+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD

morningzc

Jun 27, 2021
1. I saw some post said there will be an email about acknowledge of receipt after submitting documents to CIC PRTD email. Is it auto or manual? I submitted on early morning of June 17 and got nothing.
2. And I found out there is a new form 5444 but since VAC website still links to 5524 and old checklist. I didn’t bother looking for everything new. Don’t know if that is okay.
3.Heard it takes 3 months to finish. Anyone has experience?

cityscape

Apr 7, 2022
I just applied online on my PR portal and didn't get an email receipt either from ircc. No idea how long it will take, I even requested urgency.

zercool

May 3, 2018
1. I saw some post said there will be an email about acknowledge of receipt after submitting documents to CIC PRTD email. Is it auto or manual? I submitted on early morning of June 17 and got nothing.
2. And I found out there is a new form 5444 but since VAC website still links to 5524 and old checklist. I didn’t bother looking for everything new. Don’t know if that is okay.
3.Heard it takes 3 months to finish. Anyone has experience?
I applied on the same date via VSF in Turkey , I used the application 5524 . did you get any update so far ?

morningzc

Jun 27, 2021
I applied on the same date via VSF in Turkey , I used the application 5524 . did you get any update so far ?
I used 5524 too. And submitted through email on June 21 again. And got the auto acknowledge of receipt 7 minutes later. And got nothing ever after.

morningzc

Jun 27, 2021
Folks (if you have sent application to PRTD email), Try to link your PRTD application to IRCC account using steps given here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html (select application type as PR Card)

If you are able to link, your application processing has started. you can keep checking the status there.
Can't link the current PRTD application. only the old PR application. PRTD is not started yet.:( So sad

morningzc

Jun 27, 2021
Folks (if you have sent application to PRTD email), Try to link your PRTD application to IRCC account using steps given here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html (select application type as PR Card)

If you are able to link, your application processing has started. you can keep checking the status there.
2 weeks passed, cannot link yet. :( Once it is linked, how long will the process time take? Still 2 months or shorter?

muggle

Nov 8, 2022
I just applied online on my PR portal and didn't get an email receipt either from ircc. No idea how long it will take, I even requested urgency.
Hi. Any updates on your online application through the portal? If yes, can you please share the timelines? Thank you!

vikash_vimal

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Hi, I have to apply for PRTD on H & C ground from India as I could not go to Canada for last 10 years due to personal issues. In online PRTD form (imm5444e) question no 4.1 ask for address history of last five years inside & outside Canada. I last 5 years I visited hong kong for five days as a tourist. Do I need to write address for Hong Kong visit? Pls guide....

only option for me is via portal as VAC is not accepting application for PRTD

MWH

May 12, 2018

How to link PRTD APPLICATION applied via pr portal?
There is no application number for PRTD application.
I tried with Permanent resident card but it didn't find the prtd application.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Hi, I have to apply for PRTD on H & C ground from India as I could not go to Canada for last 10 years due to personal issues. In online PRTD form (imm5444e) question no 4.1 ask for address history of last five years inside & outside Canada. I last 5 years I visited hong kong for five days as a tourist. Do I need to write address for Hong Kong visit? Pls guide....

only option for me is via portal as VAC is not accepting application for PRTD
Vacations aren't permanent addresses. No need to include it.

Reactions: YVR123