+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Purpose of Visit/Travel (Return Flight Ticket)

adityakulkarni1990

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Hi Friends,

My father has applied for his TRV. He had a Canada visa (TRV) with him in the past but got expired due to passport expiration.

For the purpose of the visit, I am planning to include his return flight ticket but I am not planning to buy an actual flight ticket. Instead, I am planning to use an online service to book the return flight itinerary. Now, I am confused if I use any fake itinerary generator service or use paid service to generate an itinerary (But, I think it can be held for 48 hrs only).

Please suggest any alternatives where I can hold the tickets for 1-2 months and the visa officer can verify it with the PNR number mentioned on itinerary.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You don't even need to have faked tickets or held reservations. Just a printout from an airline's website showing the approximate cost for the dates you're proposing. They are more interested in the cost and your father's ability to pay for it than an actual reservation number.

They don't verify PNRs.

Reactions: adityakulkarni1990

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hi Friends,

My father has applied for his TRV. He had a Canada visa (TRV) with him in the past but got expired due to passport expiration.

For the purpose of the visit, I am planning to include his return flight ticket but I am not planning to buy an actual flight ticket. Instead, I am planning to use an online service to book the return flight itinerary. Now, I am confused if I use any fake itinerary generator service or use paid service to generate an itinerary (But, I think it can be held for 48 hrs only).

Please suggest any alternatives where I can hold the tickets for 1-2 months and the visa officer can verify it with the PNR number mentioned on itinerary.
Technically, Immigration/Visa Officer aren't expecting applicants to purchase flight ticket before their visa application is approved. IRCC only require a provisional reservation, showing what flight and city, date of departure, any stop-over, and likely departure date. This is to demonstrate that the trip is well plan and reasonable. So, an online reservation with PNR number, that will be cancelled if no payment is made will be fine. Even, when it's cancelled, the airline always have your reservation in their database for some weeks/month. For example, if you're requesting for 10 days visit visa and booked 6 months return ticket. It implies, you're not a genuine visitor.

Reactions: adityakulkarni1990