses will be official. So stay tuned.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
SR_01 (Special Report # 1) Immigration Policy of IRCC

IRCC has developed a policy to sustain an economy of Canada and to create a more skilled workforce for the growing industries. This means IRCC will be expecting more immigrants each year and the expected growth rate of new immigrants to be above 10% in the next 3 years.

However, this will result in the unbalanced economy throughout Canada as it will give choice to applicants to decide where they will settle. To control this IRCC has made it clear that the increase in new immigrants will now be more dependable on PNP route and the provinces will now have a greater share in Overall quotas of the new immigrants.

This will generate higher revenues for provinces and will also mean skilled workers are accepted according to there demand rather than points. To achieve this IRCC is planning to open new routes for Highly-Demanded Skills workers especially targeting IT professionals moving from the USA and allowing companies to sponsor workers through Job-Offer routes.

In addition, from next year the scores of rounds are expected to increase to encourage more applicants to consider the PNP route and asking Provinces to ease rules and providing more options to immigrate.

The conversation with Immigration officers also highlighted that IRCC is focused on conversion of PR to Citizens and that most of our resources are utilised to reduce the processing times for them. Once that phase is completed we will start processing more files in Canada for PR and that will mean most of the applications will be processed within 6 months.

So in conclusion, the future of PR application will mean more immigrants (350,000+ per year), more PNP quotas, Employer Sponsor routes, and reduced processing time.

Good Luck!

Next Report will be on the London Visa Office and the responses will be official. So stay tuned.
Thanks for this wonderful report. I searched all your previous threads and found them an incredible source of information. If you don't mind me asking, in what capacity do you interact with IRCC to get these types of responses?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thanks for this wonderful report. I searched all your previous threads and found them an incredible source of information. If you don't mind me asking, in what capacity do you interact with IRCC to get these types of responses?
Canada is known for the most open in providing information in almost any cases. You just need to build a good case report and then contact the relative ministry and they will get back to you. Although, they always reject to answer a particular case but will try to give you an overall picture.

In addition, to get figures you will need to contact the open data analysts and they will be so nice to give you the data designed in a way you need.

The above report is based on the ministry of immigration recent press releases and replies of some questions I sent them. If you are contacting them then do consider that it will take 2 months or more before getting a reply so don't send another email within this time.

I hope this will help.

Reactions: pizzaboy99

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Canada is known for the most open in providing information in almost any cases. You just need to build a good case report and then contact the relative ministry and they will get back to you. Although, they always reject to answer a particular case but will try to give you an overall picture.

In addition, to get figures you will need to contact the open data analysts and they will be so nice to give you the data designed in a way you need.

The above report is based on the ministry of immigration recent press releases and replies of some questions I sent them. If you are contacting them then do consider that it will take 2 months or more before getting a reply so don't send another email within this time.

I hope this will help.
Dear Bill,
Thank you for taking time to ask these questions to IRCC and informing us in this forum regularly.

I have some concerns. My AOR is 12th June and gcms notes shows recommend passed on 18th July but still in IP1 without any sort of update (124 days). Do you know why processing time of express entry files have increased a lot compare to the last year's processing time for the same period? I mean last year, even the beginning of this year we have seen bulk of the cases were processed within 100 days but now from April it is taking more than 120 days to finalize an application. Moreover cases tagged as "eligibility(i.e work,pof) review required" are taking up to a year (no less than 6 months)! I am afraid IRCC is going back to pre express entry backlog files situation slowly.
Any comments?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Dear Bill,
Thank you for taking time to ask these questions to IRCC and informing us in this forum regularly.

I have some concerns. My AOR is 12th June and gcms notes shows recommend passed on 18th July but still in IP1 without any sort of update (124 days). Do you know why processing time of express entry files have increased a lot compare to the last year's processing time for the same period? I mean last year, even the beginning of this year we have seen bulk of the cases were processed within 100 days but now from April it is taking more than 120 days to finalize an application. Moreover cases tagged as "eligibility(i.e work,pof) review required" are taking up to a year (no less than 6 months)! I am afraid IRCC is going back to pre express entry backlog files situation slowly.
Any comments?
Yes, that's true. The major reason is that IRCC has diverted resources to Refugees and Citizenship applications and want to seriously complete these files on the priority basis. Despite backlogs, IRCC has confirmed that they don't have any intentions to increase the number of analysts for PR applications and they are satisfied that most of the applications are processed within 6 months.

However, once Refugees and Citizenships backlogs are over I am hopeful that IRCC will start to process more applications within Canada and this will improve the processing times.

They are also implementing new processing systems so that the initial stages are automatically verified and that will save more time. However, the system requires some time to be completely implemented and it is also challenging to resolve initial problems caused due to new systems.

In conclusion, from next year the backlogs will start to reduce and most of the applications will be processed within 6 months.