+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Purpose of travel for reapplication

Coxie

Mar 10, 2017
I was previously denied a visa. One reason stated is purpose of travel.

I plan to reapply soon. Is it worth mentioning in my letter of intent that i have a website where i want to feature Canada?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You must re-evaluate your previous TRV application as a complete package vis-a-vis single refusal reasons. 'Purpose of Visit' and 'Travel History' refusals are very common/in some cases, these are generic reasons if the visa officer doesn't believe someone is a genuine visitor.

Do not reapply in a hurry. Take your time to address the refusal reasons, check if your circumstances have changed since the previous application, include documentation/evidence which would make your case more convincing.

To answer your question (and based on your pm to me):
I would not give the website reason/wanting to feature Canada as the purpose of visit. For this, there's plenty of information available online.

Your Purpose of Visit must answer:
Why do you want to spend a significant amount to visit Canada?

Why not the US/Europe (for example) as your previous travel history was limited to Far East/South East Asia + extremely short visits

Will your employer allow you to take one month off work? Can someone else manage your work responsibilities when you are on holiday? Do you work in a highly-skilled profession i.e. no one else can do your work when you're away?

Cheers

Coxie

Mar 10, 2017
Your Purpose of Visit must answer:
Why do you want to spend a significant amount to visit Canada?

I plan to shorten my stay to 2 weeks.

Why not the US/Europe (for example) as your previous travel history was limited to Far East/South East Asia + extremely short visits

Because i have heard a lot of good things about Canada. Also, it is more budget friendly to travel to Canada than US and Europe considering the currency exchange.

Also, the previous trips were shorter because it was planned late and during the later part of thw year which is usually busy period for my kind of work.

Will your employer allow you to take one month off work? Can someone else manage your work responsibilities when you are on holiday? Do you work in a highly-skilled profession i.e. no one else can do your work when you're away?

Yes, i included a leave form signed by the head of office. I also included a travel authority and a request letter for travel authority stating my reaponsibilities and who will take over my responsibilities while im gone.

I am a government employee in charge of mediation and no one in the office does my work so we actually have to request another personnel from another office to do that while i am away.

Jun 21, 2016
VOs also refused me and following points mentioned.
1) Travel History
2) Purpose of Visit
3) Family Ties in Canada and in country of residence

But I have submitted my Travel History (USA B1/B2 visa, Singapore, UAE and Malaysia)
My purpose of Visit is "Others" and further explained " To present a research paper in Conference"
Hotel Booking (Venue of Conference) and contact information provided.

Please guide me whether i can re-apply immediately or not. Because my conference will held in August.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. Please share the list of documents which you had submitted?

2. Unfortunately, Singapore/Malaysia/UAE do not count as travel history. Only the US B1/B2 will help

3. Do you have family members who live in Canada? In your country of residence?

4. Have you presented similar/same research paper in other countries?

Cheers

Jun 21, 2016
Bryanna said:
Hi,

1. Please share the list of documents which you had submitted?

2. Unfortunately, Singapore/Malaysia/UAE do not count as travel history. Only the US B1/B2 will help

3. Do you have family members who live in Canada? In your country of residence?

4. Have you presented similar/same research paper in other countries?

Cheers
Thanks for the reply. I have presented another paper in USA in 2015, but in Singapore I attended the IMF training program and stay there 15 days. My family members are in residence country not in Canada. may I forward you the travel history?