+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PWD and sponsoring

J&DBoyer

Jun 19, 2018
hi! I need so help here as our situation seems to be confusing those I speak to. I am a Canadian born and raised. I am on disability and will be getting married. As I live close to the US border here in BC I will be sponsoring my soon to be Hubby for his permanent residency. But here where we need help. He will be keeping his job in Custer Washington and commuting everyday. Because he will only live here. Not work in Canada and makes more than the cut off amount does that mean my disability income stops when we are married?

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi! I need so help here as our situation seems to be confusing those I speak to. I am a Canadian born and raised. I am on disability and will be getting married. As I live close to the US border here in BC I will be sponsoring my soon to be Hubby for his permanent residency. But here where we need help. He will be keeping his job in Custer Washington and commuting everyday. Because he will only live here. Not work in Canada and makes more than the cut off amount does that mean my disability income stops when we are married?

Thank you
Hi

He will still be required to file taxes in Canada. If disability is based on family income and he makes more than the cut-off, then yes, your benefit would stop.