+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Q:13 - UAE Residence visa not cancelled

Faizan19

May 12, 2015
Hi,

I had work / residence visa for 3 years in my passport. Though, i work only one year then i immigrate here in Canada. I didnt cancel UAE residence / work visa.

Usually, UAE residence / work visa expires in 6 months if you dont travel. I did travel to UAE but i got visit visa instead of using this residence visa.

Now. On Q:13 of citizenship form what expiry date should i put One year working OR three years validity visa on passport.

Please help.

Thanks.

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Hi,

I had work / residence visa for 3 years in my passport. Though, i work only one year then i immigrate here in Canada. I didnt cancel UAE residence / work visa.

Usually, UAE residence / work visa expires in 6 months if you dont travel. I did travel to UAE but i got visit visa instead of using this residence visa.

Now. On Q:13 of citizenship form what expiry date should i put One year working OR three years validity visa on passport.

Please help.

Thanks.

As your work visa was not cancelled then put the expiry date of three years as mentioned on your visa in your passport.

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Thanks. But i never travel on this visa after PR. Should i still write three years period ?

I also did not travel on my previous work visa after coming to Canada. But i still wrote the validity as it was mentioned on the visa stamped in my passport.

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Sorry one more question should it write worker or residence visa ? As i have been working in Canada since then
Which ever is written on your visa If it is a residence permit, write that. If it indicates a work visa then write that. At the time of interview if they in case ask you, you can always tell them that it was issued for three years but you came to Canada and never travelled back on that visa as you no longer worked there. As long as this is the truth, it will never hurt you.

Reactions: Faizan19

Faizan19

May 12, 2015
Which ever is written on your visa If it is a residence permit, write that. If it indicates a work visa then write that. At the time of interview if they in case ask you, you can always tell them that it was issued for three years but you came to Canada and never travelled back on that visa as you no longer worked there. As long as this is the truth, it will never hurt you.
Thank you very much !

RR_11

Apr 13, 2020
Hello. I have a similar situation. The drop down menu has only one description of residence which is 'permanent resident'. The residency visa in the UAE is not the same as the permanent residence status in Canada. It never puts you on the path to citizenship and is associated to work or sponsorship by a family member. Hence, should I still select 'permanent resident' from the drop down menu? or select 'other' and then just write 'resident' in the 'other' field?