Q 11 - home address or company address?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
No it should be residential not company. We are physically located at homes not companies.
You literally just said "I would say company address. Section 10 is for the home address" a second ago and now you say "no it should be residential not company".

To clarify: I don't need the two of us to agree, I am just completely lost what you think.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Malik04Member

#6Today at 6:18 AM
I still think physically located means home address during that work/study period.

That is why I said of course Was for residential. I'm not arguing. Btw thank you for the PCC, I did it.

One people commute to other cities to work that's why they ask this question.

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
I myself worked for the same employer but was working at client locations and they used to change every few years. How should I answer question 11?

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
It doesn't make logical sense to provide your home address again which you have already provided.

I have provided my employers address, because during my job (activity) I am physically present at their office location.

Reactions: spyfy

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
It doesn't make logical sense to provide your home address again which you have already provided.

I have provided my employers address, because during my job (activity) I am physically present at their office location.
Some ppl work in Toronto while living in Mississauga? Should they write Toronto address? Wouldn't be easier to ask to provide the company address? They want to match it with other question in 10a and the filled tax,

I was also unemployed and wrote the same address.. It makes logic sense for sure.

Last edited:

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
I cant connect to IRCC - did someone call and inquire about Q11? - physical location and name of contact?

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
I just asked my friend and he asked someone from inside. It means "where you actuly live when you were employed". I told him are you sure, he said no one in here is sure about anything lol

uma057

Oct 5, 2017
I just asked my friend and he asked someone from inside. It means "where you actuly live when you were employed". I told him are you sure, he said no one in here is sure about anything lol
So if we have lived at multiple addresses then which address do we use or creat multiple rows of same employer name for different home addresses.

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
A lot of people are putting employer address

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
So if we have lived at multiple addresses then which address do we use or creat multiple rows of same employer name for different home addresses.
Trust me no one is sure about this question. But why did they mention " physically located" why not simply address? Why they only required ( number and street name)

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Trust me no one is sure about this question. But why did they mention " physically located" why not simply address? Why they only required ( number and street name)
Actually, we now have a definitive answer. Someone shared this screencap
https://screenshots.firefox.com/CleAv9SiLSvepkC6/www.facebook.com

I verified on the CIC facebook page that this is in fact a genuine post by the official CIC account.

So if
- You lived in Mississauga
- Your company's headquarters are in Calgary
- You worked at the Toronto office of that company

Then you put Mississauga in Question 10 and Toronto in Question 11.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I cant connect to IRCC - did someone call and inquire about Q11? - physical location and name of contact?
See screencap above. The official CIC Facebook account confirmed that it is the physical location of your job, not your home. I trust the person managing that account more than a random call centre agent.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I have no doubt that no one at IRCC really knows what's happening. :)
But my last recommendation is based on the official CIC Facebook which I think is the most reliable source we can get right now. Not that it is very reliable but at least it's better than nothing.

If anything, then them being confused is good news. They will accept either :)