+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Psychical presence interview

Flavia89

Nov 17, 2022
Hello,

I really need your help as my case is going to hearing and I want to see if it is worth fighting for it or not.

Long story short I forgot to declare 3 trips in my Physical presence calculator and eventually I was invited to an interview. The interview was with the case processing agent and she said I am short in days and do not meet the requirements however when I start a new calculation putting the original date as I signed the application and add the missing trips it says meet the requirements. I mentioned this in the interview and she said that it might be a glitch with the website and she said she will reach out to IT and let me know. It appears that she is confused as well and a new hire. Can you please take a look at my physical presence calculator and let me know if it make sense to you.

I asked her what is the next step and she said judge will decide what to do and I also asked can I withdraw my application before it goes to hearing and she said yes. Please help me to see if this is worth going to hearing or just withdraw my application

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LtB6YdXxiC7xGyyp6
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1br9BgZLNNKFr_wF3kzOkb1Y1inaJBCx6/view?usp=sharing

wink

May 25, 2021
Hello,

I really need your help as my case is going to hearing and I want to see if it is worth fighting for it or not.

Long story short I forgot to declare 3 trips in my Physical presence calculator and eventually I was invited to an interview. The interview was with the case processing agent and she said I am short in days and do not meet the requirements however when I start a new calculation putting the original date as I signed the application and add the missing trips it says meet the requirements. I mentioned this in the interview and she said that it might be a glitch with the website and she said she will reach out to IT and let me know. It appears that she is confused as well and a new hire. Can you please take a look at my physical presence calculator and let me know if it make sense to you.

I asked her what is the next step and she said judge will decide what to do and I also asked can I withdraw my application before it goes to hearing and she said yes. Please help me to see if this is worth going to hearing or just withdraw my application

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1br9BgZLNNKFr_wF3kzOkb1Y1inaJBCx6/view?usp=sharing
You have some kind of proof (passport stamp,etc..) to show that you were back in Canada (from the trips) as you listed here? And you are sure you did not forget any other trips?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

If you do the calculations manually, do you have at least 1095 days as of your application date or not? That's ultimately the question. If you don't, no point moving forward. It's a waste of time.

Flavia89

Nov 17, 2022
yah I am sure I did not forgot any other trips and I put everything in the physical calculator form and it tells me that I meet the requirements.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
yah I am sure I did not forgot any other trips and I put everything in the physical calculator form and it tells me that I meet the requirements.
I'm saying you need to do the calculation manually without relying on the calculator. If you do the math manually, do you have enough days?

Flavia89

Nov 17, 2022
I am confused! does it mean the physical calculator is wrong! if this is the case I can fight in the court since all applicants rely on the physical calculator to submit the application

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am confused! does it mean the physical calculator is wrong! if this is the case I can fight in the court since all applicants rely on the physical calculator to submit the application
You need to meet the residency requirement. All that matters for the case of trying to fight this in court is whether you have at least 1095 days or not. Forget about the calculator. There is no allowance to grant citizenship without having the right number of days. You really need to do the calculation manually to confirm if you do or do not have the days.

Reactions: A_S

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Get your CBSA records first. My record shows exact dates of my entries and exits even including my US entry and exit records.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hello,

If you add three more trips away from Canada, you would be short of days and not more as you would not have been in Canada during those days! However, as @scylla says, do a manual check and see whether you have the minimum required or not. If you do, stick to your guns and fight it out. If not, then it is not worth wasting more time over it as the processing team does not have any room for granting citizenship under the minimum required.
A glitch in the website is a bit of a tall order - not sure if IRCC can risk something like that and open themselves to a host of other problems including litigation. Maybe the dates you have entered in the calculator are incorrect which do not match your entry / exit records.

If fighting it out, make sure that EVERY singe day with entry and exit is accounted for and that there is no room for error. Carry supplementary evidence that prove your physical presence in Canada.

Flavia89

Nov 17, 2022
I just did manual calculation and I get 1258! How can I fight this folks? I have her email! should i email her the manual calculation?

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
I just did manual calculation and I get 1258! How can I fight this folks? I have her email! should i email her the manual calculation?
Sorry, how did it jump from 1095 to 1258? Sorry, just trying to understand not trying to question it..

Also the three trips were they during your temporary status or as permanent resident status? Please don't forget your temp days count as 0.5. so 1 day = 0.5 day during your temp status.

Reactions: YVR123 and sahibo

Flavia89

Nov 17, 2022
I was on work permit from 2015 to 2018 and I got my PR in July 2nd 2018 ! I was absent before my PR for the total number of 13 days and was absent for 28 days during my PR

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I was on work permit from 2015 to 2018 and I got my PR in July 2nd 2018 ! I was absent before my PR for the total number of 13 days and was absent for 28 days during my PR
I was absent before my PR for the total number of 13 days - This should be counted as half since you were on a WP

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
1,069 - 13 = 1,056 days; 1,056 days/2 = 528 days. Max you can get with temp status is 365.

If you are 100% certain that there were no other trips during your PR status then you have EXACTLY 1095 days..I mean you have to be 100% certain that you did not take a two day trip to US during your PR status (which would reduce your day by one and your days would fall below 1095). I would say if you are 100% sure then email the agent..