+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Purpose of Travel - Super Visa - 2021

ramsha_31

Apr 11, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have gathered all the documents for super visa application and planning to apply soon (for my mother). However, I am kinda stuck at the purpose of travel document. Is it suppose to be a letter from the parent's side? The instructions says the following:

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:
  • Your flight ticket departing Canada,
  • Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
  • Proof of a medical appointment.

Due to pandemic, there won't be much sightseeing or tourism done (so no hotel bookings etc). She will be visiting to spend time with the family here and that's pretty much it. I have gone through other threads, but most of them were discussed before the pandemic started and at this point I am not sure what can I add. Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Reactions: crackMBA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have gathered all the documents for super visa application and planning to apply soon (for my mother). However, I am kinda stuck at the purpose of travel document. Is it suppose to be a letter from the parent's side? The instructions says the following:

A scanned copy of:
  • Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),

Due to pandemic, there won't be much sightseeing or tourism done (so no hotel bookings etc). She will be visiting to spend time with the family here and that's pretty much it. I have gone through other threads, but most of them were discussed before the pandemic started and at this point I am not sure what can I add. Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Be honest. Just say that she wants to visit her family. You only need to give proof of a flight itinerary. Don’t buy tickets before approval.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi everyone,

A scanned copy of:

Thanks,
Hi
Did you hear anything from IRCC. I am also looking to apply for my parents super visa.
Thank you

cheeku1210

Apr 16, 2019
Hi Guys I am going to apply Super visa for my Mother. She already have visitor visa and stayed in canada almost 2 year with valid visitor record document. Now i am going to apply super visa. Please guide me does she needs to do a medical before submitting the file? Second, What should i write in SOP or i can skip SOP ?

ramsha_31

Apr 11, 2021
Hi Guys I am going to apply Super visa for my Mother. She already have visitor visa and stayed in canada almost 2 year with valid visitor record document. Now i am going to apply super visa. Please guide me does she needs to do a medical before submitting the file? Second, What should i write in SOP or i can skip SOP ?
I believe there is a choice for both, you can do upfront or wait until the application is at that step. I am still waiting so may not be the person to answer that,