+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Purpose of Travel - Can it be a pdf with supporting docs

can19cancan

Jun 2, 2019
Dear all

So finally I have managed to write up a purpose of travel document for my dad after the first refusal. I am trying to highlight strong ties to back home.

The question I have is, can we write a purpose of travel letter then pdf it and then enclose on page 3 to 7 the fight tickets, the travel insurance, the wedding card and the property documents. Or does the purpose of travel have to be a word doc?

Any help most appreciated!!

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Dear all

So finally I have managed to write up a purpose of travel document for my dad after the first refusal. I am trying to highlight strong ties to back home.

The question I have is, can we write a purpose of travel letter then pdf it and then enclose on page 3 to 7 the fight tickets, the travel insurance, the wedding card and the property documents. Or does the purpose of travel have to be a word doc?

Any help most appreciated!!
Every document you upload needs to be in pdf format with 4 mb total size restriction.

I wrote purpose..converted to pdf and then attached all the proof documents, for my mom and dad trv, which is approved. Bookmark your documents for easy navigation.

Keep in mind , attaching all proof increase the size of pdf, so use online compression tool.

Reactions: can19cancan

can19cancan

Jun 2, 2019
Every document you upload needs to be in pdf format with 4 mb total size restriction.

I wrote purpose..converted to pdf and then attached all the proof documents, for my mom and dad trv, which is approved. Bookmark your documents for easy navigation.

Keep in mind , attaching all proof increase the size of pdf, so use online compression tool.
Hey Ankur

Could I get your opinion please. I was rejected for family ties and purpose of travel. I have written up a lengthy two page doc for purpose of travel where I have addressed the important reasons my parents will go back. Can I get your opinion what you did. Is it okay to write up 2 pages?

Thanks mate

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Hey Ankur

Could I get your opinion please. I was rejected for family ties and purpose of travel. I have written up a lengthy two page doc for purpose of travel where I have addressed the important reasons my parents will go back. Can I get your opinion what you did. Is it okay to write up 2 pages?

Thanks mate
My parents were denied based on purpose and financial conditon
So i wrote a purpose of letter, stating the intention and declared visa was rejected and then explain why dad and mom will come back and are financially stable, explaning things in points . One to two lines each and attached proof for each point .( max 3 lines, incase explanation is long )
It was also two page application, but the main thing i was told, was to put important points first and to keep the explanation short for those points.
I bookmarked each and every document added to purpose ,for easy navigation.

Last edited:
Reactions: can19cancan

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Can I also ask what info you provided under client info
My dad transferred money from his other bank accounts.
I thought he was denied because of these transactions. So i added his bank statement of all the banks and highlighted the transactions
2. No marriage certificate. So added a request to consider passport and voter id card, that mention mom and dad are married.