File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
how long is it taking for a PRTD application. Been waiting since March 19th …
You need to say where you applied from if you want feedback. I would also recommend you post to the Permanent Residency Obligation section of the forum vs. here.

Also, indicate if this is a regular PRTD application (meaning there are no residency obligation issues) or whether you are applying under H&C.

Reactions: paneka penalty

sudy007

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
now it seems you can do some applications online, including PRTD. I am trying to fill in the application online, and it wants you to pay the fees online too, before you can submit. I went thru all the steps but when i go to submit button, it just wont activate, give me that red circle with a line through it. I am also trying to see how i can apply through the canadian consulate in mumbai or delhi in india, but cannot find any link, can somebody guide me

vinitpe46

Aug 9, 2020
Hello,

I did a softlanding last week and returned to my home country. But I need to travel next month and I assume I will not have the PR card by then.

What proof do you need to give for residency obligation for obtaining PRTD?

muggle

Nov 8, 2022
now it seems you can do some applications online, including PRTD. I am trying to fill in the application online, and it wants you to pay the fees online too, before you can submit. I went thru all the steps but when i go to submit button, it just wont activate, give me that red circle with a line through it. I am also trying to see how i can apply through the canadian consulate in mumbai or delhi in india, but cannot find any link, can somebody guide me
Hi. Did you manage to submit your application on the online portal? Any updates on the status? Thanks!

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Applied via online portal for PRTD on november 9th, status showing submitted since then. will update here how it goes. if anyone else has applied through portal online please update here on timeline so we can get an idea about the current processing times.

Applicant is from Pakistan, completed soft landing and left so meets RO.

Reactions: muggle

gsinghsethi

Jan 3, 2023
India
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello hirasalam:

A few questions:

1. Did you mark your application as URGENT?
2. Did you have to submit the passport to a VAC or directly to the consulate?

gsinghsethi

Jan 3, 2023
India
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Hirasalam - thank you so much for your incredibly swift response.

Just a few more questions:

1. Any ideas on the processing time for a lost/stolen PR Card?
2. How much time did it take to go through the VAC process? Does it make sense to get an appointment in advance?
3. Any way to expedite any stage of this process?

I marked my application as urgent, and thank you so very much for your swift response. If anyone else here has lost their PR Card, would love to know the processing time for PRTD.

vinitpe46

Aug 9, 2020
how long is it taking for a PRTD application. Been waiting since March 19th …
It takes 1-2 weeks from the day you submit your passport and you get it back. You'll have to submit to a VAC centre, and they send it further to the Consulate/Embassy.

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Hi Hirasalam - thank you so much for your incredibly swift response.

Just a few more questions:

1. Any ideas on the processing time for a lost/stolen PR Card?
2. How much time did it take to go through the VAC process? Does it make sense to get an appointment in advance?
3. Any way to expedite any stage of this process?

I marked my application as urgent, and thank you so very much for your swift response. If anyone else here has lost their PR Card, would love to know the processing time for PRTD.
1. NO idea about specifically lost / stolen card, not sure if it differs cuz our case was waiting on first card
2. VAC - got it back in a week. Didn't need appointment for Karachi, PK
3. no way to expedite as far as I know