+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Purpose of PCC: Immigration purposes other than citizenship OR Residence permit

HopeNannes

Mar 2, 2020
Hello experts,

I am an indian citizen. I am applying for PCC for canada PR under Express Entry FSW program. While filling the application form, i need to choose the Purpose of PCC where i am confused between 2 options:

1. Immigration purposes other than citizenship
2. Residence permit

I understand this question has been raised multiple times earlier and some people are in favour of option-1 while some prefer using option-2
I am re-raising this topic with the hope to get a clear answer.

Please suggest which option shall i choose?

Thank you all in advance for taking the time to read and respond to my post.

Nattgnz

Dec 11, 2018
Hello, please please I need help!!
I have an appointment on March 11 regarding my Permanent Resident card.
I just received a letter from WST-LANDING that If I was sponsored I need to attend to the interview with him, are they talking about a labor sponsor?
As the company I've been working for they did the paperwork for me.
So I'm wondering if I have to be present on the interview with my boss.

Thank you!!

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I am currently staying in India and have never been to Canada before so i believe i should be an Outland applicant, right?
Yes outland applicant. Even am from india. So when I was applying for PCC i choose the Residence permit option. But am inland applicant tho.

HopeNannes

Mar 2, 2020
Yes outland applicant. Even am from india. So when I was applying for PCC i choose the Residence permit option. But am inland applicant tho.
So is that the basic difference between choosing these 2 options?
For inland people they need to choose Residence permit
For outland people they need to choose Immigration purposes other than citizenship

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Hello experts,

I am an indian citizen. I am applying for PCC for canada PR under Express Entry FSW program. While filling the application form, i need to choose the Purpose of PCC where i am confused between 2 options:

1. Immigration purposes other than citizenship
2. Residence permit

I understand this question has been raised multiple times earlier and some people are in favour of option-1 while some prefer using option-2
I am re-raising this topic with the hope to get a clear answer.

Please suggest which option shall i choose?

Thank you all in advance for taking the time to read and respond to my post.
I don't think it matters whether you are an inland or outland applicant. Regarding your options why would you select 1st one ?? You are applying for Permanent Residence in Canada so second option makes sense and is more appropriate.

Reactions: Luvcanada786