+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Put in wrong NOC of 1431 instead of 1311

ayeshafazal

Nov 28, 2013
I just received a letter from the government stating that they refused my CEC application because the code i provided isnt eligible under it. I put down 1431 as my duties came under that category but they also could be classified under 1311 which was eligible around the time that i applied. I can get a letter from my employer stating as such and listing my main duties as well. I just wanted to ask if there is anything more i should add in and if it would be enough to get them to re open my application as Accounting technician and bookkeepers is a category that they are not longer accepting people under so i dont have the option of re applying.

I also sent in my application for the OBWP around the start of November and was wondering if the refusal would mean them refusing my work permit as well or if that is just based on me getting my AOR which i received in Feb 2013.

Here is the email i received:

Dear Ayesha Fazal:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

temporary resident status during the period of work experience in Canada and any period of full time study or training,
meeting the minimum language proficiency threshold in either English or French, and
qualifying Canadian skilled work experience.
Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada:

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirements. A foreign national is a member of the Canadian Experience Class if the person has acquired, within the 3 years before the application, at least one year of full-time work experience in one or more occupations that are listed in Skill Type O Management occupations, or Skill level A or B of the National Occupational Classification Matrix. Your work experience since September 29, 2008 with the Brock University Student Union has been as an accounting clerk, NOC 1431. The skill level associated with NOC 1431 is Level C.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Yours sincerely,

Case Officer - JM7566

Peaceful

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I'm not sure if you can make them re-open the file but obviously worth a try... Unfortunately your BOWP will be refused based on your CEC application being rejected.

I made a similar mistake too, for which I'm too scared...

I sent my application with NOC 1231, which was the previous code (2006 website) and I just recently noticed that it got changed to 1311...

The only difference between our situation is my code was still NOC B level (1231) and it qualifies under CEC. But is it possible that they can still reject my application as yours saying wrong NOC code???

I applied on Jan 21 and haven't heared anything apart from AOR...

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
This is very unfortunate Ayesha, but currently 1311 and 1411 both NOC codes became ineligible for CEC program.
You should check out other programs like PNP or FSW.

ayeshafazal

Nov 28, 2013
I applied in January 2013, received AOR in February and just got the refusal letter today. I've talked to a few people and they're saying i should be able to email them and ask them to re-open the case and jsut state that i wasnt aware that 1431 wasnt eligible but my job is eligible under 1311 as well and as they just discontinued it and were still accepting applications when i applied i should be okay on that front. My employer has given me a letter stating my duties as well and signed it. I was thinking of just scanning and attaching it to the email. She's willing to talk to them to confirm my duties as well.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
I would say you can pursue if you want to, but ready a backup immigration plan too.

Because it was your mistake, that you chose a wrong NOC. Not a lot can be done.

Think about all the applicants who got a negative response, emailing CIC by saying "plz consider the other NOC-abcd, cause my duties match with that Noc too".

You can write an email to them, and try to have them re-consider/re-open your file. But the chance of a positive outcome is, almost zero.

It is just sad that, they took almost 10 months, to find out your NOC belongs to Skill lvl-C.