+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PTRD

thomasoluu

Nov 23, 2021
Here is my situation.. Am outside Canada and I misplaced my pr card with my Canada driver license. Now am confused about my residency Residency Obligation because am about to apply for PRTD.. here is my story.. I became permanent resident January 2014. I was in Canada from January 2014 to September 2019 but I renew my pr card December 2018 and I got the new pr card January 2019.

I left Canada since December 2019..My new pr card valid until February 2023 but I misplaced the card.is

My question is do I have to count the 730 days from January 2014 or do I have to count the 730 days from January,2019. I need help about this.

Confused about this.

Thanks all.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Here is my situation.. Am outside Canada and I misplaced my pr card with my Canada driver license. Now am confused about my residency Residency Obligation because am about to apply for PRTD.. here is my story.. I became permanent resident January 2014. I was in Canada from January 2014 to September 2019 but I renew my pr card December 2018 and I got the new pr card January 2019.

I left Canada since December 2019..My new pr card valid until February 2023 but I misplaced the card.is

My question is do I have to count the 730 days from January 2014 or do I have to count the 730 days from January,2019. I need help about this.

Confused about this.

Thanks all.
Since you are a landed PR in Canada now more than five years, you count the 730 days going back five years from 'today' (the 'today' of relevance here being when you submit your PRTD app. So eg if today, back to 2016-Nov-23 - and If you were in Canada from November 23, 2016 to September 1, 2019, that is well more than 730 days.

(If it's easier to keep track of, you must be out of Canada less than 1095 days in every five year period - it's the same mathematically as in Canada more than 730 days for any five year period).

Reactions: YVR123

thomasoluu

Nov 23, 2021
Since you are a landed PR in Canada now more than five years, you count the 730 days going back five years from 'today' (the 'today' of relevance here being when you submit your PRTD app. So eg if today, back to 2016-Nov-23 - and If you were in Canada from November 23, 2016 to September 1, 2019, that is well more than 730 days.

(If it's easier to keep track of, you must be out of Canada less than 1095 days in every five year period - it's the same mathematically as in Canada more than 730 days for any five year period).
Thank you!!

thomasoluu

Nov 23, 2021
Thanks @armoured. The problem is Canadian embassy they told me to email all my PRTD application documents to covid19 PRTD email because they are not accepting application online on in person for PRTD for now. Now I do not know how to send my original passport using Email. All my PRTD documents ready just wanna be sure about the original passport.

Have been calling them to ask no one pick my calls they all saying due to Covid 19 we are limited to some services. frustrating.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks @armoured. The problem is Canadian embassy they told me to email all my PRTD application documents to covid19 PRTD email because they are not accepting application online on in person for PRTD for now. Now I do not know how to send my original passport using Email. All my PRTD documents ready just wanna be sure about the original passport.

Have been calling them to ask no one pick my calls they all saying due to Covid 19 we are limited to some services. frustrating.
I do not know specifics about process for PRTD and if it differs but for most other types: you apply first, and when they have approved it, they will send a request for you to submit passport. Read the instructions and I bet this will become clear.

Reactions: YVR123