Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
09-08-2018 returned 31-10-2018
Doc's Request.
17 jan 19 and 23 feb
AOR Received.
Nil
I have called all over Australia trying to get a report for my son. He is 18 nearly 19 and legally an adult here.

The last time he saw a psychiatrist was may 2017 she only sees kids so won't see him.

I have also called every psychiatrist in my state they have all said no. My son has recovered from ptsd. He worked hard and overcame it with his therapist. Cic sent a message for a psych report becuase of his past condition..
106 Psychiatrist's report
A recent report from a Psychiatrist is required. Please forward
a report addressing history (including details of previous
hospitalisations), diagnosis, current management, required health
care and community services, and prognosis. Please include
information about the any restrictions on the applicant's ability
to live independently or work, and any risk to self and/or public
safety. Please also provide information on any substance abuse/
dependence.

The psychiatrists here are convinced it has to be a medico legal report. Costing thousands of dollars and won't see him. I've been told so many different reasons I'm loosing my mind. Even the medico legal ones won't see him as we don't have a lawyer.

So now what. I can't afford $2000 for the legal one plus a lawyer. My son is getting his own place with his girlfriend and doesn't even want to come.

I've read that 1 person or passing medical will fail us all. I have contacted cic several times over this matter but get very little as a response. So I don't know what else to do

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
I have called all over Australia trying to get a report for my son. He is 18 nearly 19 and legally an adult here.

The last time he saw a psychiatrist was may 2017 she only sees kids so won't see him.

I have also called every psychiatrist in my state they have all said no. My son has recovered from ptsd. He worked hard and overcame it with his therapist. Cic sent a message for a psych report becuase of his past condition..
106 Psychiatrist's report
A recent report from a Psychiatrist is required. Please forward
a report addressing history (including details of previous
hospitalisations), diagnosis, current management, required health
care and community services, and prognosis. Please include
information about the any restrictions on the applicant's ability
to live independently or work, and any risk to self and/or public
safety. Please also provide information on any substance abuse/
dependence.

The psychiatrists here are convinced it has to be a medico legal report. Costing thousands of dollars and won't see him. I've been told so many different reasons I'm loosing my mind. Even the medico legal ones won't see him as we don't have a lawyer.

So now what. I can't afford $2000 for the legal one plus a lawyer. My son is getting his own place with his girlfriend and doesn't even want to come.

I've read that 1 person or passing medical will fail us all. I have contacted cic several times over this matter but get very little as a response. So I don't know what else to do
First, have you tried getting a report from your GP with notes from his previous psych he saw in 2017? I work in a public hospital in WA and we send a report/letter on every patient for every appointment, so your son's GP should have reports outlining his treatment and expected outcomes. If your son is willing he could also file a FOI request for copies of his records from his former psychiatrist/hospital. Failing all of that, surely he can see a private psych without telling them he needs a report for immigration. Could he not say it's for work or something? We do reports for back to work all the time!
Second, if your son is planning to move in with his girlfriend you're going to want to be careful that he doesn't become no longer dependent for CIC purposes. Once he gets a spouse/common law partner he is no longer dependent.

Amy mouse

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
South Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
09-08-2018 returned 31-10-2018
Doc's Request.
17 jan 19 and 23 feb
AOR Received.
Nil
I already have his previous reports . I'm in sa there's not many psychiatrists here andvtgey have all said no. I have also contacted clinics in vic. Nsw and qld. I get the same answers... Not taking on new patients... Not willing to make reports.. Not living in the area.. you name it I have heard every excuse. The will not see him.

Him no longer being a dependant is exactly what I think I need at the point.. He's moving out of home he's paying his own rent with his gf. At what point does cic declare him common law . Becuase I don't know any other way around this .

He can't magically be fine dependant on his father he is the reason for the ptsd

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I already have his previous reports . I'm in sa there's not many psychiatrists here andvtgey have all said no. I have also contacted coo ice in cic. Nsw and qld. I get the same answers... Not taking on new patients... Not willing to make reports.. Not living in the area.. you name it I have heard every excuse. The will not see him.

Him no longer being a dependant is exactly what I think I need at the point.. He's moving out of home he's paying his own rent with his gf. At what point does cic declare him common law . Becuase I don't know any other way around this .

He can't magically be fine dependant on his father he is the reason for the ptsd
He would be common-law one year after moving in with her.

The other option is to get a notarized statement from him stating that as a legal adult, he refuses to provide any further medical information and wants to be removed as a dependent from the app. You then get your own notarized declaration stating that you understand that he will excluded form the Family Class and never be able to be sponsored.