+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonology consult to rule out Tuberculosis

Harman142

Jul 16, 2021
Panel physicians are way more stricter than outside doctors/hospitals. That’s why IRCC only have a few accredited clinics and doctors. I have my medical examinations annually for the past 20 years and everything (x-rays, ecg, blood tests, etc.) is normal. But when I applied for my SP in 2018, I was asked to undergo sputum and cardio tests. IOM found a hazy spot in my chest x-ray, even after sputum test came out negative. My blood pressure was above normal (the cardio was cleared before I left). So, I was put on medical surveillance and was required to undergo another x-ray when I reach Canada. When I did my x-ray in Canada, my chest x-ray was clear and the Canadian doctor was even surprised why I was put on medical surveillance. Just sharing my experience.
How can one give sputum if no congestion is there?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
How much time did it take for you to clear sputum test and cardio?
3 months for sputum. Cardio cleared in a month after doing threadmill and stress tests (achieved the fastest settings in the tests without experiencing chest pains. blood pressure and heart rate normal up until 30 mins in the threadmill).

Vini3456

Jun 19, 2021
Did they do bronchoscopy if one is not able to give sputum sample normally?
Hey, they will suggest you to take steam as much as you can, that will help you for your sputum test, that is what the doctor will advise you to do before you come in the morning for sputum sample. In case you are not able to produce sputum, they then suggest two x rays with a gap of 2-3 months, which could take 6 months whereas sputum test and one x ray after the test this process takes 3 months total. I am in a similar situation where I had to give my sputum test,and it will take 6-8 weeks to get the result and then after one month I have to do an x ray again.
just like you even I got an x ray Done but it was normal.IRCC has strict doctors and panel physicians.

Vini3456

Jun 19, 2021
As for your plans to travel, visit the panel physician first if he suggests sputum then you should postpone travel obviously coz they won’t let you go without clearing medical.

Reactions: Harman142

Harman142

Jul 16, 2021
Hey, they will suggest you to take steam as much as you can, that will help you for your sputum test, that is what the doctor will advise you to do before you come in the morning for sputum sample. In case you are not able to produce sputum, they then suggest two x rays with a gap of 2-3 months, which could take 6 months whereas sputum test and one x ray after the test this process takes 3 months total. I am in a similar situation where I had to give my sputum test,and it will take 6-8 weeks to get the result and then after one month I have to do an x ray again.
just like you even I got an x ray Done but it was normal.IRCC has strict doctors and panel physicians.
I have an xray of 2018, can panel physician correlate that with current one and do something, I also passed the medical exam july last year

Harman142

Jul 16, 2021
As for your plans to travel, visit the panel physician first if he suggests sputum then you should postpone travel obviously coz they won’t let you go without clearing medical.
Are you on social media fb or anything like that o want to discuss something about this tb additional tests

Vini3456

Jun 19, 2021
Could be possible,it all depends on what exactly is written on the remedial sheet, usually IRCC does mention what tests are needed

Reactions: Harman142