+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonology consult to rule out Tuberculosis

Harman142

Jul 16, 2021
I had my new medical on July 2, 2021. Previous one was done on July 12, 2020.I was not able to travel due to covid and my medical expired.I already have my student visa. After 10 days the embassy sent me furtherance, I went to hospital next day and doctor told me that you have to meet pulmonologist and gave me a sheet in which it was written exam description : Pulmonology consult to rule out Tuberculosis.What should I do, I have my flight of 21 August 2021.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

I had my new medical on July 2, 2021. Previous one was done on July 12, 2020.I was not able to travel due to covid and my medical expired.I already have my student visa. After 10 days the embassy sent me furtherance, I went to hospital next day and doctor told me that you have to meet pulmonologist and gave me a sheet in which it was written exam description : Pulmonology consult to rule out Tuberculosis.What should I do, I have my flight of 21 August 2021.
1. You don't have a choice, you do the re-medical, if you don't CIC won't issue you a study permit.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
If panel physician gives green flag without tests, will it help?
No. Physician needs to do the test and send report to IRCC. The IRCC's own medical team will review and decide if you passed or not. You will have to wait for IRCC to give you the green light before you travel.

Chances of this happening in time for your scheduled flight is very low. I'll suggest you reschedule your travel plans.

Harman142

Jul 16, 2021
No. Physician needs to do the test and send report to IRCC. The IRCC's own medical team will review and decide if you passed or not. You will have to wait for IRCC to give you the green light before you travel.

Chances of this happening in time for your scheduled flight is very low. I'll suggest you reschedule your travel plans.
How much time will these tests take?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
How much time will these tests take?
No one can tell you.
Usually when there are concerns around TB they might require you to do follow up tests/x-ray in 3 months before clearing you. You'll just have to wait for IRCC to get back to you. You can only hope for the best.

maria61816

Star Member
Mar 28, 2021
have you done sputum test on your first medical? if not, pulmonologist most likely order a sputum test which will take 2-3 months for the result to be available.

Harman142

Jul 16, 2021
I didn't had any TB, also I have done xray from outside doctor which also states that the xray is normal

Nwamaka

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa.
App. Filed.......
May 12
I didn't had any TB, also I have done xray from outside doctor which also states that the xray is normal
Then let us believe the result from IRCC physician won't have any surprise, with that they will let travel.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Panel physicians are way more stricter than outside doctors/hospitals. That’s why IRCC only have a few accredited clinics and doctors. I have my medical examinations annually for the past 20 years and everything (x-rays, ecg, blood tests, etc.) is normal. But when I applied for my SP in 2018, I was asked to undergo sputum and cardio tests. IOM found a hazy spot in my chest x-ray, even after sputum test came out negative. My blood pressure was above normal (the cardio was cleared before I left). So, I was put on medical surveillance and was required to undergo another x-ray when I reach Canada. When I did my x-ray in Canada, my chest x-ray was clear and the Canadian doctor was even surprised why I was put on medical surveillance. Just sharing my experience.

Reactions: Harman142

Harman142

Jul 16, 2021
Panel physicians are way more stricter than outside doctors/hospitals. That’s why IRCC only have a few accredited clinics and doctors. I have my medical examinations annually for the past 20 years and everything (x-rays, ecg, blood tests, etc.) is normal. But when I applied for my SP in 2018, I was asked to undergo sputum and cardio tests. IOM found a hazy spot in my chest x-ray, even after sputum test came out negative. My blood pressure was above normal (the cardio was cleared before I left). So, I was put on medical surveillance and was required to undergo another x-ray when I reach Canada. When I did my x-ray in Canada, my chest x-ray was clear and the Canadian doctor was even surprised why I was put on medical surveillance. Just sharing my experience.

Thank you sharing your experience

Reactions: rogelcorral

Harman142

Jul 16, 2021
How much time did it take for you to clear sputum test and cardio?